Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Gala Now #70: What A Shame - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gala Now #70: What A Shame (1508 Views)

Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You / Woman Keeps Changing Expiry Date Of Gala / Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gala Now #70: What A Shame by HisSexcellency(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
I got home from work today very tired and hungry, so i decided to have a little "GM" (gala & mineral, just like we call it those days in school) while i prepare something for the night. With #200 in hand i entered a shop to get my "GM"; the gala was smaller than usual and flat, so i complained to the lady about the size. But she was like 'na the size you dey complain, dat gala na #70', i was shocked thinking she was joking i left with the hope she was going to call me back, she never did.

i entered another shop only for my doubt to be cleared as the price was really #70, with hunger and annoyance i just bought 2 doughnuts and pure water and left.

This is really a shame that in Nigeria, within a period of 1 year things have gone out of control. how can a government sit and watch her citizens suffering. no straight cut policy, no economic plan to get us out of recession, nothing to cushion the effect of economic downturn.

All i can say is woe onto whoever is responsible directly or indirectly for this mess the country is in right now. Its just a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by ring7(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
Change grin grin grin angry
It OK Ooo, Buhari God is watching you in 4D.
Don't quote me because am not coming back here.
All agent of change,How market?
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by ammyluv2002(f): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
As expected....they have really tried! They've maintained that N50 for long even when every other companies increased theirs. It's sad things are getting out of hand, but I just wanna commend the company for understanding the plight of Nigerians
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
So who eats Gala these days?
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by weblord1900: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Guys be bold.. .

Don't complain, ,,

Things will be alright. ..

Just be calm and wait for 2019 ..
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
When Bigi, rite and superbite still costs 50 bucks. This is not the first time UAC will be pulling this stunt. The first time they increased the price some years back, no one told them before they reversed it when everybody switched to superbite sharperly. As long as other beef rolls remain cheaper, gala is in for a loss.

In related news, coke now costs N120 in my hood. Na so I switch to big cola sharperly. In this recession ehn, every N20 counts cool

5 Likes

Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Mrsprof(f): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
The annoying thing is that the
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Mrsprof(f): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
The annoying thing is that the size has also reduced. Make them kukuma kill us for this country. How you go reduce quantity of a product and still increase the price?
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by kingreign(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
dominique:
When Bigi, rite and superbite still costs 50 bucks. This is not the first time UAC will be pulling this stunt. The first time they increased the price some years back, no one told them before they reversed it when everybody switched to superbite sharperly. As long as other beef rolls remain cheaper, gala is in for a loss.

In related news, coke now costs N120 in my hood. Na so I switch to big cola sharperly. In this recession ehn, every N20 counts cool

Sharp Naija babe
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by yomi007k(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
dominique:

U r wise...

Ur husband go enjoy u
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 24, 2016
ring7:
Change grin grin grin angry
It OK Ooo, Buhari God is watching you in 4D.
Don't quote me because am not coming back here.
All agent of change,How market?
Hi wink
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by SageMahrez(m): 3:02am On Nov 24, 2016
Pure water na #20 for a sachet. #250 for a bag.
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 24, 2016
why don't you make homemade sausage rolls?
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Funjosh(m): 6:17am On Nov 24, 2016
I fit count the number of times wey I don chop gala since when dem born me. tongue
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by ichommy(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2016
Funjosh:
I fit count the number of times wey I don chop gala since when dem born me. tongue

grin grin
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by TamedWolf90: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2016
dominique:

Lol, Big cola is now #120 too...
BTW,how are you? Never knew you have a twin!
Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Emmaesty(f): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
dominique:

Coke is 120 while Pepsi is 100 naira. What a loss for coke

1 Like

Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Emmaesty(f): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
SageMahrez:
Pure water na #20 for a sachet. #250 for a bag.
I heard same too oh. No more buying of sachet water when tap water and well water is easily accessible

1 Like

Re: Gala Now #70: What A Shame by Vision4God: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hhhmmm

(1) (Reply)

Bakery Consultancy Services In Abuja, Nigeria / Indian Chicken Curry / I Have 1.8 Million Bag Of Rice For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.