Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November (7270 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Bayern: 33% (1 vote)
Schalke: 33% (1 vote)
Draw: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2009
After the disappointment of the midweek following the humiliation at home losing to Bordeaux, Van Gaal is walking a tight rope and he needs a result desperately here. Only a convincing win would do for this game as fans and management are getting to the breaking point.

Bayern have been unconvincing in both the Bundesliga and CL. A drastic change in fortune is needed right now to salvage anything from this season.

Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer came out with a scathing assesment of the situation and knowing the situation at the Sabener Strasse The trio of Kaiser Beckenbauer, Ulli Hoenes and Kalle Rummenigge hold a tight grip on affairs and decide the fate of any coach.

Key Matchups-

Van Gaal vs Magath- Felix Magath was fired in 2007 as coach of Bayern and he comes with vengeance. Last season He led Wolfsburg to the title before he moved over to Gelsenkirchen. He would long to prove to the Allianz crowd that he is still the best coach in Germany.

Manuel Neuer vs Hans jorg Butt- Neuer has been in the spotlight of the Bayern heirarchy for some time and A move to the Allianz for the summer is very likely. He would want to impress his future employers as the much vaunted "New Kahn". Butt on the other hand made elimentary errors during the week and would be keen to atone

Rafinha vs Lahm: Rafinha is another player touted to move to the Allianz and would also want to impress. Lahm on the other hand has been below his normal standard since he was moved to the RB position. This might offer what a Lahm Rafinha as Full backs would look like.

Demichelis/Badstuber-Van buyten vs Westerman-Howedes: With Demichelis back from injury the CB situation might change as he beng a senior player might push youngster Badstuber out.

Rakitic vs Robben : Robben back from injury and a lot of hopes are on him to provide creativity in the absence of Ribery. Rakitic is Schalkes creative player also who can drift on both sides of the field.

Kloni/Gomez vs Kuranyi : The strikers at Munich have been below par this season This might be their game to come good.
Kuranyi has been scoring some late goals of recent and Munich defenders have to keep an eye on him

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Krayola(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
This is going to be one hell of a game. I will be watching for sure!! Wouldn't wanna miss the end of Bayer's title aspirations this season. grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
if that happens, Then that would be the end of van Gaals reign .

The guy is so stubborn and sticks to his 4-3-3 when our most creative players(ROBBERY) which are highly essential to make a 4-3-3 work are out injured.

Also sticking with Van Dumbass Bommel as a Defensive Midfielder is odd. Van Bommel cant tackle clean and he losses concentration a lot.

Van Gaal has refused to allow Tymoschuk play as DM and rather as a right winger How odd? Imagine Yaya Toure playing as a right midfielder?

The Jury is out on Van Gaal
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nice work dayo.Im hoping for d best.Any mistake from van gaal its bye bye
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
Of course Van Gaal know this is Munich we cant stand all those mediocrity other clubs live with
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
What is paining me is the fact that no coach have been able to match ottmar hitsfelds feet since he left.Magath,klinsmann failed.Now van gaal.We had no stars in 2001 when we won ucl.likes of hargreaves,jeremies,linke,schol&effenberg are not d best in d world then.Yet d coach' s tactics defeated man u&madrid home&away
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
grin
Nice to see you doing more than talk, Dayo.

Please edit the topic to include the match time and date. Or I could do it if you'd like.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
Governance of this section is highly questionable.

FFS, why should a one-man-club merit a sticky thread?

There should be only 3 sticky threads on this section. I dont need to name the clubs.

Is this a medium to insult Dayokanu?

Dayo, you better soji the trap they are setting.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by edoyad(m): 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
The most important match in b.liga this weekend is that of Leverkusen
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
You guys won't kill me for my daddy. grin

Eldee made a sensible point so it got up here. Liverpool and Bayern are our clubs under observation for this weekend.
Trust me, people are interested in what will go down. DK's game, especially.

And there shouldn't be only 3 sticky club threads on this section, thank you very much dearie.
As for the ''insult Dayokanu'' part, Ibime, quit being an instigator. Doesn't quite suit you.

@Edoyad
Important to who, dearie?
We've barely got those fans here. . .Liverpool fans are even more. And y'all gave Liverpool thumbs down sticky-wise.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ibime I soji the scope she wan use Benin sense for me
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Ibime(m): 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
dayokanu:

Ibime I soji the scope she wan use Benin sense for me

Sharp man! grin

This thread will turn to your Golgotha if Bayern lose this game. grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
I never asked her to stick the threads all I said was let the threads rise and fall based on demand
Any thread without posts would die naturally and the threads in demand would be at the top
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thread's a sticky. . .if you don't like it, go to bed. grin

If Bayern lose and this thread becomes 'something else'. . .whatever you do, don't put the blame on me, blame it on the rain, yeah yeah. grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by FBS: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hmmm. . .
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hm what? grin

Thread deserves to be up top in my opinion, as well as some other people's. Bayern are in the same ship as Liverpool in their respective leagues right now.
Bayern may have one serious fan, but 90% of us here keep up with events at his club 'cos of him.

oh what a feeling.  .  .when we're dancing on the ceiling grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
No be fight madam
Na just suggestion we dey offer no need for the Abachaism
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
I got your suggestion.  .  .worked with your suggestion.
Abachaism is only in your mind, dearie.

One thing you are failing to look at is that you are not the only one involved in the picture.
The 3 EPL threads have to be stickied.  .  .Seun says. Liverpool was included, but you gave a good point about their threads not deserving regular stickying. I agreed with you on the preview thread and that will happen. I might even get into trouble for that. grin

I said other games from whichever league that most people will be interested in will have their threads stickied. Your club happens to fall in that category this weekend, and you did a thread.  .  .I decided to sticky it.
This also kinda stemmed from your earlier complaints about the EPL bias going on here, which is so 'cos that's the league 68% of Nigerians watch the most.
The erstwhile named EPL preview thread, I edited to involve all European/foreign football games. Mainly 'cos you had a point.

So tell me again.  .  .where is Abachaism coming from exactly?
Things will not always be the exact way you want them to be 'cos you are not the only one involved in the picture.
Heck, things here are not the exact way I want them to be.  .  .and I don't expect 'em to.
I try to flow with the go and have fun while at it.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
Personally I don't even get the big deal about this stickying thing. . .if people want to post, they will. If they don't, they won't.
Stickying doesn't really influence that, in my opinion.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
No comments

This game is a do or die for Van Gaal
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by Cristalz(f): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2009
.  .  .exactly why the good people of NL European Football think it should be stickied. grin grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
Your wish is my command
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by edoyad(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
@Crizzle i was coming here to chop off your hands and fry you in some two day old ororo for not creating the Arsenal Match thread when i read what you said of the thread remaining stickied after a Bayern loss.
And i say , BRILLIANT.

Dayo, pray to the HEAVENs you don't lose tomorrow, cos if you do your username will be retired from NL tomorrow.
Gunners still need match thread though.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
Edoyad shey leprosy catch your own finger or why you no fit open thread for your club

Crizzle don't do anything that would put you in trouble with the authorities just because I complained
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by edoyad(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
Dayo shunt ump jor !
Don't you know It's more interesting to eat someone elses money ?
Why should we bother when Miss Crizzle's muscles are begging to do us the honours ?
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
Walahi being a Gayyner is a curse to win trophy na problem ordinary to open thread turn wahala
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by mukina2: 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ thread
  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
Wetin do madam
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by rasputinn(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2009
dayokanu:

Wetin do madam

This thread is a joke and should be moved to the joke section ASAP
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2009
official line-up:

Butt - Lahm Demichelis van Buyten Badstuber -

Tymoshchuk van Bommel Schweinsteiger -

Klose Toni Müller

subs: Rensing, Braafheid, Pranjic, Ottl, Altintop, Robben, Gomez

Schalke

--------------Neuer -

Höwedes, Matip, Bordon, Westermann -

-----Rafinha, Moritz, Schmitz -

-------Farfan, Kuranyi, Sanchez
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
Match starts

Schweini already hacked players down in 2 minutes
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Schalke04 [1 - 1] on Saturday,7th November by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2009
Butt makes a save on Kuranyi already.

Micho should be more decisive with his tackles

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Roma: UCL (1 - 1) On 30th September 2014 / West Ham Vs Arsenal [ 2 - 2] Sunday 25th October / Liverscores (berclays Premier League)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.