Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,760 members, 7,837,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Viaro Bares It All - His views on Religion. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Viaro Bares It All - His views on Religion. (3452 Views)

Why Atheist Are Always Found On Religion Section / Who Are The Most Annoying, Funny And Friendly Persons On Religion Section? / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Viaro Bares It All - His views on Religion. by viaro: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2009
mazaje:

No problelm at all. . . . .I shouldn't be asking you this because you werent the one that brought it up (davidylan brought it up). . . but I will still go ahead and ask you. . .

You accept that matthew wrote the gospel based on. . . . . . . . . . . ?

The tradition for authorship which began with papis or some other evidence you have to point to authorship outside of papias? I just want to know your position on that. . .

^^ Certainly it's a brilliant question to ask, mazaje. Although I do not force any assertions about Matthew's authorship of the Gospel that bears his name, I simply accept it as being so. On what grounds? Partly on textual criticism, and partly on general consensus. Of course, people may disagree one way or another (and I've tried to understand some of these disagreements, like the ones you raised against davidylan); but be that as it may, I don't think that the particular identity of its author is critical to my faith and commitment to Christ.
Re: Viaro Bares It All - His views on Religion. by mazaje(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2009
viaro:

^^ Certainly it's a brilliant question to ask, mazaje. Although I do not force any assertions about Matthew's authorship of the Gospel that bears his name, I simply accept it as being so. On what grounds? Partly on textual criticism, and partly on general consensus. Of course, people may disagree one way or another (and I've tried to understand some of these disagreements, like the ones you raised against davidylan); but be that as it may, I don't think that the particular identity of its author is critical to my faith and commitment to Christ.

OK, fair enough. . . . . wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children Church Bombed By Boko Hara,m!!! / Does Polytheism Enable Equality? / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.