Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

My Ugly Experience With Nigerian Police, Police Is Never Your Friend & No Change - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ugly Experience With Nigerian Police, Police Is Never Your Friend & No Change (547 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / My Ugly But Funny Experiences Being Left Handed / My Ugly Experience At Diamond Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ugly Experience With Nigerian Police, Police Is Never Your Friend & No Change by obiyor2000: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
I was sitting out with my friend in a park, suddenly the police came and asked I and my friend to standup, after searching us with other people who were at the joint, the asked I and my friend with two other young men to enter their hilux pickup van with the other two men, while the left the elderly men and those who proved very hard to them, at first I tried resisting the arrest but on sighting my friend I had no option than to go with them. As we were driving one of the police men told us not to worry that it is a raid that once we get to the station we would explain ourselves but in my mind I knew it was stories.
When we got to the station Owerri Urban Imo State they started asking us all unnecessary questions and later asked question and later asked us to bring 15k that light. After all said and done we had to sleep over night there, in the morning the asked us to bring 5k with other fines attached to it which we had no option than to pay because those guys are very heartless. I have vowed never to help any policeman again, but what pained me most was that I drank 1 bottle of palm wine and Nkwobi with over 7k as against 950.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Nigerian Police, Police Is Never Your Friend & No Change by nellyelitz(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
They've never been my friend before even without their uniform

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MMM Participants Panic Over Reports Of Ultimate Cycler's Crash Author: Kess Ewu / Petrol Truck Caught Fire Along Eleme/onne Express Road / See This Conversation Between Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.