Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) (36244 Views)

D’banj Signs Deal With Sony Music Africa - Photos / Ycee Parts Way With Sony Music Africa / Tekno Signs Record Deal With Sony Music World [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by marquay: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Everyone wants a share of the dollar... so when Sony comes knocking they rush in (including their label owners).
Sony is snapping up our talents and flavours and reshaping them to conform to their own culture ( Davido had to go reggae on "gbagbe oshi", Tiwa now wears sheer clothes on stage after 1 child, Wizkid going hard on the drugs now). Our Label CEOs are been swallowed up by these international music companies under some "terms and conditions", and the bulk of the profits from the tours go to Sony.
Its good our music is creating international appeal though and goodluck on the new deals.

PS: don't reply my posts with "who you epp" kind of comments or "money is all that matters".
who you epp? undecided
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by inventor432(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
Congrat Mr cassava
It's your time and you shall reign

Baba God blessing no go pass me by e go bless me so Tey dem go ask you Y only bad belle pple dem go pass me by

BLACK magic over to you
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Everyone wants a share of the dollar... so when Sony comes knocking they rush in (including their label owners).
Sony is snapping up our talents and flavours and reshaping them to conform to their own culture ( Davido had to go reggae on "gbagbe oshi", Tiwa now wears sheer clothes on stage after 1 child, Wizkid going hard on the drugs now). Our Label CEOs are been swallowed up by these international music companies under some "terms and conditions", and the bulk of the profits from the tours go to Sony.
Its good our music is creating international appeal though and goodluck on the new deals.

PS: don't reply my posts with "who you epp" kind of comments or "money is all that matters".

Tiwa has been wearing trash even before Sony, so?

Only thing I agree with is that Davido's music has been substandard, he's forcing a style that simply isn't his. The track he did with Nasty C " Coolest Kids in Africa" is straight trash.

In their quest to go international, they lose the one thing that appealed to the fans who gave them that platform. I just hope Tekno doesn't lose his, thank God he's a producer himself, so he knows what can suit him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by passyhansome(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by ekanDamie: 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
mtcheww belw average performer/ Singer.
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
And Headies Ignorantly Nominated this Talent as NEXT RATED ...
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by femi4: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Who our culture EPP...Owo ni koko, ma lo nagere

1 Like

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by victorazy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
"Forget illuminati" don't u hear about MJ & Sony music saga? U think they never hear ur music? U don enter sha.
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by MrCounselor: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
seen
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Congratulation Alhaji T.

Tekno Fans will be like

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
Iyanya be like. Iyalaya Tekno for stealing my shine.

3 Likes

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
safarigirl:

Tiwa has been wearing trash even before Sony, so?

Only thing I agree with is that Davido's music has been substandard, he's forcing a style that simply isn't his. The track he did with Nasty C " Coolest Kids in Africa" is straight trash.

In their quest to go international, they lose the one thing that appealed to the fans who gave them that platform. I just hope Tekno doesn't lose his, thank God he's a producer himself, so he knows what can suit him

Lol... you're wicked o... see as you called Tiwa's clothes trash.
But it's kind of a "rape" of our pop stars. Wizkid even had to take a foreign girl

Dbanj couldn't keep up with them... he had to drop out. 2baba didn't even join the band wagon... same as psquare, keeping it real. Baddo still repping the streetz too
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Baroba(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Paul Paulo Okoye making big money cutting big deals, knew this guy when he was hustling back in Jand.. Jesus bless my hustle ooo.. grin congrats Tecno
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Donbabajay12:
And Headies Ignorantly Nominated this Talent as NEXT RATED ...

They already explained why he fell under that category.
It's not their fault that he has no studio album to his credit

2 Likes

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by JimD(m): 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
ILLUMINATI DEAL. Signed in blood.
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by ipledge10(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's nairabet deal... what is soccer ball and osholala portrait doing at Sony music

3 Likes

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by ipledge10(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
trendyrammy:
Rumour had it early last Month that Pana crooner Tekno is been signed to Sony Music worldwide. Well, it's been said that there is always an atom of truth in any rumour.
Rave of the moment, Tekno has just signed and dusted the deal, in attendance was his boss Ubi Franklin. Congrats to Tekno and also congrats to his record label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwRzRtY50ZM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.trendyrammy.com.ng/2016/11/singer-tekno-finally-signs-his-deal.html
This is not Sony deal. Stop misleading people
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Lol... you're wicked o... see as you called Tiwa's clothes trash.
But it's kind of a "rape" of our pop stars. Wizkid even had to take a foreign girl

Dbanj couldn't keep up with them... he had to drop out. 2baba didn't even join the band wagon... same as psquare, keeping it real. Baddo still repping the streetz too

It's the kids who sell out, small boys that blew 2010 and above.

The real OG's know what's up, Jazzy tried to hold D'banj, but dude got carried away and forgot to ask Banky what chased him out of jand to do music in naija

7 Likes

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by AkupeMBANO(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
so davido can let someone hear word.
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Pritypussi(f): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Tekno am sexier than Genevieve
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
this Sony deal is becoming useless . am sure he didn't even read the terms and conditions.after signing the deal, to release album go be problem , abegi all Na wash
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by discman2k2(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Linqsz:
Check my signature and come onboard let's earn money weekly.

Dude, does Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia or Buhari know you? If u know how to teach person to make money, them for don know u. 41......9!!! mmm even better pass u!!!
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
ipledge10:
That's nairabet deal... what is soccer ball and osholala portrait doing at Sony music

hahahahahaha even nairabet n oshoala dey Sony panel...
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
Smartlife:
I keep telling my friends last year that Tekno will be bigger than kiss Daniel and koredo bello joined together. i remembered how sound city back then don't even consider him in the top hot music with their yeye unprofessional debate. Those guys will be singing what we will get fed off easily but tekno of a guy reminds me of when psquare where hot as of 2003. Tekno will continue to rain for years but you might want to find his mates and won't see them in some years time making hits.... Congratulations Alhaji Tekno... I love your energy and hardwork. It inspires me.

korede bello is out of the picture...
kiss Daniel gat better songs, lyrics and versatility than him. tekno Na beat and zero lyrics n DT wat we wana hear. signing deal don't make him better...

6 Likes

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
safarigirl:

It's the kids who sell out, small boys that blew 2010 and above.

The real OG's know what's up, Jazzy tried to hold D'banj, but dude got carried away and forgot to ask Banky what chased him out of jand to do music in naija

You have a way throwing subtle shade... smiley
They want to be international stars...forgetting that they have to start again from the scratch over there.
Davido had to admit it felt embarrassing to be introducing himself over and over in every interview he went there...made him feel like an upcoming act

1 Like

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
paradigmshift:

korede bello is out of the picture...
kiss Daniel gat better songs, lyrics and versatility than him. tekno Na beat and zero lyrics n DT wat we wana hear. signing deal don't make him better...
So korede Bello has not lyrics? Really?
Heard his track with Asa?
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by biggy26: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Well said. The observant are still few. They Will all soon realize that money isn't everything. Ask Patra.

1 Like

Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Is this not the same label Michael Jackson complained of?
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by Samzyarmani(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
see wah d village boy have done...dz boy keeps going higher
Re: Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

You have a way throwing subtle shade... smiley
They want to be international stars...forgetting that they have to start again from the scratch over there.
Davido had to admit it felt embarrassing to be introducing himself over and over in every interview he went there...made him feel like an upcoming act
He's upcoming to them

You don't need a Sony Music deal to be big, Angelique Kidjo doesn't have one, Hugh Masekela never had any, Youssou N'dour had none.

These kids need to ask their seniors why they stuck to Africa.

This Davido's new album is arguably the worst in his career, just disappointing

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Am Done Having Babies" - Annie Idibia Says As She Gushes Over A Baby / Niyola Sexy In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Nipsey Hussle Shot Dead In Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.