Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Conte Slams Mourinho Over Moses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Conte Slams Mourinho Over Moses (667 Views)

Fight Over Moses Simon / EPL: Rio Ferdinand Slams Mourinho For Insulting Man United Players / Lady Obsessed With Jose Mourinho, Over 20 Tattoos Of Him (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conte Slams Mourinho Over Moses by Miraxzeebility(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2016
It unbelievable Victor Moses was underestimated - Conte

– Antonio Conte questions Jose Mourinho on why he overlooked Victor Moses for three seasons during his second spell in charge at Chelsea

– Moses has emerged as an important player in Conte’s new winning 3-4-3 system

– Since Moses secured a place in Chelsea starting 11, the London side have won six successive Premier League games without conceding a single goal Antonio Conte has questioned former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on why he overlooked Victor Moses for three seasons during his second spell in charge, Telegraph.co.uk reports.

Asked about Moses’ progress at Chelsea in a recent interview after the Premier League table toppers defeated Middlesbrough 1-0, Conte said: “I could see his (Moses) potential from the first day of the summer training camp. “Moses has important qualities: technique, physical strength, the ability to cover 70m of the pitch. “I find it incredible that someone like him has been underestimated.”

Playing in a new role as a wing back, Moses has emerged as an important player in Conte’s new winning system. Chelsea have striker Michy Batshuayi and midfielders Willian, Oscar and Cesc Fabregas who could come in if Costa or Hazard were ruled out through injury or suspension.

But there are no other natural right wing-backs in Conte’s current squad and an injury to Moses would leave Conte with big worries. Conte added: “My starting choice was 4-2-4. I wanted to repeat the script of Bari, Siena and initially at Juve. Then we switched to 3-5-2 and finally we hit on 3-4-3 because it’s the best shape for this team.”

Moses has become the surprise success story of the season after being converted into a wing-back by Conte as part of his switch to a 3-4-3 formation. Since Moses secured a place in Chelsea starting 11, the London side have won six successive Premier League games without conceding a single goal. Moses was signed by Chelsea for £9m from Wigan Athletic in 2012 and made 43 appearances in all competitions during his first season at the club under Roberto Di Matteo and interim manager Rafa Benitez.

But the Nigeria forward was sidelined once Mourinho took over and did not make another competitive appearance for the Blues during the three seasons the Portuguese was manager. He was subsequently loaned out to Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United before Conte took over this summer.

source:https://www.naij.com/1059041-conte-deals-mourinho-dirty-blow-over-victor-moses.html

(1) (Reply)

I Was Told To Pay Money Before I Could Be Called Up -emmanuel Sarki / CLOSED / Nothing For You Arsenal FC Fans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.