Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Get The Difference Between The Words "Guard" And "Guide". - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Get The Difference Between The Words "Guard" And "Guide". (6510 Views)

Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? / The Misuse Of The Words 'ADVICE' And 'ADVISE'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get The Difference Between The Words "Guard" And "Guide". by eme40rald(f): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
okay, i just read a post on front page about our former president Olusegun obasanjo wearing a "neck guide" instead of "neck guard" and it hit me that alot of people actually misuse these two words often times. A guide is something that assists you in learning about a particular thing, while a guard is something used in protection. The object on the ex president's neck was protecting his neck hence it is a guard.
Guys correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my 2cents opinion.
mods please take this post to the promise land so that people can learn and share their opinions too.

1 Like

Re: Get The Difference Between The Words "Guard" And "Guide". by collinometricx: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
I knw a thread like this we come up ni.
Re: Get The Difference Between The Words "Guard" And "Guide". by Davash222(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
Communication is said to be complete if the receiver decodes the information passed to him/her by the sender.

This is my 2cent opinion.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FUOYE Students Protest ‘no School Fees, No Examination’ Directive / Nairaland's First Interschool E-debate. Fixtures / Nigeria Army To Establish School Of Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.