Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System (2170 Views)

Six Parts Of Your Body You Probably Don't Know Their Names / Interesting Facts Of Online Assignment Writing / 27 Unbelievable Facts Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
1. The average red blood cell lives for 120 days.
2. There are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow.That’s like a new population of the city of Toronto every second.
3. Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second. That’s a little less than the population of Canada – every second !
4. A red blood cell can circumnavigate your body in under 20 seconds.
5. Nerve Impulses travel at over 400 km/hr (249 mi/hr).
6. A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).
7. Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day or about 30 million times in a year.
8. Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey per day.
9. Our eyes can distinguish up to ten million colour surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
10. Our lungs inhale over two million litres of air every day, without even thinking. Their surface area is large enough to cover one side of a tennis court.
11. We give birth to over 200 billion red cells every day.
12. When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph
13. We exercise at least 36 muscles when we smile.
14. We are about 70 percent water.
15. We make around 1 to 1.6 litres of saliva a day.
16. Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.
17. In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
18. We have copper, zinc, cobalt, calcium, manganese, phosphates, nickel and silicon in our bodies.
19. It is believed that the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of the eyes.
20. A person can expect to breathe in about 45 pounds of dust over his/her lifetime.

www.temolad./2016/10/19/20-quick-facts-of-your-body-system/
cc: Seun, Soocash, SirWere, Emmzie, slimmjohn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by oloriooko(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Wonderful shocked
Papa God I hail ooo, your artistry is unfathomable and impeccable , twale Sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
See that ignorant fellow on top of me thanking God because he lacks knowledge of biology.

21- The brain is the main frame and chief coordinator of all what the op listed. So long as you have a functional brain, Nothing is impossible that is why Society, Laws, Religion, culture and politics were invented to cut down on the many possibilities of the brain.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
oloriooko:
Wonderful shocked
Papa God I hail ooo, your artistry is unfathomable and impeccable , twale Sir!
twale to God o
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by oloriooko(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
aaronson:
See that ignorant fellow on top of me thanking God because he lacks knowledge of biology.

21- The brain is the main frame and chief coordinator of all what the op listed. So long as you have a functional brain, Nothing is impossible that is why Society, Laws, Religion, culture and politics were invented to cut down on the many possibilities of the brain.
Your gullibility is second to none
Hope it's never too late for you sha
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by SEEDORF441(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
Dady God created every things inorder to help anythings
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
aaronson:
ßut you don't have to ...

Good
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
SEEDORF441:
Dady God created every things inorder to help anythings
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
oloriooko:

easy o
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
oloriooko:

No, never too late to be in your fantastic ignorant state. Here is my little secret and prescription.

I take daily dose of reading a book a day, Try it, it would reduce yours to mine and then, the world would be a better place for the next generation.

1 Like

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by oloriooko(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Temolad:
easy o
Just stating the obvious grin
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by oloriooko(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
aaronson:
No, never too late to be in your fantastic ignorant state. Here is my little secret and prescription.

I take daily dose of reading a book a day, Try it, it would reduce yours to mine and then, the world would be a better place for the next generation.
So your dose is a book a day grin grin grin
This guy must be underaged shocked
Life never handle you, when it does your books will never rescue you from it grin
Keep on reading and see how far you will go grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
oloriooko:

So your dose is a book a day grin grin grin
This guy must be underaged shocked
Life never handle you, when it does your books will never rescue you from it grin
Keep on reading and see how far you will go grin
Viewers of this thread, take note because those which he wrote are the symptoms of ignorance.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
oloriooko:

Just stating the obvious grin
uhn-uhn!
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by oloriooko(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
aaronson:
Viewers of this thread, take note because those which he wrote are the symptoms of ignorance.
Until you read Bible to straighten your crooked life, Omo you never start to read wink
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
I can see some unrelated comment on this thread.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by HARDDON: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
wora wow!

i think this title of this thread should read:

The wonders of the Human System!

all hail the auto aircon ! the nose
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by YtivitissuP: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
True.... That's why it's called a "system"
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by MrHighSea: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
aaronson:

Choi. Finishing.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by slimmjohn(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Oh my goodness! shocked.Yet some people never believe that ALMIGHTY GOD Exist!

1 Like

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by EWAagoyin(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2016
1. The average red blood cell lives for 120 days.

2. There are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain thisnumber, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow.That’s like a new population of the city of Toronto every second.

3. Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second. That’s a little less than the population of Canada – every second !

4. A red blood cell can circumnavigate your body in under 20 seconds.

5. Nerve Impulses travel at over 400 km/hr (249 mi/hr).

6. A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).

7. Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day or about 30 million times in a year.

8. Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey per day.

9. Our eyes can distinguish up to ten million coloursurfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.

10. Our lungs inhale over two million litres of air every day, without even thinking. Their surface area is large enough to cover one side of a tennis court.

11. We give birth to over 200 billion red cells every day.

12. When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph

13. We exercise at least 36 muscles when we smile.

14. We are about 70 percent water.

15. We make around 1 to 1.6 litres of saliva a day.

16. Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.

17. In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.

18. We have copper, zinc, cobalt, calcium, manganese, phosphates, nickel and silicon in our bodies.

19. It is believed that the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of the eyes.

20. A person can expect to breathe in about 45 pounds of dust over his/her lifetime.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by laribari(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2016
aaronson:

Why does a funtional brain not prevent people from dying since nothing is impossible? Abi ar u saying every dead person first had their brain in an unconscious state before death?

Science says some body organs still work for some minute even after death because they are alive. Eg: heart, brain etc

Why does the human brain fail (psychos) at time if it's so super? You can praise biology but not God.
Ewu Gambia.

Your mumu-ness wear berret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by laribari(m): 2:15am On Nov 24, 2016
aaronson:

You are the ignorant one sire!
Some things are never learnt from books but personal experience.

Do you know why some economist fail? It's not becos they don't read books but it is becos some theory, analogy and stuffs are only good on paper but not practical. I'm in marketing/sales so I know what I'm saying. Some policies are good on Paper but practically they will struggle.

Continue reading shakespear you hear!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Jarexxx(m): 7:49am On Nov 24, 2016
And some people think this kind of a system came to life on it's own.
Not my business though
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2016
Jarexxx:
And some people think this kind of a system came to life on it's own.
Not my business though
you talk well bro.
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by afanide: 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
nICE ONE... BUT learn to space up your work even though you COPIED cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System by Temolad: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
afanide:
nICE ONE... BUT learn to space up your work even though you COPIED cheesy cheesy cheesy
nice to hear from you. And even though it is a copied write-up, i think i remember to put the link to the original post.
Thanks for your comment!

(1) (Reply)

God Bless Nigeria -meet The 15-year-old Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB / Free Online WAEC Result Checker On Waecdirect - How To Check Your WAEC Result / UNIMED Post-utme Form, Cut-off Mark And Registration Details – 2018/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.