Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Halloween Haunting - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Halloween Haunting (10730 Views)

7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / Episode 2: Haunting Shadows / Episode 1: Haunting Shadows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Halloween Haunting by HENSEXIE(f): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
shocked ravens bin killed 4 d second tym,her third comin no go funny be dat ooo,cos shes gonna wipe out d whole of Hilliard. BTW...nyc piece Greg,i luv horror,had 2 leave ma ghost mode.
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
HENSEXIE:
shocked ravens bin killed 4 d second tym,her third comin no go funny be dat ooo,cos shes gonna wipe out d whole of Hilliard. BTW...nyc piece Greg,i luv horror,had 2 leave ma ghost mode.

Thanks sweetheart wink wink
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2016
She rose up off of the ground and lifted her arm, pointing directly at Kevin.  Flames roared off of her and then she shot towards them.       Kevin ducked just in time and Raven crashed through the barn doors.

"Come on!” Kevin yelled and grabbed Holly by the arm.  He led them out of the barn and along the side of the house.  They passed a large propane tank against the house and Kevin stopped to look at it.      
“Kevin!” Holly screamed.  He looked up and saw Raven flying towards them, covered in flames.      “Run!” Kevin yelled.  They both took off running along the side of the house as Raven was gaining on them.  She let out an eerie cackle and then knocked the two of them to the ground.       
 Kevin rolled over and fired two shots at Raven, but missed.  She hovered above the ground and circled the siblings.    
  A „kaw‟ caught Kevin‟s attention.  He looked at the side of the house and saw the black raven land on the propane tank.  He had only one chance.      
He aimed the gun at the propane tank and pulled the trigger.  The bullet collided with the side of the tank and exploded.       
 A giant fireball erupted from the tank and spread across the grass and to the cornfield, igniting the stalks.  The side of the Watkins‟ house crumbled and the explosion spread into the living room.  Within seconds, the house was completely engulfed.   

Raven watched as the house burned just as she did.  She turned back around and fell to the ground – the fire was eating away at her skin.  She was becoming weak.      Kevin helped Holly to her feet and they faced Raven.  With the scythe still sticking out of her head, and her entire body on fire, she found enough vigor to make one last dash towards them. 

“Run!” Kevin grabbed his sister by the arm and they turned and ran into the cornfield.  They dodged the tall stalks of corn, trying to outrun the witch.  Holly looked behind her and saw a ball of fire following them, sending the flames reaching just above the tops of the corn.      Raven screeched loudly and finally came to a stop.  She dropped to the ground and started to crawl.  Kevin and Holly stopped and watched as the stalks of corn around Raven burned and dwindled away.  They watched as she burned in the cornfield once again.        Kevin looked up over the tops of the corn and saw the Watkins home burning.  The flames reached up into the night sky and lit up the entire property....

They both watched as the body of Raven deteriorated in a burning pile of black ash.  The fire continued to spread in the cornfield.      “Come on,” Kevin said calmly to his sister.  They turned and headed through the field in the direction of the road.      Moment later, they exited the cornfield and walked out onto Amity Road.  They followed the street back towards the Watkins property and stopped when they reached the vacant police car.  They stood there and watched as the house and barn burned down.      The blaze in the cornfield began to dwindle and isolated itself to just the edge of the field.  Kevin and Holly were speechless.  They didn‟t even know what to say or how to react.       

Kevin felt a vibration in his pocket.  He reached in and pulled out his phone and saw that it had restarted and was turning itself back on.      
  “My phone‟s working,” he said with a smile on his face.  He thought for a moment and then opened the driver‟s side door of the police car and sat in it.  The keys were still in the ignition.  He turned the key and the engine started.      Holly sighed in relief.......

Epilogue      

As the sun rose on the cold morning of November 1st, the fire department was on the scene at the Watkins‟ property.  After hours of battling the flames, they were able to extinguish the threat, and it left the house in a pile of charred rubble.        A portion of the cornfield that sat next to the house had been singed and left a vacant space in the lot.  All that was left of Raven‟s terror was a pile of black ash and a body count.                               

~     

Neither Kevin nor Holly slept.  They went back to Holly‟s house after they left the Watkins‟ home to burn.  Holly had cautiously walked into her bedroom, expecting to see a decaying corpse of Ava, but it was gone.  There was no sign of her, or any evidence that anything was ever wrong.  The electricity was back on, the phones and cars worked – it was almost like nothing even happened...

But Kevin and Holly knew something happened.  Something unexplainable.  The supernatural force of a murdered witch had overpowered Hilliard.  Raven‟s hatred and anger towards the city had reached its breaking point, and she unleashed a terrifying hell upon the town.  People were dead, and an old rage was to blame.      Raven was burned alive for her craft, but her spirit never left her home.  It took to shape of a ghoulish presence and inflicted a disturbing punishment upon a city that shunned her, blamed her, and ultimately killed her.      The haunting of Hilliard had come to an end, but for how long?  Raven had been burned alive once before, and was reborn as a morbid, vicious creature.  Who‟s to say it won‟t happen again!!!!!!

curtains fall

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
 It's been an awesome experience writing for you guys..... A challenge i'd choose over any other with each day but unfortunately our journey on this story comes to an end here.... you can follow my other stories (the craving, blood for blood; a tale of treachery)..... I love you all grin cheesy
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2016
You are bae!

Good thinking by Kevin there, I guess he takes after me tongue grin

Lets be writing another one for........after festive season kiss
Re: The Halloween Haunting by HENSEXIE(f): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Wow!nyc ending. Who is to say it wont happen again indeed. Greg i must say am impressed.kip up d gud wrk
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
jagugu88li:
You are bae!

Good thinking by Kevin there, I guess he takes after me tongue grin

Lets be writing another one for........after festive season kiss

Expect more sweety kiss
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
HENSEXIE:
Wow!nyc ending.
Who is to say it wont happen again indeed.
Greg i must say am impressed.kip up d gud wrk

Thanks dearie kiss
Re: The Halloween Haunting by WHOcarex: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2016
B
Re: The Halloween Haunting by gracyblaze(f): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Greg dear, nice work....

Let's continue our biz @ za oza room!!! shocked
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
gracyblaze:
Greg dear, nice work....

Let's continue our biz @ za oza room!!! shocked

See as I run dey go there now....... meet me quick quick grin grin
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Deejay1000(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
nice story greg42 you are the bomb man I was a Lil bit shaken o like I was watching a horror movie big ups man
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Deejay1000:
nice story greg42 you are the bomb man I was a Lil bit shaken o like I was watching a horror movie big ups man

Thanks my gee,i humble
Re: The Halloween Haunting by baburao1100: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, it's Halloween so all types of freaky things 're going on in the 1 / 4 (and other areas). To state my nerves are taken, can be an understatement. Halloween is code for "Let's all hunt and wipe out Malachai." And with the veil being slender, it's much even worse than normal. I am more nervous when compared to a three-tailed feline in a rocking couch factory.
Halloween Face Paint Ideas
Halloween Pumpkin drawings
Re: The Halloween Haunting by AhmedKhan: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
Halloween celebration is a magnificent time that enables you to spruce up with some eeriest outfits and paint your face utilizing some Scary Halloween Face Painting. On this Halloween, everybody around the globe tries to paint their appearances with something cool or Skull Halloween Face Painting to revere the dead and furthermore fulfill the shrewd spirits. Here are an a lot of gathering accessible with a wide range of painting plans and examples. In the interim, you can get enlivened through underneath shared astonishing and awesome Halloween Face Painting Videos.
Happy Halloween Drawings 2017
Pumpkin Carving Stencils 2017
Re: The Halloween Haunting by itsandi(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Interesting...Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: The Halloween Haunting by surajsutar: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
you have written a significant article. keep doing such wonderful job.
<a href="http://merrychristmasfromsanta.com/">Advance Merry Christmas Pictures</a>
<a href="http://merrychristmasfromsanta.com/">Advance Merry Christmas Images</a>
<a href="http://merrychristmasfromsanta.com/">Advance Merry Christmas Messages</a>
<a href="http://merrychristmasfromsanta.com/">Merry Christmas Whatsapp Status</a>
<a href="http://merrychristmasfromsanta.com/">Merry Christmas SMS</a>
Re: The Halloween Haunting by surajsutar: 6:15am On Oct 23, 2017
you are doing the job of good man by providing the useful information. please continue your work.
<a href="http://onlychristmascards.com/">Merry Christmas Greetings</a>
<a href="http://onlychristmascards.com/">Merry Christmas Pics</a>
<a href="http://onlychristmascards.com/">Merry Christmas 2017</a>
<a href="http://onlychristmascards.com/">Merry Christmas Images 2017</a>
Re: The Halloween Haunting by vamshi09: 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: The Halloween Haunting by Happytheday: 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: The Halloween Haunting by itsandi(m): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
Enjoy new Christmas themed stories, poems, etc in this season of love on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: The Halloween Haunting by enamul46: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
With Halloween just around the corner, now is the time to start planning your Halloween party. Whether you are planning for children or adults, the right Halloween decorations, music, treats, and games can make your party a success. After assembling your guest list, you will have an idea of the proper tone for your Halloween bash.

A Halloween Party for Kids
If you are planning a Halloween party for children, make sure you plan plenty of engaging Halloween games and activities. Bobbing for apples, costume contests, and scary ghost story contests will keep children entertained. Fun music and dance contests will also keep the party going.

source : pumpkin carving craze
Re: The Halloween Haunting by jatooo: 2:30am On Oct 29, 2018
halloweendayusa2018.com/halloween-coloring-pages-printable-free-download-2018.html
Re: The Halloween Haunting by jatooo: 2:33am On Oct 29, 2018
jatooo:

halloweendayusa2018.com/halloween-coloring-pages-printable-free-download-2018.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bound To Boobs / Igbo-smoking Keke Driver / Short Story "My Worst Nightmare"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.