Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Network Engineering, Office 365 And The Nigerian Market - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Network Engineering, Office 365 And The Nigerian Market (446 Views)

"Scrapping" Of The 2020 NYSC Due To Covid-19:an Open Letter To The Nigerian FG / Attend The Nigerian Dream Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Network Engineering, Office 365 And The Nigerian Market by cinorita(f): 4:00am On Nov 22, 2016
As an IT professional in Nigeria I have interviewed and been interviewed for network engineering/administration positions. Putting aside the subtle differences between being a network engineer and a network admin I would like to ask fellow professionals their view on the topic in the Nigerian market

For those who desire to build a career in this field please remember before you jump to defining multi area OSPF you should understand (very well) basic concepts like DNS and DHCP. How do you monitor your network? (do you know EXACTLY what’s happening on your network). How do you manage documents in an organisation? are you good at troubleshooting the network? can you manage different branch offices from the central HQ? What is your knowledge of VPN or direct access? I believe these are some of the things companies desire in an IT professional.

As the world moves towards cloud computing in it
As an IT professional in Nigeria I have interviewed and been interviewed for network engineering/administration positions. Putting aside the subtle differences between being a network engineer and a network admin I would like to ask fellow professionals their view on the topic in the Nigerian market

For those who desire to build a career in this field please remember before you jump to defining multi area OSPF you should understand (very well) basic concepts like DNS and DHCP. How do you monitor your network? (do you know EXACTLY what’s happening on your network). How do you manage documents in an organisation? are you good at troubleshooting the network? can you manage different branch offices from the central HQ? What is your knowledge of VPN or direct access? I believe these are some of the things companies desire in an IT professional.

As the world moves towards cloud computing in its different forms an IT professional can only ignore it at his/her own peril. Office 365 is one of Microsoft fastest selling products; what’s your knowledge of SharePoint? how do companies communicate and collaborate?

I believe these are some of the reasons CISCO reviewed their CCNA in version 3 (who would have believed there would be a course like network programmer?) I take PRIVATE CCNA TRAININGS (home training). With my one on one training you would not only learn, configure and understand the network engineering technologies but will also be able to ask questions and tap into my IT experience and get valuable insights

For more info, WhatsApp me on 0701 784 0966

For IT consultations, projects, questions or your just an IT professional interested in widening you circle of friends you can also send me a message so we can share experiences

(1) (Reply)

Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! / Customer Care/receptionist / Training! (30% Discount For Corpers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.