Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? (4060 Views)

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Fake Atheism And Fake Followership. Judge Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

http://grammarist.com/usage/agnostic-atheist/
Aren't you seeing this?? In the link, they defined agnostic and atheist. Now think of an agnostic atheist as an agnostic who leans towards the atheistic side. Simple.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You just broke it down to the absolute elementary level.

Exactly bro ! I don't think it can go beyond this .
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by justlove91(m): 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[/b]

Seun you are talking from both sides of your mouth here.

Are you Agnostic? If you say you are then why are you always emphatic about your atheism and its lack of belief in God or gods?

An atheist lacks faith in God, believes there is no god, or lacks awareness of gods. An agnostic either believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a god or is noncommittal on the issue. The difference may seem small, but atheism and agnosticism are actually vastly different worldviews.

This is the true description of Atheism and Agnosticism. So which are you?

I think you're mixing belief and truth together and not only you, I see must people doing that. Belief is just an opinion which could be true or not, when one is cognizant of this fact one will be more open minded with his believes knowing fully well that the belief may be wrong.
This is actually what brings about the position of agnostic atheism. It means that Even though I belief there is no God, am aware of the fact that it is only a belief and not necessarily the truth and I may be wrong.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog
naijadeyhia

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence" ), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proved false (or vice versa i.e asserting that a proposition is false because it is yet to be proven true).

Agnostic atheism does not assert that the proposition is false, it only doubts the validity of such proposition, and speculates that it might be invalid without asserting anything.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:
KingEbukasBlog
naijadeyhia

Agnostic atheism does not assert that the proposition is false, it only doubts the validity of such proposition, and speculates that it might be invalid without asserting anything.

If the validity is in doubt this means its falsehood. You cannot have two extremes side by side. They seem similar but are indeed very dfferent. For an Agnostic he is set on self denial and no matter the proof you present it would be denied as proof was not even his concern in the first place. This s why lots of you are confused here on NL. Many do not even know where they lean so just follow the crowd or other Atheists they look up to.

Sit down and read the descriptions again and again till you get it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
justlove91:

I think you're mixing belief and truth together and not only you, I see must people doing that. Belief is just an opinion which could be true or not, when one is cognizant of this fact one will be more open minded with his believes knowing fully well that the belief may be wrong.
This is actually what brings about the position of agnostic atheism. It means that Even though I belief there is no God, am aware of the fact that it is only a belief and not necessarily the truth and I may be wrong.

No i am not. Atheism or Agnosticism is not even meant to fall under a definition as its too divergent. Its actually a description. A description can only be given when there are certain characteristics and those Characteristics are based on what the individual wants and is comfortable with as an Atheist or an Agnostic. Its like saying you can walk when you put both feet into one shoe. its not possible.

Both cannot stand side by side and claim they are the same. Right application is everything bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by raphieMontella: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I guess you missed the essence of the site. Let me post it again

http://grammarist.com/usage/agnostic-atheist/

Note it begins with Grammarist? This is right application for words based on their meaning. Definition isnt enough...Application of definition is everything.

Applying Agnostic Atheism side by side is a fallacy. Its not hard to understand.
can a person be spiritual and not religious?
Yes?
(an offshore tho)
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If the validity is in doubt this means its falsehood. You cannot have two extremes side by side. They seem similar but are indeed very dfferent. For an Agnostic he is set on self denial and no matter the proof you present it would be denied as proof was not even his concern in the first place. This s why lots of you are confused here on NL. Many do not even know where they lean so just follow the crowd or other Atheists they look up to.

Sit down and read the descriptions again and again till you get it.
Actually, I think you should. This post shows that you completely lack an understanding of the definitions. I can't continue to repeat myself. Going by the definition of an appeal to ignorance, if you don't understand what I've been saying then there's nothing I can do. You're known for not even taking a moment to digest anything that doesn't fit your agenda, see the way you were attacking me when you thought I was an atheist. So, you can continue to wallow in your ignorance or actually take a moment to understand what is being said here.

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-fallacies-or-problems-in-saying-you-are-an-Agnostic-and-an-Atheist

Once again, here is reading material from a theist to help you understand how it isn't illogical.

There's a big difference between finding an explanation unconvincing and therefore doubting the idea, and rejecting an idea completely/asserting that it's false because there is no convincing explanation.

But once again, I know you skimmed through this and didn't read it.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

can a person be spiritual and not religious?
Yes?
(an offshore tho)

A person cannot be Religious and spiritual at the same time. Religion is rated this way...

Man to God

Spiritual is rated this way

God to Man

Being Religious does not make one spiritual and being spiritual CANNOT make one Religious.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me anymore. No hard feelings, it's just tiring typing the same thing over and over again in different forms.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

That decision was made because the evidence was not convincing enough.

Something is an appeal to ignorance when you affrimatively hold an opposing position on something because you don't have proof.

It is not an appeal to ignorance when you speculate based on the available proof and choose one side. Speculations are NOT illogical. I keep repeating this.

I'm tired abeg . Lol even sef I did not even check the internet to assume this position , I discovered it on my own . And on the day I discovered it I alerted CoolUsername . And look at other people on the internet making the same observation , something is definitely not right .

It is wrong to separate their definitions and treat them exclusively , if you merge the two together there is a new concept all together which is an appeal to ignorance fallacy .

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Actually, I think you should. This post shows that you completely lack an understanding of the definitions. I can't continue to repeat myself. Going by the definition of an appeal to ignorance, if you don't understand what I've been saying then there's nothing I can do. You're known for not even taking a moment to digest anything that doesn't fit your agenda, see the way you were attacking me when you thought I was an atheist. So, you can continue to wallow in your ignorance or actually take a moment to understand what is being said here.

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-fallacies-or-problems-in-saying-you-are-an-Agnostic-and-an-Atheist

Once again, here is reading material from a theist to help you understand how it isn't illogical.

There's a big difference between finding an explanation unconvincing and therefore doubting the idea, and rejecting an idea completely/asserting that it's false because there is no convincing explanation.

But once again, I know you skimmed through this and didn't read it.

I didnt read it and honestly its not that technical not to understand. Definitions can only be properly represented when applied correctly. You cannot apply them together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm tired abeg . Lol even sef I did not even check the internet to assume this position , I discovered it on my own . And on the day I discovered it I alerted CoolUsername . And look at other people on the internet making the same observation , something is definitely not right .

It is wrong to separate their definitions and treat them exclusively , if you merge the two together there is a new concept all together which is an appeal to ignorance fallacy .
What are you saying?? You're the one separating them, not me. My goodness. YOU'RE the one separating the definition of atheistic and agnostic. The definition I gave you from urban dictionary merges them together as opposed to the definition from Wikipedia which separates them(YOUR DEFINITION) and going by the definition of an appeal to ignorance, it isn't. I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote me anymore. No hard feelings. Thanks.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by raphieMontella: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

No i am not. Atheism or Agnosticism is not even meant to fall under a definition as its too divergent. Its actually a description. A description can only be given when there are certain characteristics and those Characteristics are based on what the individual wants and is comfortable with as an Atheist or an Agnostic. Its like saying you can walk when you put both feet into one shoe. its not possible.

Both cannot stand side by side and claim they are the same. Right application is everything bro
@the bolded...
In hinduism..
Some versions of hinduism are atheistic/non-theistic and some versions of theistic..
Would you also call this illogical?
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

@the bolded...
In hinduism..
Some versions of hinduism are atheistic/non-theistic and some versions of theistic..
Would you also call this illogical?

Read again

An atheist lacks faith in God, believes there is no god, or lacks awareness of gods. An agnostic either believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a god or is noncommittal on the issue. The difference may seem small, but atheism and agnosticism are actually vastly different worldviews. To claim there is no point in trying to prove or disprove God’s existence (as many philosophers have done) is to acknowledge the limits of human perception. To take the bold stance that there definitely is no god (as a few philosophers have done) implies that human perception is not so limited and that we can make such claims about the universe. These positions (as well as the position that God does exist) give rise to fundamentally disparate philosophies.

Atheist is generally confined to this nonbelief-related sense, but agnostic has another definition—namely, one who is doubtful or noncommittal. It also serves as an adjective meaning doubtful or noncommittal.
Atheists and agnostics are often lumped together as one group—namely, those who lack faith in a god—but it’s important to remember that these terms, especially agnostic, cover a broad spectrum of views. And the terms do not necessarily imply irreligion. Some Buddhists, for example, are atheists, and there is a strong tradition of agnostic thought in Hinduism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by raphieMontella: 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

A person cannot be Religious and spiritual at the same time. Religion is rated this way...

Man to God

God to Man

Being Religious does not make one spiritual and being spiritual CANNOT make one Religious.
but a person can be both at the same time right?
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

but a person can be both at the same time right?

Read my comment again

Man to God

God to Man

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

That decision was made because the evidence was not convincing enough.

Something is an appeal to ignorance when you affrimatively hold an opposing position on something because you don't have proof.

It is not an appeal to ignorance when you speculate based on the available proof and choose one side. Speculations are NOT illogical. I keep repeating this.

Your definition : Agnostic Atheist is person who holds the view that the existence of a deity [size=15pt]cannot[/size] be proven nor disproven, but personally leans towards the idea of there not being one.

Isn't the enlarged text an affirmation ?

And I thought "may not" or "probably" shows uncertainty

So its since God can't be proven or disproven , I'll go with God cannot exist - this is a glaring appeal to ignorance fallacy .
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by raphieMontella: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Read my comment again

[b]A person cannot be Religious and spiritual at the same time. Religion is rated this way...

Man to God

God to Man

Being Religious does not make one spiritual and being spiritual CANNOT make one Religious.[/b
sorry..didnt read it well the first time

i dont think the dictionary agrees with you..
A person can be religious and spiritual...
Spiritual in the sense of an incorperal spirit of man that does not return or something to a transcendent being and religious in the sense of a set of beliefs and practices...
Just like in some versions of hinduism..etc
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your definition : Agnostic Atheist is person who holds the view that the existence of a deity [size=15pt]cannot[/size] be proven nor disproven, but personally leans towards the idea of there not being one.

Isn't the enlarged text an affirmation ?

And I thought "may not" or "probably" shows uncertainty

So its since God can't be proven or disproven , I'll go with God cannot exist - this is a glaring appeal to ignorance fallacy .
The affirmation is not that a god does not exist. The affirmation is that there can't be sufficient evidence to prove whether or not the god exists.
The person leans towards the idea that a god does not exist, the person does not affirm that a god does not exist.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by raphieMontella: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Read again

An atheist lacks faith in God, believes there is no god, or lacks awareness of gods. An agnostic either believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a god or is noncommittal on the issue. The difference may seem small, but atheism and agnosticism are actually vastly different worldviews. To claim there is no point in trying to prove or disprove God’s existence (as many philosophers have done) is to acknowledge the limits of human perception. To take the bold stance that there definitely is no god (as a few philosophers have done) implies that human perception is not so limited and that we can make such claims about the universe. These positions (as well as the position that God does exist) give rise to fundamentally disparate philosophies.

Atheist is generally confined to this nonbelief-related sense, but agnostic has another definition—namely, one who is doubtful or noncommittal. It also serves as an adjective meaning doubtful or noncommittal.
Atheists and agnostics are often lumped together as one group—namely, those who lack faith in a god—but it’s important to remember that these terms, especially agnostic, cover a broad spectrum of views. And the terms do not necessarily imply irreligion. Some Buddhists, for example, are atheists, and there is a strong tradition of agnostic thought in Hinduism.
so in essence...you're saying: atheistic hinduism and theistic hinduism can exist together without being illogical?

dont you think ''lack of belief'' covers a wide range?
2)is lack of belief not related to doubt?
You defined agnostics as doubtful...
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

sorry..didnt read it well the first time

i dont think the dictionary agrees with you..
A person can be religious and spiritual...
Spiritual in the sense of an incorperal spirit of man that does not return or something to a transcendent being and religious in the sense of a set of beliefs and practices...
Just like in some versions of hinduism..etc

This is where we differ. Dictionaries cannot define descriptions aptly as descriptions are experiences borne out of choices. They can try to define but those the definitions are directed at know better. Case in point is this argument we are having here regarding agnostic atheism.

Your idea of Spiritual is not mine. My idea of spiritual is walking with God based on His terms and not mine so i cannot be Religious at the same time as being spiritual especially since i have submitted myself to the dictates of God.

Being Religious is a set of practices which often times cannot be broken but being spiritual is not bound by rules of Religion so both in truth cannot stand side by side.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

so in essence...you're saying: atheistic hinduism and theistic hinduism can exist together without being illogical?

dont you think ''lack of belief'' covers a wide range?
2)is lack of belief not related to doubt?
You defined agnostics as doubtful...

Lack of belief is not doubt. You can tell me something which is contrary to my spiritual beliefs and i will deny them...That is a lack of belief.

This is different from doubt! Doubt is being skeptical or not having the sufficient desire to believe. That is what agnosticism is. Having absolutely no desire to believe since no evidence can ever be enough.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
Seun:
I disagree with that source. Don't you think a dictionary would be a better source for finding out what a word means than some random website?
sir please consider this for front page
www.nairaland.com/3479796/nairaland-poll-want-gej-back
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Kalatium(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Lack of belief is not doubt. You can tell me something which is contrary to my spiritual beliefs and i will deny them...That is a lack of belief.

This is different from doubt! Doubt is being skeptical or not having the sufficient desire to believe. That is what agnosticism is. Having absolutely no desire to believe since no evidence can ever be enough.
If I get you correctly, Agnosticism is being skeptical(doubt) and not lack of believe.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Kalatium(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Question :
If atheism is just disbelief in gods, then what's the difference between that and agnosticism?

Answering these questions is not as easy as it seems in fact it is a deep philosophical question

This response may help:
Many people who adopt the label of agnostic also simultaneously reject the label of atheist, even if it technically applies to them. There is a common misconception that agnosticism is somehow a more “reasonable” position while atheism is more “dogmatic,” ultimately indistinguishable from theism except in the details.

This is not a valid position to argue for because it misrepresents or misunderstands everything involved: atheism, theism, agnosticism, and even the nature of belief itself. It also happens to reinforce popular prejudice against atheists .

Agnostic Atheism & Agnostic Theism
The primary reason atheists are thought to be closed-minded seems to be the belief that atheism requires a dogmatic, unthinking denial of the existence of gods. In contrast, agnostics appear to be open-minded because they admit to not knowing for sure if any gods exist or not.
See Also: What is Agnosticism? A Short Explanation
This is a mistake because atheism is not defined in that manner; on the contrary, an atheist may not necessarily deny any gods and may in fact be an atheist precisely because they do not know for sure if any gods exist — in other words, they may be an agnostic as well as an atheist.
Once it is understood that atheism is merely the absence of belief in any gods, it becomes clear that agnosticism is not, as many assume, a “third way” between atheism and theism. The presence of a belief in a god and the absence of a belief in a god exhaust all of the possibilities.

Agnosticism is not about belief in god but about knowledge — it was coined originally to describe the position of a person who could not claim to know for sure if any gods exist or not, not to describe someone who somehow found an alternative between the presence and absence of some particular belief.
It should therefore be clear that agnosticism is compatible with both theism and atheism . A person can believe in a god (theism) without claiming to know for sure if that god exists; the result is agnostic theism. A person who believes in a god while insisting that they know for sure that their god exists would be a gnostic theist. On the other hand, a person can disbelieve in God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by ScienceWatch: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists in Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater WORKS than these shall you do; because I go unto my Father.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff. Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
Jesus say clearly in these biblical refs that these WORKS that he does bear witness that the Father has sent him.
Kalatium:
To understand these concepts let's first define them

Atheism can be defined both narrowly and broadly.

1.(narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).
2.(broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).

Agnosticism : The view that the existence of God or of all deities is unknown, unknowable,unproven, or unprovable.

Theist believes that God exist with evidences from their religious text whereas Atheist believe that logic and rational thinking (and even evidence from science shows no proof of God existence.
The truth is that science cannot prove or disprove God existence. The existence of deities is unknown. Seeing this, the agnostics are more correct than the atheist.
Therefore to me, Agnostics are way better than atheist.

What's your view on this, anything contrary?
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
Mat 9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
Mat 9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
Mat 9:34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by ScienceWatch: 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gods miracle healings in the Holy Scoan Church have no negative side effects.
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge!

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua freely gives evidence of scientific medically verifiable truth in the church and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs per day, 7 days per week.
Not that medical science can ever be the judge here, as history sadly proves. Science is entrenched in materialism, GOD IS SPIRIT.
In the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria, people of many different religions and belief systems from all over the world are healed and delivered from demonic possession completely and then is often verified by a lower role player known as medical science.

The abundance of live testimonies is breath-taking. The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge !
donnffd:

You also forgot to group the types of agnostics

Strong agnosticism (also called "hard", "closed", "strict", or "permanent agnosticism"wink:

The view that the question of the existence or nonexistence of a deity or deities, and the nature of ultimate reality is unknowable by reason of our natural inability to verify any experience with anything but another subjective experience. A strong agnostic would say, "I cannot know whether a deity exists or not, and neither can you."

Weak agnosticism (also called "soft", "open", "empirical", or "temporal agnosticism"wink:

The view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable; therefore, one will withhold judgment until evidence, if any, becomes available. A weak agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybe one day, if there is evidence, we can find something out."

Apathetic agnosticism:

The view that no amount of debate can prove or disprove the existence of one or more deities, and if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little to no impact on personal human affairs and should be of little interest.

NB: Most atheists i know fall into the weak agnosticism...
Remember how the Jews rejected the scientific verifiable evidence freely available to them. Miracle, Prophecy, Signs And Wonders are Gods way of providing evidence of his love through one man, Jesus Christ and His anointed Pastors/Priests/Prophets. Without this anointing, Pastors are not recognized in heaven. They are fake !
If you love Jesus Christ, remember to block this evil facebook pages; https://web.facebook.com/tbjoshuawatch, AND https://web.facebook.com/tbjoshuafalsoprofeta/ to block the page click on “more” then click on ‘block” . Soon this harmful page will only serve the needs of satanic worshipers.

TODAY JESUS CHRIST THE MESSIAH IS STILL ON TRIAL ! The Jews, Muslims and even fake Christians are ready to crucify Him. Just like the Jewish church leaders deceived their congregations, Christian church leaders world wide are deceiving their congregations. THATS WHY THERE IS NO MIRACLE, SIGNS AND WONDERS.

See the miraculous power of Jesus Christ in action. All this was first for the Jews !
Scoan Church Nigeria’s power with the holy Prophet TB Joshua is unstoppable !!
He is just the greatest living and verifiable prophet on earth now.
Scoan Church Nigeria was personally examined by the following highly respected persons;
1) PROMINENT DUTCH THEOLOGIAN PROFESSOR WILLEM J. OUWENEEL ABOUT PROPHET T.B. JOSHUA AND THE SCOAN, LAGOS, NIGERIA. Professor Ouweneel holds doctorates in biology (Utrecht), philosophy (Amsterdam) and theology (Bloemfontein, RSA).
He concluded that his experience at Scoan was awesome.

2) Renowned global evangelist, P.S. Upthegrove’s who had successfully pastored AA Allen’s church as a minister.
He concluded that he was on Holy ground at Scoan.
He recounted how seeing such power demonstrated reminded him of all he had witnessed through ministers of God such as Oral Roberts, AA Allen, William Branham and RW Shambach who he had the privilege to work with and know personally.

3) Group from New Zealand:
Among our group there were three senior pastors, two evangelists and two men leading major Christian work in New Zealand. Between us we had 180 years of ministry.
Our conclusion was that this is truly a work of God.

4) The Religious Monitoring Group have investigated Joshua and the Synagogue, Church of All Nations and have concluded that he is a man of God.

5) God only reveals His top secrets to those He loves. He revealed the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to Prophet Isaiah. In the same vein, Jesus Christ revealed who Prophet TB Joshua is to His beloved servant, late Prophet (Dr.) Akin Adewole, shepherd of the Celestial Church of Christ, Opopo Igbala Parish, Ikola Road, Ipaja, Lagos sometime in 1995.
He concluded that TB Joshua is a Prophet of God.

Only an insane or demon possessed person will even attempt to argue with truth that can also be scientifically verified. Although God don’t need science to make Himself known.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Kalatium(m): 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists in Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater WORKS than these shall you do; because I go unto my Father.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff. Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
Jesus say clearly in these biblical refs that these WORKS that he does bear witness that the Father has sent him.
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
Mat 9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
Mat 9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
Mat 9:34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Are you for real... How does your comments relate to the topic.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by ScienceWatch: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
See the miraculous power of Jesus Christ in action. All this was first for the Jews !
Scoan Church Nigeria was personally examined by the following highly respected persons;
1) PROMINENT DUTCH THEOLOGIAN PROFESSOR WILLEM J. OUWENEEL ABOUT PROPHET T.B. JOSHUA AND THE SCOAN, LAGOS, NIGERIA. Professor Ouweneel holds doctorates in biology (Utrecht), philosophy (Amsterdam) and theology (Bloemfontein, RSA).

2) Renowned global evangelist, P.S. Upthegrove’s who had successfully pastored AA Allen’s church as a minister.
He recounted how seeing such power demonstrated reminded him of all he had witnessed through ministers of God such as Oral Roberts, AA Allen, William Branham and RW Shambach who he had the privilege to work with and know personally.

Among our group there were three senior pastors, two evangelists and two men leading major Christian work in New Zealand. Between us we had 180 years of ministry.

4) The Religious Monitoring Group have investigated Joshua and the Synagogue, Church of All Nations and have concluded that he is a man of God.

5) God only reveals His top secrets to those He loves. He revealed the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to Prophet Isaiah. In the same vein, Jesus Christ revealed who Prophet TB Joshua is to His beloved servant, late Prophet (Dr.) Akin Adewole, shepherd of the Celestial Church of Christ, Opopo Igbala Parish, Ikola Road, Ipaja, Lagos sometime in 1995.

Only an insane or demon possessed person will even attempt to argue with truth that can also be scientifically verified. Although God don’t need science to make Himself known.

Another unique aspect of God’s Renowned global evangelist, P.S. Upthegrove’s message has to do with his God given revelation that Prophet T.B.Joshua is one of the twelve end-time prophets in the world.
naijadeyhia:
[/b]

Seun you are talking from both sides of your mouth here.

Are you Agnostic? If you say you are then why are you always emphatic about your atheism and its lack of belief in God or gods?

An atheist lacks faith in God, believes there is no god, or lacks awareness of gods. An agnostic either believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a god or is noncommittal on the issue. The difference may seem small, but atheism and agnosticism are actually vastly different worldviews.

This is the true description of Atheism and Agnosticism. So which are you?

THE JEWS REJECTED JESUS CHRIST. NIGERIANS DON’T REJECT THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SCOAN NIGERIA.

There are dramatic changes taking place in the religious world right now as demonstrated at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.
There is a ferocious battle from religious leaders to force their congregations to be loyal to them, but they are failing. There can be no more tragic expression of human foolishness and perversity than the Jews rejection of The Messiah and the Pentecostal PNF rejection of the Holy Prophet TB Joshua.

The majority is experiencing an awaking from blind loyalty to loyalty to the whole truth of Jesus and His promises.
Many church goers are not witnessing the life of the WORD in their churches as shown in the Holy Scoan Church, which says 'I came to make all things new." Come to me all you that are burdened and I will make it light."
It is written “The WORD became flesh and made His dwelling amongst us.” Meaning Jesus is living amongst us, as demonstrated so powerfully in the holy Scoan Church Nigeria.

This statement to the world is the most significant and memorable ever written.
Its implications are unlimited. This is the key to the understanding of the mystery of Jesus Christ. Scoan Church Nigeria demonstrates with mind-blowing verifiable evidence that Jesus Christ is the Word and the Word has miraculous power.
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by Kalatium(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2016
ScienceWatch:

Another unique aspect of God’s Renowned global evangelist, P.S. Upthegrove’s message has to do with his God given revelation that Prophet T.B.Joshua is one of the twelve end-time prophets in the world.
THE JEWS REJECTED JESUS CHRIST. NIGERIANS DON’T REJECT THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SCOAN NIGERIA.

There are dramatic changes taking place in the religious world right now as demonstrated at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.
There is a ferocious battle from religious leaders to force their congregations to be loyal to them, but they are failing. There can be no more tragic expression of human foolishness and perversity than the Jews rejection of The Messiah and the Pentecostal PNF rejection of the Holy Prophet TB Joshua.

The majority is experiencing an awaking from blind loyalty to loyalty to the whole truth of Jesus and His promises.
Many church goers are not witnessing the life of the WORD in their churches as shown in the Holy Scoan Church, which says 'I came to make all things new." Come to me all you that are burdened and I will make it light."
It is written “The WORD became flesh and made His dwelling amongst us.” Meaning Jesus is living amongst us, as demonstrated so powerfully in the holy Scoan Church Nigeria.

This statement to the world is the most significant and memorable ever written.
Its implications are unlimited. This is the key to the understanding of the mystery of Jesus Christ. Scoan Church Nigeria demonstrates with mind-blowing verifiable evidence that Jesus Christ is the Word and the Word has miraculous power.
Why repeating your post up to 3 times
Re: Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? by jonbellion(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kalatium:

Why repeating your post up to 3 times
he is obviously a malfunctioning robot of some sort

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Odumeje-indabosky" -A Disgrace To Christianity / Pastor Kumuyi Does Not Recognize 'prophetess' Who Visited Heaven, Hell And Came / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Begins Multi-billion Naira Church Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.