Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Remedies For Anxiety Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Remedies For Anxiety Disorder (1443 Views)

I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / The Most Powerful Natural Cure For Anxiety & Chronic Stress / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by KingLander: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
There is a difference between anxiety and anxiety disorder. People experience anxiety in a variety of ways. That fear of the unknown and uncertainty about the future is something everyone will experience at some point in his or her life. Some common symptoms of anxiety disorder are dizziness, chest pain, loss of appetite, a nervous stomach, and shortness of breath.
Appetite is linked to stress. Calm Clinic states that being anxious affects the way someone eats as well as how someone enjoys their food. While in the short term this can seem inconsequential, it can actually have long-term negative effects related to poor feeding and shortage of nutrients.
The moment you start rejecting food, your anxiety increases because your stomach has already been producing too many acid that introduce the symptoms of hyperacidity which results into chest burn, gastroesophageal reflux disease, dry cough and an urge to throw up. Other illness like ulcer may thrive because you refused to eat.
Below are some remedies to beat anxiety disorder and become a normal person again.

(1) LAUGH AT YOUR ANXIETY
Acknowledge that you have been an idiot the whole time fooling yourself. Think of anxiety as a hard drug or alcohol that made you loss your mind and then laugh at yourself. Recognize that you were only anxious.

(2) CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS
If your anxiety was caused by health concerns, then go for check up to be sure you are healthy and liberate your mind. See a doctor and find out if your anxiety disorder was triggered by gastroesophageal reflux disease or other illness.

(3) RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY.
Knowing the symptoms will help you keep calm whenever it comes. For instance, if your anxiety disorder started as a result of gastroesophageal reflux disease, and is mistaken to be a cardiovascular event or a heart attack, then know that your chest will feel full and your chest muscles will contract. This shouldn't be a cause for concern because your brain is only telling your chest muscles to protect your heart and lungs from danger. Other symptoms may include abdominal cramping, chest burn chest pain due to tight chest muscles and throat choking and shortness of breath caused by stomach acid reflux.

(4) SLOW YOUR BREATH.
Slowing your breath will reduce your heart rate and pressure on your chest.

(5) AVOID CANABIS
Also known as marijuana, canabis is often used to treat anxiety, but it can be a cause for anxiety disorder in some people.

(6) STOP BEING CURIOUS
Stop searching the Internet for symptoms of the cause of your anxiety

(7) DRINK MILK
Milk contains alkaline properties that neutralizes the excess acid produced by your stomach which causes symptoms of hyperacidity such as shortness of breath, loss of appetite, chest burn, dry cough and shortness of breath.

(cool CHANGE YOUR DIET
Avoid oily, pepperish, spicy and fried foods. Eat more of vegetables, fruits and foods containing palm oil to avoid acid relux and ulcer symptoms. Do this until your medication prescribed by your doctor has been completed. Drink Antacid morning and evening to lubricate your esophagus and prevent it from closing up, causing throat choking and shortness of breath due to acid reflux. Eat light meals at night and do not go to bed right after a meal. Eat slowly, one intake down your thoat before another. Chew your food well before swallowing and drink lot of water always.

(9) CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE
If visiting a particular place or people reminds you of the cause of your anxiety, then its time to stop going there. Read books and get yourself busy.

(10) GET ENOUGH SLEEP
Sleep is not only good for your brain, but also for your heart. Never deprive yourself of sleep whenever it calls. Sleep for longer hours. Your vital organs are very important.

(11) EXERCISE
Exercise makes you feel good. In fact your anxiety becomes complicated when your body isn't warmed up by exercise. Exercise is very vital for your heart. But if you have concerns about your heart health then see your doctor for proper check up before you engage in any physical or sexual activities to avoid heart attack, heart failure or stroke.

(12) STOP UNPROTECTED SEX
This is the end of the road for someone who has got the AIDS because no medication will cure this illness. Anxiety disorder is often linked with GERD
Re: Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by Babysho(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Lol all these didn't work. I was religious with it for 1 year and same shortness of breath. Somebody please tell me there's a drug like Xanax that works for this
Re: Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by asitis752: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2022
Babysho:
Lol all these didn't work. I was religious with it for 1 year and same shortness of breath. Somebody please tell me there's a drug like Xanax that works for this
Re: Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by Babysho(m): 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
asitis752:
have you taken the xanax? I seriously need help

Not yet o. Still doing my rounds of wasting money on tests.
Re: Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by Smartslim17: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Babysho:

Not yet o. Still doing my rounds of wasting money on tests.

Hello, please how far with the treatment
Re: Remedies For Anxiety Disorder by Jennywonder: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
We are on the same boat. Anxiety disorder is the worst sickness so far. Have been fighting this for over a year now still no change despite being on medication.

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? / Red Lips! / STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.