Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November (3905 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Wolves: 18% (2 votes)
Arsenal: 81% (9 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Wolves Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 22nd April 2012 / Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Cristalz(f): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2009
Wolverhampton Wanderers are hosting Arsenal at the Molineux stadium on Saturday evening.

Wolverhampton Wanderers haven't had a good run so far this season; they've won just 2 games in the league. Now pitted against Arsenal at home, one has to wonder just how possible it is for them to get a win.

Manager Mick McCarthy could point, with some justification, to the injury list that led to Wolves starting the season at a disadvantage. All his key attackers - from Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Chris Iwelumo to pacy winger Michael Kightly and club-record signing Kevin Doyle - were indisposed at one stage.

Now they are all back, and with Andy Keogh and Austrian Stefan Maierhofer also pushing for places, McCarthy just might have a pretty strong team tomorrow; and of course, a selection headache.

He will have to decide which pair to start among Ebanks-Blake, Chris Iwelumo, Kevin Doyle, Andy Keogh and Stefan Maierhofer. He is gonna have a rich bench, that's for sure.

In midfield, one to look out for is creative midfielder Nenad Milijas, as well as winger Michael Kightly. Milijas is quite skilled at creating those vital chances, and with Kightly tearing up the wing, they will have something substantial to offer Arsenal attack-wise.

Wolves have got a defensive worry though, most of the goals they have conceded so far have stemmed from corners, free-kicks, throw-ins and a goalkeeper's kick-out.

If they don't tighten up their defense of set-pieces, the Gunners just might have a field day in that respect.

Arsenal face another away challenge against Wolves; another opportunity to get 3 points and further close the gap between them and table-toppers Chelsea. Arsenal are sitting in 3rd place, 5 points behind Chelsea.

The Gunners have continued to fire, defeating AZ Alkmaar 4 -1 in their UCL quest on Wednesday night. One has really got to admire the current squad depth.  .  .it's taken Arsene a while, but he seems to be getting it right once again.

Striker Robin Van Persie is in the form of his life, with 8 goals so far. He could be paired with Eduardo, as Bendtner is still out injured.
Captain Cesc Fabregas is still the midfielder to watch, with goals and assists flowing quite freely from him. He brings a lot of creativity to the midfield. Arshavin is another, a creative midfielder as well as a deadly striker. Then there's Rosicky and Vela. Apparently the injured Theo Walcott and Denilson will not be missed much.

In defense, Gael Clichy is definitely being missed; he is out with a back injury. Kieran Gibbs is most likely going to deputize as left-back. No major changes should happen at the back, other than the afore-mentioned.

Obviously Arsenal are already the more skilled side for this game. The question now is how well they can bring all that skill into play, get the most from it. And, how well Wolves can hold them off.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by edoyad(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2009
To be honest, I've not watched Wolves play this season and i doubt I'll be watching them play after tomorrow (ok, return leg). The point is i don't know didley squat about them save for their manager and It's games like this that scare me the most.
But with our present form, i could feel confident bout facing 11 Messi's and that's why i'm perdicting 0-2 cool
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by chelseabmw(m): 1:13am On Nov 07, 2009
where are the arsenal fans
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by edoyad(m): 5:46am On Nov 07, 2009
^^ Something strange is going on. undecided
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by ayusco: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2009
gunner reporting for duty :d wolves playing @ home cld disturb us with initial gra-gra but we should ovacome with 2-0/3-1 win aa23 is due a goal
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by yousouph(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2009
Let the Wolves feel the bullets of the GUNNERS. Victoria ascertra
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by saworoide: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2009
Since either or both of Chelsea and Man U must drop point this week, Arsenal can not afford not to win this game.

Prediction Wolve 0 - 3 Arsenal.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by mukina2: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2009
edoyad:

^^ Something strange is going on. undecided

where?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by dogice(m): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
ars will flog their ass
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by allboyz(m): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2009
9 nil, .

gunners 1800
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by dominique(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
no polls. criz why now?
anyways wolves ore going down
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2009
Wolves are a good side
They pass the ball around very well
and they have a very underrsted player called kevin Doyle
who can , on his day, wreck any team
But. . . . . . . . .
The quality in the Arsenal should be too much for them
0-3 should be the likely outcome.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Cristalz(f): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2009
dominique:

no polls. criz why now?
anyways wolves ore going down

Oops. My bad. Thanks.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Daxbiz(m): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2009
Links please.

Serious Bashing today.

GUNNERS FOR LIFE!!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by theviper1: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
their logo doesnt look pleasant,bt then we eat wolves for breakfast. watch wolves take an ass-spanking today and before long we will be on top of the food-chain as either or both the chaves or the scums will be dropping points 2morrow. any team in the premier league is a potential match winner,so we wont take wolves 4 granted. bt i have to warn them that AK learnt a bitter lesson this mid-week cos of that single goal they scored in Holland.wolves 0v3 arsenal.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 6:19pm On Nov 07, 2009
Song and Nasri are being rested today!!! shocked shocked shocked
Hope the gaffer isn't underestimating Wolves!
With due respect
Ramsey is NO Song !!!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2009
6 -0 to the gunners
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2009
HNIC:

Song and Nasri are being rested today!!! shocked shocked shocked
Hope the gaffer isn't underestimating Wolves!
With due respect
Ramsey is NO Song !!!!!

I agree, Ramsey is Ramsey

Methinks Diaby will take Song's position while Ramsey will be slightly ahead of him
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by duduspace(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
It is time to rumble.
Arsene isn't underestimating Wolves, he has said Ramsey is really pushing for a first team place.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2009
I agree, Ramsey is Ramsey

Methinks Diaby will take Song's position while Ramsey will be slightly ahead of him

Agree with you. I don't think Ramsey's ever played a defensive midfielder role, abi Ramsey no be who I think e be again?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by mykali(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2009
any links?
lemme watch another surprise package
Wolves pulling the rug off the Gooners feet
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by yousouph(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2009
No under-estimation. Our Carling cup squad will beat Wolves talkless the first teamers.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by duduspace(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ramsey is putting himself about early on, wants to make a statement
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
@ mykali
sofry sofry o otherwise folks here including my humble self will make you eat shit tonite  cool
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
We are taking wolves for granted!
We are not marking anyone!!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2009
Wolves are playing a high line
Methinks thats where they will fumble
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by duduspace(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
Don't fear HNIC, the match is just starting to open up.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
Even if Eduardo gets stabbed in the box and he bled to death on the field
he wont get a penalty this season
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by duduspace(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
Why these unnecessary fouls? Gallas, Diaby and now Sagna  
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2009
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by HNIC(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2009
duduspace:

Why these unnecessary fouls? Gallas, Diaby and now Sagna
We have been below average!!!
But we are still gonna beat them!!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal [1 - 4] On Saturday, 7th November by duduspace(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2009
This game is looking like AZ Alkmaar away? is this some sort of away strategy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Racing Genk (5 - 0) On 19th October 2011 / UEFA CL Second Round Draws OUT!!!!! / John Terry Set For Trial In Anton Ferdinand Race Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.