Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,709 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker (751 Views)

After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) / Couple Who Met In NYSC Camp Share Their Love Story With Lovely Family Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker by PMIcon(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2016

A True Inspirational Story
The challenges of life comes sometimes so heavy that they appear deceptively insurmountable at the moment except a life goes for it.

Such was the situation with a woman who visited her Doctor somewhere in Lagos.
The family was in a financial mess when she realized she was pregnant again. They were not prepared for raising another child with the situation of their finances.

After consideration, the woman decided to abort the child. She asked to see one of the Doctors in her regular hospital and she spoke to him about why she really needed to abort that pregnancy.

The Doctor understood her struggles but he was not only bound by the law not to conduct such a procedure except in situations when it is meant to preserve the woman's life, something else was real to him too.

"Woman, I understand that things are difficult now," the Doctor replied, "but you still have time to make better choices that will change your family finances. That's what I want to advise you to focus on: 'How can we improve the situation before the baby comes?'

"The law indeed makes abortion illegal under the circumstance you've described but even if it were legal, there is another reason I will rather not agree to do it for you.
The reason I have lived to help so many people today and brought joy to many is because my parents spared me.

They were not ready to have another baby too and were disturbed when mum realized she was pregnant. They also went to see a Doctor they had known in the hospital. The Doctor encouraged them not to abort the pregnancy. That's why you can talk to me today."

www.House-Era.com

YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO COPY & PASTE AND SHARE
Re: A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker by PMIcon(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ishilove
Lalasticlacla
Re: A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker by EHI9ICE(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Cool story.

1 Like

Re: A Doctor Shares His Story With An Abortion Seeker by SweetyZinta(f): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

the Doctor is a Jester but the Woman is a Clown

(1) (Reply)

When Doing Good Turns Bad / Your Values: Your Value / Are You A Wife Whose Sex Life Needs Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.