Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. (4656 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside / Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) (2) (3) (4)

Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hmm....I can still remember the final day I printed my call after all d whole federal government and nysc palava. I was so perplexed when I saw taraba state boldly written on it, my fourth choice for that matter. Chai which kind sh*t be this. I was scared my parents were scare, I just had to put on the heart of a man.

On the day I was to travel from Ibadan to taraba. I packed all I would need in camp on a journey that took me 2days. On arriving in camp, I signed in, collected my bedspace, got my kits and meet with my platoon leader.

Taraba camp at sibre is very nice, one of the largest In Nigeria. For new pcms I would encourage you to engage in one or more activities in camp, this not only enable you enjoy camp it sometimes influences your posting esp sports, red cross and band. I was in band and drama unit then.

Final day of camp, I got my ppa letter. I was hoping for a stay in Jalingo or wukari but God having his way I was posted to Bali local government.

Initially, I wanted to change back to jalingo though most of my friends did but I changed my mind along the way and I stayed back in Bali.

Now let me give you some quick facts about taraba:

1. Government don't pay during service year.
2. There is no incident of boko haram insurgency here
3. 90% would be posted to secondary schools as they have many schools but few teacher here.
4. cost of living is very low.
5. Taraba is a very large state, with few people. so the distance between local governments could be as far as 6hrs.
6. so many source of income for corpers here. (more on that later).
7. Taraba now has an airport for those that wanna fly.

Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Sirfrederick(m): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
With th 1 to 7 u listed aside number 6. Why should we be encouraged to serve in taraba.

Invest your time and 7.4k to get 37k
E-mail me for info
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Now having spent over 6mths In Taraba here as a Batch A 2016 stream1, I can at least share my experience on the good side to taraba state.

1. Taraba is a peaceful state
Contrary to popular opinions, taraba is one, if not the most peaceful state in the north, where Muslims n xtains co exist in unity. There have being few religious Strife's in areas such as Ibi and wukari but those are now things of the past.

2. You get enough extra ppa's
For those looking to save a large extent of their allawee then taraba is just the place for you. There so many extra ppa here ranging from private schools looking for teachers, parents looking for home lesson teachers, immunization paroles, writing exams for indigenes etc

3. The state government pays you after service year.
this is some what an advantage as you might have spent the money if they paid you while you where serving.

4. So much respect for corpers
They literally worship corpers here, u get free rides, free foods, u get to jump queue sometimes, they watch out for your welfare etc. I hope you get the picture.

Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
5. Your PPA provides accommodation for you. Free.
Here in taraba it is the duty of you ppa to provide accommodation for you free. except you re posted to jalingo though. The cool thing there is DAT you get to have a room to yourself.

6. Low cost of living
Right now, I want to cook a soup worth N250 and that can last for like 3-4 days. sometime I have to remove some pepper n tomatoes so the soup won't be too much.

Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
more to follow.
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Sirfrederick(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Now you are talking
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
r
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
Abeycity97:
looks like we have similar story but in my own case, my fiancee is the one going to taraba from Ibadan..... pls how we she go about it because we don't know wot to do?

There are usually buses that go directly from ibadan to camp like a day before the camp opens. The park is usually around UI area, u can make enquires. Otherwise she would have to break her journey; from Ibadan to Benue(gboko) then to taraba(sibre camp).
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by poseidonsaiz03: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2016
Sirfrederick:
With th 1 to 7 u listed aside number 6. Why should we be encouraged to serve in taraba.

Invest your time and 7.4k to get 37k
E-mail me for info
.... kindly text me at poseidonsaiz03@gmail.com
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Jslay1: 11:11am On Nov 28, 2016
Please do Wukari accepts corpers?
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
I am Serving in Taraba. Wukari to be precise. Taraba is really a nice place for Corp members although it lacks industries but then life here is cheap and enjoyable. Really enjoying my stay in wukari. Thank God I never redeployed. I have two lessons am running and earning extra cash. Many other corners here have up to three self. Things are just OK here. Don't see your posting to taraba as a course rather see it as an opportunity to achieve a goal. Enjoy your camp and pray for a good place.

Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by hopefullman: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2016
I'm curently serving in taraba.Although the camp structures is ok and the soldiers are very very nice and friendly, i heard only 4 local govt have electricity and is very dull.
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by honifome(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
papi aktor! i inquired from u about d state but ur reply made me indifferent. Anyway, i choosed the state as a fourth option and i wont be worried like u if i am deployed there. Is the climate in ur area cool cos i learnt that the highlands are cool to the extent that they are suitable for coffee cultivation?
Re: Good Reasons Why You Should Stay And Serve In Taraba State. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
honifome:
papi aktor! i inquired from u about d state but ur reply made me indifferent. Anyway, i choosed the state as a fourth option and i wont be worried like u if i am deployed there. Is the climate in ur area cool cos i learnt that the highlands are cool to the extent that they are suitable for coffee cultivation?

The climate in Taraba is not as harsh as compared to other northern states.

Injustice In The Payment Of Lagos State NYSC Allowance / NYSC Kits Available For N1500 / Fud 2013 Nysc Batch B Mobilization List