Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Revolution - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Revolution (1763 Views)

Poem Titled "Imminent Revolution" / FICTION: Sex Village By Sexual Series (revolution) / Revolution: From 3rd World To First World In A Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revolution by sixthmars: 6:05am On Nov 22, 2016
hi! I'm new here, pls show some love.
I've just had this crazy concept and thought I needed criticism for the work. so feel free to criticize hard. thank you.
This is a work of fiction.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2016
I knew my live had changed completely, our lives. As I sat on the long settee in our living room, my brother Fubi, sitting very close to me so that our knee touched. it was all I could think about; our lives had changed. I looked at Fubi without turning my head. His expression was blank like it used to be when mom prays at the morning devotion. I wondered what he was thinking about. I looked at the policemen sitting directly opposite us. 'What were they saying?' I thought. Of course it can't be true. We looked at them like they were telling us a story of some other people of which we were no relation to . 'I mean, it could be a case of mistaken identity. Yes, mistaken identity. In a country so poor at forensics in was laughable, I country so quick at judgement without evidence.' Why am I thinking about what a failed state Nigeria is right now? I think either the policemen were tired of our silence or stare, because they both stood up immediately like it was rehearsed. One of them, the tall one cleared his throat and said something about us following him to the morgue for identification. I looked up at them and stood up slowly, I turned to go upstairs but noticed Fubi still sitting down, his face bent to the floor. I thought he was crying so I touched his shoulder. He rose his head up slowly, but stood up much faster. We went upstairs together. The policemen were outside whenever we came downstairs dressed in less reveling outfits . I locked the door as we went outside to join them in their van. ' my parents are not dead, it's just a case of mistaken identity.' I said quietly, almost whispering but convincingly to myself.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2016
The cold air from the room tore through my skin. It felt colder, I folded my arms together not just to keep warm, but to prevent my heart from falling out. I was scared. I followed the tall policeman who looked smart in his fitted suit. Fubi was beside me, walking just as slowly as I did. We stopped at the middle of the room and waited for the attendant who's dressed in white to open the black bag used to put the body in. At that point I was shivering visibly, my faith was failing me. It seemed to take forever for him to open it, but I never once took my eyes from the body resting on the metal trolley. The tall policeman asked if we were ready. I nodded, I think Fubi did too because the attendant opened the first bag in one swift move exposing the face down to the shoulder . I stood there motionless. He closed it and opened the second, just to the same point. I heard footsteps, and quickly turned around to look. Fubi had run out. It was real, not a dream, not a mistaken identity. My parents were dead. I thought I'd faint, or weep, or just die. But I was calm, I don't know where the strength came from. I looked at the tall policeman and told him they were my parents. I walked past him, my still folded arms bruising his lightly. I didn't wait to check it he had followed.
Re: Revolution by vakinola1(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Keep it coming ........

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2016
Fubi sat on the brick used to arrange the flower bed. He looked up when I got close to him, his eyes dark and shallow. He stretched up to his full length and hugged me tight. He didn't cry, neither did I.

I tried to pull off the keys from it's hole so I can fix it in the hole inside to enable me lock the door from inside the house. Fubi was going upstair. I locked the door and sat on the chair close to the landline on the table. Dad always insisted on it, said handsets were distractions. I got my first phone when I graduated from secondary school, it was my graduation gift. I called Mr Femi, to tell him about my parents. I think he was skeptical too, just like I was at first because he kept asking if I was sure. Femi has been a friend of my father and family too since he was also dad's lawyer I thought he should be the first to know. I didn't know who else to call.

'Can I come in?' I asked Fubi opening the door to his room lightly. He laid on his bed reading a book, it was school book. Fubi never reads. Dad literarily forces him to. As he saw me he kept the opened book on his stomach, but didn't make any effort to sit up. I sat on the plastic chair close to the reading table in the room.
' I called uncle Femi' I said not recognizing my voice. I coughed a little to clear my throat. ' He'll be here soon, probably with his wife' Fubi only nodded, saying nothing else so I continued. ' I don't know who else to call, do you?' At that point Fubi slouched on the wall. 'Uncle Iyaye'. He simply said.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2016
c'mon guys I need your comments to motivate me. plssssss embarassed
Re: Revolution by misshart65: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
I'm intrigued.... more please

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Uncle Femi paced the living room, gesturing frantically. His wife sat down on the arm chair at the left side of the room. He was pissed with us for going to the morgue without calling him first, said he would have gone with us to make the sight less difficult. Like that matters. I looked at Fubi, he was listening, I could tell because he had his ear plugs on. I looked at Uncle Femi who had stopped pacing and was standing in front of us, his left hand akimbo. He shook his head and knelt in front of us, his eyes bloodshot. He held both our necks to bring our heads closer to his till it touched his lightly . ' I'm sorry' he said with a cracked voice. ' I really am'.

A knock on the door woke me up that morning, as I slowly walked down the stairs, I noticed Fubi following me. As I opened the door, Fatu, our help from Liberia rushed in. She hugged me so tight, crying seriously. Then she released me to hug Fubi who has been standing there watching us. She touched his face and moved it from side to side asking at the same time if he was okay.

By afternoon our house was filled with sympathizers. Some sobbing, some talking quietly, and others encouraging us. Uncle Femi stood at a corner with uncle Iyaye, uncle Williams and aunty Pamela, daddy's siblings. Fatu and uncle Femi's wife were sharing the garden egg and groundnut they bought.
That night we didn't sleep alone, Fatu had made us dinner and stayed in the guest room downstairs which had always been hers. I kept tossing on my bed as sleep had eloped from me so I went downstairs to get a glass of water when I heard noises coming from Fatu's room. I knew she was crying again.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2016
uncle Femi drove Fubi and I home from my parents burial meeting. It was a fiasco. I was beginning to understand why dad never went close to his family. Uncle Iyaye had moved the notion first that 400 thousand naira be withdrawn from dad's account to set up things for the burial. When uncle Femi said he wasn't a signatory to the account, uncle Williams had insisted that they go all daddy's accounts tomorrow to make sure they are made signatories. Uncle Femi had stormed out of the meeting strictly asking us to follow him. I knew he was angry, his jaw was clenched and it looked like he trying to force the anger down his throat. I was angry too. ' Fake ass uncles'. I thought. Uncle Femi shut the door quietly as we walked into the house. ' the burial is going to take place before Fubi leaves for school'. Uncle Femi had said walking to the kitchen. He pour himself a glass of water, drank it empty before joining us again in the living room. ' so, no matter how much your uncles try to delay the burial will hold within the next two weeks with or without them'. He said adjusting his tie. I nodded and looked at Fubi. I had totally forgotten about school. Fubi was going to be in SS3 when school opens in September at the Nigerian Navy secondary school port Harcourt, a boarding school and I had just gained admission at the university of port Harcourt to study public/international relations. How would we cope? I don't know how to do this, I was confused at that moment. I was still thinking about how things would be when school resumes when Fubi knocked out of my thought with the most outlandish statement ever. He had said he would not be going back to school. Uncle Femi was as surprise as I was. ' Yes you will'. I had simply said. ' No Belema, I will not' he had continued defiantly. ' If I go to school who will stay here with you? I can't possibly leave you alone, I know you think you are old enough but 18 years isn't much' he had said raising his voice. I couldn't believe I had heard clearly, what was he talking about?. ' so what do you want to do, take care of me?' I had asked raising my voice in disbelief. ' You are going back to school and that is final '. I had screamed. ' You'll have to force me then.' Fubi said and ran upstairs. Uncle Femi who had watched the whole drama had patted my shoulder had told me to go easy on Fubi before leaving the house.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
I sat on the toilet seat and thought about what Fubi had said. I didn't even see myself going to school this year, I thought, it was cruel for me to force him to go to school when I wasn't even thinking about it. I was sorry for forcing him. What would daddy do? he'd have tried to make a deal with Fubi, he does that all the time and it works. Mom is a busy unaffectionate woman. She doesn't really have time for us or dad. She's a professor of sociology at the university of port Harcourt, that made her always busy. She was rarely at home and stays in her room whenever she's home. I think it was why she and daddy had separate rooms. Daddy was lonely most times, but he always made excuses for mom. I've never seen mom Cook, Fatu does all the cooking. She doesn't know a thing about us, she doesn't even remember our birthdays. I got an idea at that moment. I stood up and flushed. I knocked on Fubi's door and quietly went in without waiting for an answer. I sat on his bed this time. ' we could switch you to day school'. He sat up and sized me I think to check if I was serious. ' That way we can both take care of each other. it's just us now Fubi, we can't fight ourselves. We have to survive.' I said tapping his arm gently. He didn't smile, but his eyes lit up. I knew he liked it.

I was woken by the noise downstairs. I checked my phone, it was 5:30am.
I came downstairs after looking at the mirror for close to 5 minutes. I had stood there and looked at the girl in the mirror, she was different. No she had changed. The short black dress I wore hung loosely on my shoulder. I had lost weight.
Fatu was arranging the things we'll use to serve guests that will come to the house after the burial. Fubi had refuse to wear a suit, or the material that was given to us. He had instead opted for a black jean and a black polo top. The blanked out most times at the burial, so I didn't hear most of what was said. The eulogy was said by uncle Iyaye instead of Fubi. We had poured sand into the graves and watched as people cried their eyes out. Fatu was close to us crying profusely. Everything after that was a blur. In no time we were home.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Fubi who was lying on the couch stood up and walked towards me immediately I entered the house. ' Uncle Iyaye is in the dinning ' he whispered. I walked straight to the dinning followed closely by Fubi and uncle Femi. Uncle Iyaye looked up from the plate of ogbono soup he was eating and smiled at me. Fatu had prepared soup and stew that was to last us a week, she had gotten a new job as a live in nanny and so had to leave us, but she had promised us to come whenever she can to cook for us. ' Welcome Belema, where are you coming from?' he asked. ' Out' I simply replied. ' What are you doing here?' Uncle Femi asked sitting down on one of the empty seats. Uncle Iyaye looked at him in derision and made a statement about how he came to see his brother's children. After that he had asked me to send uncle Femi away because he had something he'd like to discuss with me. I told me he could say whatever he wanted as uncle Femi was now our lawyer. Uncle Iyaye had laughed spitefully, he stood up leaving his plates behind and walking into the living room to watch TV. I picked up the plate and walked into the kitchen,Fubi followed me closely while uncle Femi followed uncle Iyaye to the living room. ' Did you succeed?' Fubi asked resting on the counter as I washed the plates. I looked at him and nodded. I had gone to the bank with uncle Femi to change signatory of my parents accounts, they three different accounts; my mom's salary account, dad's salary account and their joint account. Uncle Femi also sent letters to both LNG where dad worked and the university of port Harcourt where mom worked so they can pay some kind of arrears. Uncle Femi said those monies could help us till I'm done with school and get a job. ' Did he say why he's here?' I asked referring to uncle Iyaye. ' No'. Fubi said with a shrug. I cleaned my hands on the towel by the fridge and followed Fubi back to the living room. There was an awkward silence in the living room that was only interrupted by the sound of the TV. ' I want to talk to both of you alone'.
' No you can't' . Uncle Femi chipped in.
' Fine, I'd say it'. Uncle Iyaye said sitting up. ' I'll be living here with you till you are old enough to stay on your own'. Fubi's eyes widened in surprise, he looked at me waiting for my answer. I looked around the living room and noticed that both uncle Femi and uncle Iyaye were also looking at me, probably expecting an answer. ' Thank you uncle, but we are old enough to take care of ourselves.' I said defiantly. Uncle Iyaye looked as me like there were spiders crawling out of my mouth.
He had left a few minute later blaming uncle Femi for influencing me and turning me into a terrible child. Uncle Femi had left right after asking us to call him in case of any problem.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Fubi had gone to school leaving me alone at. The morning was bright, sunlight penetrated into the kitchen as I was washing the left over plates. After that I sat down on the couch and watched a movie on my laptop. I was bored so I thought about going to the market to get some fruits and stationary. I changed into a blue Jean trousers and a black blouse, I bent under the bed to find my gladiator sandals. I looked at the huge mirror beside my wardrobe as I arranged my natural hair. I wasn't in the mood to make up, I haven't made up since my parents died. I looked at my parents cars that were still packed in the compound and remembered all the good times I've spent in them. 'Why didn't they go with their car?' I thought. Maybe, just maybe if they had gone with their car they'd still be alive. The police had said it was the recklessness of the driver that caused the accident. ' why didn't they go with their car?' I thought again.
I flagged down a taxi heading towards agip junction from GRA. I was going to get a bus from there to mile 3 where I'd buy the fruits and maybe the stationary. The hot sun burnt through my skin as I walked through the market buying pineapples, apples, bananas and oranges. I got tissues, pads, milk, sugar, Milo, some biscuits, cereals and other breakfast food. Our car was stuck in traffic close to Terry's club. I had always been fascinated by the exterior decor of the club, and it was the same thing today, I was enjoying the view when the vacancy plastered on the gate caught my eye. Just then an idea popped into my head.
I sat on the reading table in my room and tried to apply for a job for the first time in my life. I've done it in school, but nothing serious. I folded the letter neatly and put it in the envelope I had taken from dad's room, after that I edited the CV in my laptop that I did as an assignment in my A'levels communications in English. I added a few skills that weren't true, and added my A'level just to make the CV fancy.
' Why are you editing your CV?' Fubi asked. I didn't even hear him walk into my room, I must have been carried away by what I was doing.
' I saw a vacancy, thought I should apply'
' and school?' he asked with a little strain in his voice.
' I told you I wasn't gonna leave you here all by yourself'
' so you are just gonna forfeit school?
' no, I've applied for the national open university, I'll go there. it'll be easier all I have to do is read and study at home online, then I go to their center for my exam.' I told him trying to not just convince him but myself too. Surprisingly he hadn't argued with me, he just asked where I got the job.
' Terry's club' he looked at me like I was joking, ' It's a club, do you know what it means?' he asked not waiting for my response, ' you'll have to start by 7 or maybe 8 and be there till it's 3 or 4'. he said like I was his younger sister and didn't know what I was doing.
' I know, I'll be fine Fubi.' I said hoping he'll drop it. ' By the way, I can't stay at home all the time. I need to keep busy.' Luckily Fubi had seen reasons with me and even agreed to follow me to the club to drop my CV. I know I'm older than he is, but I've always considered his opinions as important. After all, he's the only true family I've got.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
so I thought to hail those who've been doing a wonderful job here. You are all invited to read:Larrysun
Ozila
Audreytimms
Repo girl
360prince
Mynd44
Candy
Princesa
Prettyspicey
Flakkydagirl
Sammyhoe
Therock555
Frank316
Royver
Ishilove
Fiyah
Dt97 and others. welcome to read and pls criticize as much as you want.

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
I rushed my dinner of fried yam and fish, Fubi had prepared. Though most of it got burnt whenever he fries it I don't ever complain. I need him to learn how to cook, so the stress does not rest on me alone. I made sure not to cook until he's around. That way we get to cook together and learn too. I wore a blue jean trousers, I love jeans it's always an easy go for me and a red top. I wore my sandals and put my 6 inches heels into my back pack.
I went into the kitchen to tell Fubi I was leaving, I told him to sleep early and that I'd be back early tomorrow . I checked my wrist watch, damn I was running late. ' wait let me walk you down' Fubi said putting off the gas and cleaning his hands on the towel.
' No don't worry I'll be fine'.
' Yeah, whatever' He said not backing down.

' So how has school been?' I asked making small talks, we haven't talked since forever .
' Good.' he simply said. I already knew it was good. Fubi was what you call one of those gifted kids, he never reads and he never forgets either. He makes Physics and Maths that I've always hated seem like social studies. Funny thing is he has always refused to represent his school for any competition and it never affected his social life either. He has always been very social and cool around people and made friends really fast. I on the other hand have been the quiet, anti social one. I wasn't dumb, but I wasn't gifted either.
' Can my friends come over tomorrow, like after school?'
' I don't know Fubi, I don't think I'll be able to clean after you guys'.
' I promise we will be quiet, and we won't eat all the food, and I'll clean up after'.
' yeah right. the day you clean something' I said sarcastically and we both laughed. it's been a while since we talked and laughed like this. I liked it.
I hugged him tight but quickly and reminded him to sleep early, before I walked in.
The exterior of the club looked even more beautiful at night. Neon lights shone everywhere. The red, blue and green colors dancing erratically. I walked in through the door labeled staff.
' Are you the new girl?' I turned around swiftly to look at who asked. The man looked like he should be in his forties, early forties. He wore a small jacket over his blue shirt and a black trouser. He looked so smart, his beards was white for his aged and covered half of his face, his hair looked like they were carved with a knife. It was perfect, he was perfect. I tried to answer but nothing came out so I nodded.
' Follow me ' he said walking through a corridor into a room labeled dressing room. He was talking and walking, 'there are two dressing rooms in this club. One is for the dancers and the other for workers.' he turned to looked at me and used his hand to gesture, before saying ' like you'. He paused for a while to talk to a girl who looked like her bust will come out off her uniform anytime and say 'howdy'.
' Did you come with your heels?' Mr white beard said turning to me.
' You were asked to come with one right?' he asked again when I didn't answer the first time. I nodded and brought it out of my bag.
' Do you talk? because you'll have to do a lot of talking here, especially to customers.'
' I'm sorry' I said finding my voice, ' of course I talk' I said smiling nervously. He stopped to look at me with a raised eye brow.
' How old are you?' He asked suspiciously.
' I uhm...18' I said making it sound like a question.
' Do your parents know you are here?' he asked, his eyes searching every inch of me. His stare made me blush. ' Does it matter?' I asked not knowing where my confidence came from. He looked from the tip of his glasses, then he moved it to adjust his focus. He turned back to continue with his tour. He introduced me to the other girls and gave me my uniforms. Two shirts,( red and black), a red skirt and a black short. Which is to be worn alternatively with whatever heel we want. He told me to get ready and left.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
' It's a perfect size'. I spun around to see a dark skinned girl that looked nothing more than 22. Her hair was cut very low and sprayed brown, she had the hips of Sophia vegara and the breast of Scarlett Jo. She looked like a vixen. Her skirt was pulled up by her butt, making it even shorter.
' Hi! I'm Aya. Infunaya, but every body calla me Aya' she said stretching her hand. I took it in mine. ' I'm Belema'. I said. 'We need to make it sexy, Belema is a little bit too local'. she said nonchalantly. ' Bells!' she said almost shouting like she found the solution to global warming. ' Bells is good, that's what you should tell people. That way people will look at you as someone who's sophisticated and not local, and you'll get more tips' She said and tied her top to the side, exposing her body. ' You should makeup, guys dig that too. if you are lucky you'll meet someone who is ready yo spend today.' My eyes widened at her bold insinuations. She walked out, leaving me alone. I looked at the mirror, my hair was still natural, my face plain and pale. I looked like a mess, but I didn't care. I just needed something like this to clear my head.
The loud music blared continuously from the speakers. Disco light of different colours shone everywhere. I walked up to the bar and met a tall, muscled bartender. He was very handsome too, but not like white beard. I saw other bartenders attending to people, they all looked handsome. Like they were selected for their looks, yes they were. I didn't know what to do, I was confused. ' Here darling', I heard the bartender say, passing me a tray with some cups in them. ' Take it over there. Come right back please'. He said pointing to a group of boys sitting at a spot. I took it from him and moved as slowly and carefully as I could to where he had pointed. I placed the glasses on the table and immediately scuffled back to the counter. ' You've almost poured out the entire drink. Didn't they complain?' the bartender asked. I shook my head. ' Oh, they must be so drunk not to have noticed.'
' Here, let me show you'. Aya, who has been listening said from beside me. ' You should hold your tray, not with your center palm, but with your fingers and the edge of the palm. Bend your legs a little so the weight rests on your upper body.' She said bending me a little. I went some more rounds that night/ morning and I even got a tip before going home.
I had gotten home by 5 in the morning. I took my bath, and put hot water in the flask in case Fubi would want to drink tea. Then I knocked on his door to wake him up, before going to sleep. I was beyond exhausted and I needed rest.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 8:52am On Nov 24, 2016
Noises from downstairs woke me up. I checked the time on my phone, 5:30, damn I should get ready. I took a peek first into the living room and saw Fubi. A group of about 4 boys surrounding him, they were talking and laughing. ' Hi sis!' Fubi said waving his hands towards me. He must have seen me hiding. ' Did we wake you?' He asked as I walked towards them in the living room. I shook my head and smiled at the boys who greeted me. ' Have you eaten?' I asked, walking out and into the kitchen. ' Yes, got your note.' Fubi shouted at me who was now in the kitchen. I had woken up at 10 to take my bath, eat and study a little. I had reheated the soup and made garri for Fubi and scribbled a note for him. ' There's soup in the pot and already baked garri. Don't wake me'. I brought out a pot to boil rice. I washed the rice twice before putting it a pot. Lit the gas and place the pot on it. I brought the stew out of the fridge and placed it in sink to melt. I had stopped hearing voices in the living room, so I suspected they had left. I went there to watch some programmes on TV as I wait for the rice.
Few minutes later I was frying the plantain, when Fubi came into the kitchen with most of the things I had seen in the living room.
' How was your first day?' He asked putting the liquid soup on the sponge to wash the cups. ' Went well, I even got a tip' . I said smiling, he smiled too.
His grab on my butt made me uncomfortable. He looked like he was in his late forties or early fifties. Why would a man this old be here I wondered. I tried to move away from him, but he held my hand and blabbed something about me staying with him. I tried to smile and walk away, pleading him to let go of my hands. But his grip was tighter. I was helpless, I've never been in a situation like this.
' Get your hands of her grandpa or you'll loose it forever'. I turned to look at who had come to my rescue. ' Oh Aya, babe' The man had said pronouncing every syllables of babe. ' Don't be jealous you'll always be my number 1' he said and hiccupped in a drunk way. He said leaving my hands.
' Thank you ' I said to Aya later in the dressing room. She was wearing just a bra and pant.
' Oh, it was nothing ' she said wearing her trousers. ' He's a regular', She said referring to the man. ' Everybody call him grandpa. Heard he's an uncle gwenz'. She said wearing her top. ' He's gonna harass you till a new girl comes, so enjoy it' she said and winked.
I packed my natural hair into a higher pony and zipped my bag.
' You should make your hair' she said as a suggestion. ' I know a place, it's cheap but good. I could take you. ' She offered. ' That'll be fine' . I said looking at her as she touched up her face with powder. 'How about by 5 today, we could come to work together after that.
' where do I meet you' I asked.
' Gimme your number, I'll call you'.
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2016
I looked at the mirror not recognizing myself. God, I'm beautiful and I was noticing for the first time. After the hair do, Aya had insisted I fixed my nails. In the dressing room Aya had made me up. My eyes covered in eyeliner, my brow shaped like the Nike sign. Every roughness on my phase has been covered by different layers of powder, my lip was covered in red lipstick and looked luscious. I admired myself.
' You should get your ass out of that chair if you want to get paid'. Aya said smiling. I scrambled to my feet. ' come here' she said. I walked to her and the tied my top at my back revealing my belly. ' You have a flat belly, flaunt it' she said to me. I felt uncomfortable and I told her, but she would not let me put it down. As I walked out of the dressing room, I bumped into white beard. His eyes scrutinized me causing me to blush. ' Who are you?' he said looking at me with a smile playing on his lips. ' You look hot' he said smiling and walking away.

' Wow!' Chucks, the bartender exclaimed as I sat on the stool in front of him. ' I almost did not recognize you ' he said smiling. I spined the chair around, opening my arms and laughing. ' it's all Aya' I said. ' Then she's just wasting her talent ' He said and winked at me.
He gave me a bottle of harp and pointed towards the DJ. ' Give this to him'. I picked it from the table and went to the DJ, I called his attention, gave him the beer and walked away. I could notice his eyes on my body, so were the eyes of every other person. I felt exposed. but good.
I had changed into my trousers and hooded cloths. I stood outside the club, but inside the compound to wait for Aya. She has asked to follow me to my house since it's closer. I heard the door close behind, but I was too distracted by my thought that I didn't bother to look. I could feel the person come close to me and I thought it was Aya, so I turned around slowly. It was someone else. His big size over shadowing me, his hair was a short dreadlocks. His lips was black from cigarette smoking. I was startled by him, he held my shoulders quickly to keep me from falling, a light smile playing on his lips. He apologized and stood by my side looking in the direction I have been looking at.
' what are you looking at' he asked me not taking his eyes off that direction.
' What?' I asked confused. He looked at me not loosing the smile. ' I was watching you, you been standing here for close to 30 minutes looking at that direction' he said pointing at the direction.
' Oh, hmm...nothing' I said with a stammer. He scrutiny making me blush a little. ' I'm just waiting for my friend'. I said.
' Okay. My name is Seun'. He said stretching his arm towards me. I shook it and responded him. ' When you gave me that drink today, I knew I had to talk to you'. Then I remembered where I had seen his face, he's the DJ.
Re: Revolution by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Beautiful story dear. i'm following. let me help you call more people. cc:Angelinastto, mattkent, nobody, davidflo, bibijay, austinblinks come check this out.

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thanks swtteks
Re: Revolution by AustinBlinks(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
This is nice, very nice.

1 Like

Re: Revolution by Angelinastto(f): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
swtteks:
Beautiful story dear. i'm following. let me help you call more people. cc:Angelinastto, mattkent, nobody, davidflo, bibijay, austinblinks come check this out.
And here is Angelinastto.
Hi writter. Do not relent. Its really in you!

1 Like

Re: Revolution by Angelinastto(f): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
AustinBlinks:
This is nice, very nice.
Heard alot about your work bossman. Nice to meet you finally.

2 Likes

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
He was the first guy that had directly come to talk to me. I was happy in child like way, I was all grown up now, I thought. Aya had told me that he was known as DJ skillz and was popular in both Port Harcourt and Lagos. She said he had produced some good beats for some famous artists and because of that he doesn't really talk to anybody at the club except white beard. He also works only on weekends at the club. She said I must be special for him to have picked interest in me, since the other waiters and dancers including her have been trying to get his attention. That even made me happier. I don't work on Mondays, so when I woke up by 10, I had decided to go to the market to get what we need for the entire week. I entered the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my chest.
My phone was vibrating on the table as I came out of the bathroom. I didn't know the number but I picked anyway. The voice from the other end sounded familiar.
' remember me? Seun.' I smiled adjusting my towel on my chest. ' Oh, hi!' I said stammering. ' What will you be doing today?' he asked. ' Will be going to the market, why?'
' Why don't I pick you up, maybe we could have lunch first.' He said.
' I don't know...I also have to Cook '.
' Pls don't say no, I'd not be able to survive it.' I laughed and agreed. He had taken me to one a restaurant close to mothercat. It was nice, we had talked about everything. I told him about Fubi, my parents, and even their death. He told me about his. We laughed and joked together, he had bought food for Fubi and even followed me to the market. When he dropped me in front of my gate, he had told me how happy he was that I went out with him and kissed me on the check.
Fubi ate the food without asking any question. I resumed work again on Wednesday.

Uncle Femi had brought some cooked food for us. His wife had made it. He stayed with us for a while asking questions and trying to find out how we were doing. Ava had come over to the house too. Her tight trousers bringing out all her curves, her crop top exposed her belly button showing a ring on it. Both uncle Femi and Fubi had been briefly distracted by her loud entrance. She greeted uncle Femi casually and said hi to Fubi before sitting on the couch close to me. Uncle Femi's eyes had searched her judgmentally. His eyes rested on her belly button before looking at my face with a frown. I quickly avoided his eyes and looked at the floor. Fubi was clearly enjoying the show as there was a stupid grin on his face as he sizes Aya. There was an awkward silence in the room for some minutes.
' Where did you two meet?' Uncle Femi said directing his question to Aya.
' Work'. She had said nonchalantly flinging her hand in the air. Her beautifully painted nails facing me.
' Work?' Uncle Femi had asked surprised, ' What work?' He asked looking at me. I swallowed. I had refused to tell him, because I knew he'd disapprove. He asked again raising his voice this time.
' I took a job at a club '. I said locking his gaze. Uncle Femi's eyes shone is bewilderment. ' A club?' He asked like he hadn't heard me well. ' A club?' He asked again shouting. Fubi and Aya looked from me to uncle Femi. ' Why would you work? and a club too?' He said looking at me sternly. ' How long have you been working there?'
' About three weeks' I said.
' And you didn't see it necessary to tell me?'
' I'm sorry uncle Femi but I was avoiding this same reaction ' I said looking at him. He sat out of the couch, on the edge.
' You have enough money Belema, money that could last you and your brother a very long time'.
' I need to keep topping it uncle Femi.' I said trying to see reasons with him. ' I don't know about you but every time I remember that I have money, I also remember all the things I need that are not necessary'. I said making my point. He looked at for a while struggling with what to say next. ' Can it at least not be a club?' He begged. I sat forward too, looking directly into his eyes. ' I need you to trust me uncle Femi. I'll be fine'. He sighed and rested back on the couch.
As he was leaving he told me he didn't like Aya, said she was trouble and asked me to stay away from her.
Re: Revolution by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
sixthmars:
c'mon guys I need your comments to motivate me. plssssss embarassed
u are good bro. kip the pen rolling joor

1 Like

Re: Revolution by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hmm! nice story, i just started reading and i am so loving it already. More update pls and mention me when next u update o. joor !

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thanks guys. I appreciate
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Dedicated to Sharafawizkidayo.

I walked through the crowd towards the DJ stand. Loud music filled the room, so did smoke. I walked unconsciously to the beat of the music like I was on a catwalk. I looked directly at Seun, he was frisking his disk and laptop, one hand on his headset. His body moving rhythmically to the sound of the song. He stopped for a moment, looked up and our eyes locked, he smiled at me releasing his hand to briefly to wave at me. I waved back. I was confident, I could feel people look at me, few of them signalling me to come. I had begged Aya to make me up. She was surprised at first, but I was desperate. Seun had told me the last time we went out together that he didn't like my face au natural. He had said specifically that I wasn't ugly, but I needed to look my best at all times especially when I was with him. I had even purchased a makeup kit online. I didn't feel so exposed anymore with my short skirt and top made cropped by tying.
' Hi!' Seun had said, as I passed him the bottle of beer. ' look good, join me' he had said stretching a hand towards me. ' I don't know Seun, I'm working'
' C'mon' he said with a smug. ' Don't worry about that' , he said, his hands still stretched towards. I don't know what came over me, but I took his hand and the pulled me up to the DJ stand. He had kissed me lightly close to my mouth, and I felt shy immediately. He removed the headset from his head and pur it on my. He asked my favourite song, and when I told him he played it. The entire gesture felt nice, I was beaming brighter than a sun ray. His hands wrapped my waist, as I moved slowly to the song.
I watched white beard talking to Chucks and Chucks pointing in my direction, my heart sank but I didn't move. it was like his touch had made me immobile. White beard came close to the DJ stand and sternly ordered me to come down. I removed the headset and kept it on the table before climbing the stairs down. Seun hadn't said anything, he only smiled and continued with his DJing. Later white beard had warned me angrily never to abandon my duty post.

Aya had come to tell me that Seun needed me outside. The bright light lit up the entire dressing room. I hadn't seen him after white beard embarrassed me from his stand. I looked at myself again on the mirror, my eyes deep and intent. I pushed the chair back a little and stood up, I had change my clothes to the usual jeans and top.
The outside of the club was a little busy this time, people hung around at different spots buying suya and sharwama. I scanned the place looking for him. ' You disappeared ' Seun said startling me. ' I'm sorry, Mr Andrew needed me'. I said referring to white beard. ' Follow me'. He said heading toward the car park. I was uncomfortable because it was dark, but I followed him anyway. As we close to his car, he spun me skilfully so that my back rests on the car and kissed me on the lips. it was my first kiss. My mouth parted to give way to his tongue, I didn't know how, but I followed his rhythm. It was getting heated, I could taste him in me. I felt my stomach tighten, and sweet electric impulse down at my groin area. His body rested lightly on me, and I could literally see sparks in form of fireworks flying everywhere.
He stopped abruptly, my subconscious screamed ' No' and begged him to continue, but no word came out of my mouth. I was breathing like I had just completed a marathon. He looked into my eyes and asked me to follow him home.
Re: Revolution by AustinBlinks(m): 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
Angelinastto:
Heard alot about your work bossman. Nice to meet you finally.
Thank you miss.... Nice to meet you. Good job on your work too.
Re: Revolution by Angelinastto(f): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
AustinBlinks:

Thank you miss.... Nice to meet you. Good job on your work too.
you read? Or you are just saying?
Re: Revolution by AustinBlinks(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
Angelinastto:
you read? Or you are just saying?
Yea... I didn't finish the whole thing but what I read was awesome
Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
Dedicated to vakinola1. The very first guy to comment, thanks alot.

It taken a lot of restraint for me to refuse going with Seun. I had thought about Fubi mainly and I also needed to sleep. He had been pissed with me because of my refusal. As I made breakfast for Fubi who was in bathroom, I thought about why Seun had been so pissed. I had explained to him that I needed to see Fubi before he leaves for school, and his usual understanding self was not so understanding anymore.
I placed the food on the dinning table before going upstairs to take my bath. I made a mental note to call Seun and apologize.

The vibration from my phone woke me up, I didn't know the number so I silenced it and slept back. The phone vibrated again, the time louder than the first time. Like I was been summoned to take the call.
' Hello, I'm Mr Lucky. Is this the Kalio's resident?' The voice asked pouring out authority. He asked to speak to a guardian or parent of Fubi after I answered in the affirmative. Apparently, he was the principal or commandant of the Nigerian Navy secondary school and Fubi had been caught making out with a girl in class. How does somebody make out in class? I thought. He needed me to come to school tomorrow with Fubi to discuss about his behaviour.

Fubi has called my questions irrelevant when I asked him about the accusations. He had even tried to convince me to not join him to school tomorrow that it wasn't necessary. I dismissed his insinuations and told him I'll be home early tomorrow so I can join him to school.

I had gone earlier to the club so I could talk to Seun before it's time. He has refused to pick my calls, or return them, or replied my text messages. I saw him smoking close to his car and walked up to him. He had hugged me tight the moment he saw me like nothing happened. He complimented me and asked me to drink beer with him. I couldn't wipe the surprise off my face, although a part of me was happy that he wasn't angry anymore, another part wanted so bad to know why he hadn't picked my call, or returned them, or replied my text. And that part won.
' I've been calling you all day, you didn't pick. I even sent a text'. I said swallowing, trying hard not to push a button. ' Thought you were mad at me'. I said, making it sound more like a question. He turned to look at me, holding my gaze and said, ' I was pissed then, not so much now'. He said, holding my cheek to kiss me. Somehow that statement had made me scared.

I hurriedly took my bath, I wasn't going to eat until I come back from the school. I wore a grey coloured skirt and a black top, my black snickers tied tightly on my feet. Fubi was changing stations on the the TV when I walked in. He looked at me his mouth dropping a little. He had never seen my face all done up.
The principal, a very dark tall man sat on his desk scribbling something on a piece of paper when we walked in. He looked at us and smiled lightly before offering us a seat. He eyes sized me up and I could tell what he was thinking, just then he asked. ' Are you Fubara's sister?'
' Yes sir ', I said smiling. ' My name is Belema ' . He had looked at me again, intimidating me. ' Sorry, but if I may ask how old are you?'
' 20 sir'. I lied the smile not leaving my face. Fubi turned to look at me before shaking his head a smile playing on his lips. Trying to avoid more questions, I had quickly talked. ' I'm sorry sir about Fubara, he's usually not like that. I think the pain of loosing two parents is telling on him'. I paused, thinking briefly of my parents and how dad would have handled it if he were here. ' I'm truly sorry' . I said concluding. Then I remembered Fubi had to apologize too, so I hit him hand on the knee with mine and gave him a sign with my head. He had understood immediately and apologized too. After that the principal asked him to go to class but promised to punish he and the girl.
' Did he tell you about it?' The principal asked as Fubi walked out. I shook my head.
' it was in Economics class, the teacher had given them a class work and was going round to check. He noticed Fubi was not busy, but was normal since he's always so fast with things like that. But what had caught his attention was the girl that shares a seat with Fubi was also not writing and trust me she's not that smart'. He looked as if to figure out if I was listening. ' The teacher had come close from behind only to see her making faces. He had looked closely to notice the her skirt was moving and Fubi's had was underneath.' My mouth flung open, I was lost for words.

1 Like

Re: Revolution by sixthmars: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2016
' Why did you do it?' I asked quietly as we ate dinner. He scoffed, said nothing and continued to eat. Fubi has always been rebellious especially about school. He was gifted and he knew it. It has always been difficult convincing him to remain in school even when my parents where alive. He and dad has gotten into a lot of fracas because of this. Mom never cared, or should I say notice, she was always busy being a professor. He has done a lot a things just to get expelled, but the school always manages to retain him because according them he was special and unique. Although, he has been suspended a lot and punished too, he has never come close to expulsion.
' Why would you do that?' I asked again.
' Can we just talk about something else.' He said, throwing a tantrum.
' No Fubi ' I said leaving my spoon in the plate. ' We'll talk about this ' I exhaled, ' You could have done it after class you know?' Fubi raised his head and laughed with derision. ' I can't believe that's what you had to say' he said his eyes twinkling with scorn. ' I could have done it after class?' He scoffed, repeating my statement slowly.
' I'm sorry if you had expected me to say something else' I said drily. ' But we won't be having this discussion, and I wouldn't have gone to see your principal if had maybe done it during break' I said, a little sarcasm trailing my voice. ' So, how about next time you keep your hands to yourself and not under a girls pant' I said raising my voice. Fubi looked at me like my head has been replaced with joker's.
' You do not tell me what to do '. He said raising his voice. ' You are not dad remember?' Fubi never talks about mom. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't consider her his mother, after all he had called Fatu mom till he was five. ' You are my sister and no you are not 20 like you said' he said raising his voice. ' You are 18 and just two years older than me. So don't act like you can tell me what to do.' He left the table after that. Stomping his feet as he climbed the stairs.

I had cried for this first time that night with all my heart, all the tears that have been hiding since the first time I heard about my patents death came flooding out. I thought about dad and how he's always tried to be there for us, he was always good with Fubi. I remembered everything dad has said. Every memory I've tried to suppress came crawling out. I even missed mom. I knew she was never around, but I always knew she'd come home. I missed Fatu. Why would she ever leave us like that, she was family now. I buried my face in my bed to silent my cry, but I could still hear it loudly in the quiet night.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Day. The Worst Day Of My Life! A Short Story. / Story Pursuit Of Passion By Ayodeji Oyekanmi / Please I Need Help Getting These Books. (yoruba Literature)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.