Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? (859 Views)

Gospel Loaded: Download Latest Christian Musics & Albums On "Gospel Loaded" 2020 / Pastor Stopped From Conducting Naming Ceremony In Ondo Over Coronavirus / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Mezenna: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
Since there is no award category for Christian musics in any of the Award Ceremony in Nigeria,Why don't we(Christians) have any kind of Christian award ceremony to recognise outstanding achievement in Nigeria Christian Music industry?. I think having a award ceremony will spur more christian artistes to up their game and bring good competition in Christian industry in Nigeria. We need to celebrate our Christian artistes and encourage them. What do you think? Cc. Lalasticlacla mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by BossLadyF(f): 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
True. Many secular singers started from church. They left because they weren't appreciated. Only few churches today support gospel singers and the most famous is Christ Embassy. If churches can support our own, they won't leave.
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hmmm. Its not that simple. Sounds good but thats the beginning of filthy politics. It can get so filthy that even the real christian singers sef would back out of the ceremony.

First of all such award ceremony would recognize creativity and not spirituality. Fame intoxicates. Gospel singers drunk with the desire for fame would go any length some of which does not even befit a christian to reach just for an award. They would be less bothered about songs inspired by the holy spirit but how to create self inspired songs using the most famous instrumentalists and studios as if that's the purpose of the gospel

After a while, you'll hear of assassinations here and there, occultism in Christianity-these are the reasons why some christian bodies refused to join the CAN and PFN both at state and national level. Nigerian Christians unlike Muslims are not even united Bcus of doctrinal differences so even if d ceremony could start, some Christians would immediately condemn it.

The immediate past CAN president now goes about with heavily armed guards and we say its a united christian body. Isn't that funny...what is he afraid of.

I think its better we don't even have such Bcus it will bring shame to Christianity and the gospel would lose its value

4 Likes

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by jiggaz(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
Mezenna:
Since there is no award category for Christian musics in any of the Award Ceremony in Nigeria,Why don't we(Christians) have any kind of Christian award ceremony to recognise outstanding achievement in Nigeria Christian Music industry?. I think having a award ceremony will spur more christian artistes to up their game and bring good competition in Christian industry in Nigeria. We need to celebrate our Christian artistes and encourage them. What do you think?
I think there is..... NIGERIAN GOSPEL MUSIC AWARD.... Obiwon talked about it in one of his interviews....
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
jiggaz:
I think there is..... NIGERIAN GOSPEL MUSIC AWARD.... Obiwon talked about it in one of his interviews....
That's the only one we have. So cook up another one pls.
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Mezenna: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Hmmm. Its not that simple. Sounds good but thats the beginning of filthy politics. It can get so filthy that even the real christian singers sef would back out of the ceremony.

First of all such award ceremony would recognize creativity and not spirituality. Fame intoxicates. Gospel singers drunk with the desire for fame would go any length some of which does not even befit a christian to reach just for an award. They would be less bothered about songs inspired by the holy spirit but how to create self inspired songs using the most famous instrumentalists and studios as if that's the purpose of the gospel

After a while, you'll hear of assassinations here and there, occultism in Christianity-these are the reasons why some christian bodies refused to join the CAN and PFN both at state and national level. Nigerian Christians unlike Muslims are not even united Bcus of doctrinal differences so even if d ceremony could start, some Christians would immediately condemn it.

The immediate past CAN president now goes about with heavily armed guards and we say its a united christian body. Isn't that funny...what is he afraid of.

I think its better we don't even have such Bcus it will bring shame to Christianity and the gospel would lose its value
I am bound to say I disagree with you on this point because I think these awards will bring competition which leads to good music.
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Mezenna:
I am bound to say I disagree with you on this point because I think these awards will bring competition [/b]which leads to good music.

Sorry he Just Spoke the Truth,

That word competition will birth big problem, I dont need to repeat what RadicallyBlunt has said. Am suspecting you to be a singer.

In a Nut-shell [b]Revelation 22:12 - And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

If you believed the above verse we dont need competition among Gospel Singers.
What I would have suggest is a a kind of talent hunt for genuine Gospel singers, who are less privileged to sponsor themselves, we have them much in our churches

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
The solution is in my signature
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Mezenna:
I am bound to say I disagree with you on this point because I think these awards will bring competition which leads to good music.
Lol. Good music thats competition-inspired. What happens to good music that's not sweet to many but holyspirit-inspired. Singers who do not depend on their creativity would not wait for competition. In fact would not be interested in competition because competition would mean singing to please people(fans). The term "gospel music" should be God oriented first not fans oriented. An anointed song may just be psalm 23 sung like a nursery rhyme and would bring healing to many while song focused on creativity alone with extreme gesculations would focus on the award and attention from fans and nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by mizzytan(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
True. Op I think RadicallyBlunt is trying to say they might be some controversial issues if there's an Award Ceremony. Though I still think it would be cool if we have it.
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by donnie(m): 12:23am On Nov 24, 2016
BLW raising champions since 1981.

This is not some good idea you just copy or adopt like some people think Christ Embassy did or is doing. It is all in the calling, vision and the message he gave them. That is why His grace is abundant and the results abound.

I heard someone talk about politics, occultism, assassinations shocked

Ah... No be church again? You for kuku add bomb and terrorists.

Christ Embassy has organised awards for years and nothing of such. And they have some of the best gospel artists in the world. Yet these artists are humble and Spirit-filled.

You even see them rally around their colleagues who received awards celebrating with them in the spirit of love and oneness.

It all comes to the Word. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by seedgreen(m): 12:42am On Nov 24, 2016
Just this last Sunday during the LIMA (loveworld Intl kusic & arts) awards, Sinach won the song writer od the decade, the award went with a cash prize of 100,000$, Eben and Ade were both joint winners of the song writer of the BLW all stars song writer of the yr, went with cash prize of 50,000$, Martin PK won the worship song of the yr, cash prize of 100,000$ and then Israel strong won the junior song writer of the yr with Cash prize of 25,000$.

Several others like Jahdiel, Rap nation, Buchi, TB1 won, CSO also won awards. The atmosphere was electrifying

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by mizzytan(m): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2016
seedgreen:
Just this last Sunday during the LIMA (loveworld Intl kusic & arts) awards, Sinach won the song writer od the decade, the award went with a cash prize of 100,000$, Eben and Ade were both joint winners of the song writer of the BLW all stars song writer of the yr, went with cash prize of 50,000$, Martin PK won the worship song of the yr, cash prize of 100,000$ and then Israel strong won the junior song writer of the yr with Cash prize of 25,000$.

Several others like Jahdiel, Rap nation, Buchi, TB1 won, CSO also won awards. The atmosphere was electrifying
cool but is the award only meant for Chris embassy Gospel musicians?
Re: Why Isn't There Any Award Ceremony To Appreciate Christian Musics In Nigeria? by seedgreen(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2016
mizzytan:
cool but is the award only meant for Chris embassy Gospel musicians?
yes it is. Strictly for BLW nation.

(1) (Reply)

Centenary Celebration Of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at Nigeria / Hunger / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.