Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

How Can One Become A Journalist? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can One Become A Journalist? (1078 Views)

A LAWYER And A Journalist-who Gets More Job Openings? / Urgent Opening For A Journalist In A News Publishing Agency / "Must You Be A Journalist?you Barely Make Enough To Eat.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Become A Journalist? by igoone: 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
can somebody help me to become a journalist please. my jamb is still in the house and i am not seen journalism which i want to study on the courses
urgently please
Re: How Can One Become A Journalist? by koolkamzzy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
hi guy, i wish i can help you but i dont have enough idea on journalism but i think you need to study Mass communication to become a journalist and more so, you need to attend school of Journalism,
hope you find some one in the house to give you a good respond.
Re: How Can One Become A Journalist? by Godmother2: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2009
Hi, you dont study journalism. You study mass communication. Journalism is a branch of mass communication that you major in.In your first year, you will do the general introductory courses, but from 2 hundred level, you will start picking your majors. These are the majors in case you'd want to change your mind later:

Broadcasting
Public Relations (PR)
Advertising
Journalism

I cant remember the 5th one.

My advice to you though in to major in your journalism which you seem to be interested in, but to still touch every other aspect. I did that and Im grateful for it. Like you, I was hell bent on studying journalism in school. Now that Im out just some 4 years later, I have lost interest in journalism.But at least my options are still open.

(1) (Reply)

I Prefer Being On Top / Econometrics / Airtel Called For Interview, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.