Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You (1650 Views)

Tyre Pressure Advice Photo Included / Abuja Seller:handheld Scanner,portable Car Vacuum And Digital Tyre Pressure Guag / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by opson2016(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2016
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL VEHICLE USERS!

Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put too much pressure in our tyres.

How did I know?

I was preparing for a journey, I changed some of my
tyres and I asked the vulcanizer that 'what is the
recommended tyre pressure?'

He said 50. I said alright, he should inflate it to 50 all round.

When I got to where I was going, I was discussing with
some people on the issue of the minister that died on
the road due to a burst tyre and wonder what could
have happened because nobody could imagine a
minister would be travelling with expired tyres as many would think is the major cause of tyre bursts.

A man (lived in US for many years) said that the major
cause of tyre burst in Nigeria is that we put too much
pressure in our tyres and that each car has recommended tyre size and pressure clearly written on it by the manufacturer.

*I was surprised and begged him to come and show me where it's written on my car. To my greatest surprise, it's by the drivers door which I enter everyday without noticing it.*

By the time we checked, the recommended pressure for my tyres is 32!

I just traveled with tyres on a pressure of 50! He took me round his compound and showed me that of the cars (which includes a jeep and a sienna) there, the highest was 32. Some were even 29!

He further explained that tyres are made of rubber and
expand at high temperature.

So, when you are travelling in the afternoon when the asphalt on the road is hot, the tyre will want to expand. If the pressure in the tyre is too much and wouldn't accommodate the expansion, a burst is likely to happen at that time.

Pls check the recommended tyre pressure for your
vehicle

3 other methods to know the recommended tyre pressure of your car
http://infobase.com.ng/2016/11/26/how-to-check-your-tyre-pressure-before-embarking/

Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by makelove2m(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2016
opson2016:
*Vulcanizers in Nigeria are killing people*

IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL VEHICLE USERS!

Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put too much pressure in our tyres.

How did I know?

I was preparing for a journey, I changed some of my
tyres and I asked the vulcanizer that 'what is the
recommended tyre pressure?'

He said 50. I said alright, he should inflate it to 50 all round.

When I got to where I was going, I was discussing with
some people on the issue of the minister that died on
the road due to a burst tyre and wonder what could
have happened because nobody could imagine a
minister would be travelling with expired tyres as many would think is the major cause of tyre bursts.

A man (lived in US for many years) said that the major
cause of tyre burst in Nigeria is that we put too much
pressure in our tyres and that each car has recommended tyre size and pressure clearly written on it by the manufacturer.

*I was surprised and begged him to come and show me where it's written on my car. To my greatest surprise, it's by the drivers door which I enter everyday without noticing it.*

By the time we checked, the recommended pressure for my tyres is 32!

I just traveled with tyres on a pressure of 50! He took me round his compound and showed me that of the cars (which includes a jeep and a sienna) there, the highest was 32. Some were even 29!

He further explained that tyres are made of rubber and
expand at high temperature.

So, when you are travelling in the afternoon when the asphalt on the road is hot, the tyre will want to expand. If the pressure in the tyre is too much and wouldn't accommodate the expansion, a burst is likely to happen at that time.

Pls check the recommended tyre pressure for your
vehicle and others you know.

As many as possible Nigerians need to read this.
thanks

Where in drivers seat one can find it, dashboard, steering, seat belt or where, could this applicable to all type of cars, please further elaborate
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by opson2016(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2016
makelove2m:

Where in drivers seat one can find it, dashboard, steering, seat belt or where, could this applicable to all type of cars, please further elaborate

There are three ways to check in order to be sure:

1) Check the driver side door frame (I'll upload photo )
2) Check the owners manual
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by Wisefellow(m): 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
It is a pity, most Nigerians neither read nor adhere to instruction specified in user/car manuals maybe because they are either impatient or over confidence of themselves.

I once asked a neighbour using a Toyota Corolla car of what measurement does she fill in her tyres? She said the vulcanizer usually put 35PSi which means ignorance on her part.

My Toyota Rav4 user manual specified 32PSi for the front, rear and spear tyres which I strictly adhered to irrespective of distance to cover. The earlier we reiterate and enlighten all vehicle users, the better and safer for all.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by opson2016(m): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Wisefellow:
It is a pity, most Nigerians neither read nor adhere to instruction specified in user/car manuals maybe because they are either impatient or over confidence of themselves.

I once asked a neighbour using a Toyota Corolla car of what measurement does she fill in her tyres? She said the vulcanizer usually put 35PSi which means ignorance on her part.

My Toyota Rav4 user manual specified 32PSi for the front, rear and spear tyres which I strictly adhered to irrespective of distance to cover. The earlier we reiterate and enlighten all vehicle users, the better and safer for all.

Sad still, this kind of enlightened article won't make first page of any newspaper or forum.
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by feelme3(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bros, how do we locate it na. Please post pics and save lives.
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by opson2016(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
feelme3:
Bros, how do we locate it na. Please post pics and save lives.

When you open the driver's door you get just before stepping in, search through you'll see a sticker that bears those info

I'll post pics
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by vpaymoney(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2016
opson2016:

When you open the driver's door you get just before stepping in, search through you'll see a sticker that bears those info

I'll post pics

We are waiting!
Re: What Is The Recommended Tyre Pressure?' This Revelation Will Surprise You by opson2016(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
vpaymoney:

We are waiting!

Other methods you can use to get the recommended tyre pressure for your vehicle

http://infobase.com.ng/2016/11/26/how-to-check-your-tyre-pressure-before-embarking/

(1) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Corolla for Sale / Poor Fuel Economy / Free Vehicle Scan In Nnewi Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.