Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! (4318 Views)

Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians / Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Tony Elumelu Foundation For $100m Entrepreneurship Programme 2019 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Angelmm: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Dear All,

Please ignore the earlier post on the subject. It was not originated by me (the bonafide owner of this ID), my account was hacked by some elements/individuals who did this for devilish reasons known to them alone.

We will get to the root of this, and anyone found wanting will face the wrath of law.

Details will be given later.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
interesting! I am observing Tony in 3D.. comments pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by africaatheart: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
I have met with 3 of the 2016 TEF entrepreneurs and they have been complaining how they were planning with the mindset that the money would be credited into their account since July as applied to 2015.

They were promised 14th November after the boot camp but the month is almost ended and yet the foundation has not come up to address them in their forum or even promise when to pay.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by afanide: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
Are you one of the participants
Proof please....

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by africaatheart: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
@ afanide: I have 3 friends who are. They have not been paid since that march after all the stress. Their names are publish on their site. It is online you can confirm from any of them. And besides if they have been paid we would be reading their success stories. I have a first hand information. He is just trying to use that means to create global attention.

Take for instance, the wrote that it was 1000 entrepreneurs that were at the Nigerian law school during the boot camp in 28-29th October, 2016 meanwhile the number was not up to that because some people who were not able to carter for their transport and who had no Chisco company in their states could not attend. Because Chisco was their official transport. Why lie that 1000 entrepreneurs were there.

He should pay them their money! they have suffered, his training wasn't easy cos i saw them complaining. Nigerians cannot make things smooth.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by afanide: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
africaatheart:
@ afanide: I have 3 friends who are. They have not been paid since that march after all the stress. Their names are publish on their site. It is online you can confirm from any of them. And besides if they have been paid we would be reading their success stories. I have a first hand information. He is just trying to use that means to create global attention.

Take for instance, the wrote that it was 1000 entrepreneurs that were at the Nigerian law school during the boot camp in 28-29th October, 2016 meanwhile the number was not up to that because some people who were not able to carter for their transport and who had no Chisco company in their states could not attend. Because Chisco was their official transport. Why lie that 1000 entrepreneurs were there.

He should pay them their money! they have suffered, his training wasn't easy cos i saw them complaining. Nigerians cannot make things smooth.

Ohhh i see.....

No wonder they created a website against him emiefelemustgo.com
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by pao: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
You guys need to have your facts and figures please visit http://tonyelumelufoundation.org/teep/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Seed_Capital_Disbursement_Update_11th_December.pdf

I am a 2016 beneficiary and they are at the verge of disbursement.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Adeloy: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Angelmm:
I want to use this medium to tell the whole world that Tony Elumelu fund seem like a scam!!!!

The 2016 entrepreneurs who have spent their hard earned money to transport themselves from different parts of Africa are yet to get the seed grants since March, 2016 when they were selected.

In fact the Tony Elumelu foundation is no longer sending mails to the entrepreneurs. In the next 2 months, they will be calling for another application. If someone who was selected for a grant since March, 2016, has completed the 3 months training, have their business plan accepted, and even gone for the boot camp has not received the money even as at November, 2016, when will they recieve the money.

It is just another way of Tony looking for a global recognition. He is not serious and does not keep to his words. He should give them the money as he promised and is the money is not there he should contact us to start making contribution.

If you think i am lying, can we have 2016 Tony ELumelu entrepreneurs here who have received their money indicate that.

Please confirm, Tony never pay them up till now.

Hello Angelmm,
This is so very wrong!
Seeing posts like this breaks my heart.I'm beneficiary of the Tony Elumelu programme in 2015. We all got our seed funding after the programme. The effect on my startup has been exponential too.I think you should be patient. You'll surely get your seed.

Dont close doors to other participants!
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Topsyysee: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Please get your facts right. They have successfully paid the first batch of Entrepreneurs. Link here http://tonyelumelufoundation.org/teep/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Seed_Capital_Disbursement_Update_11th_December.pdf

The selected 2016 entrepreneurs Were all in Lagos October 27 and 28, which was less than a month ago. Why not give them time to do the right thing rather than make serious accusations. I believe they are definitely in the process of paying the recently selected Entrepreneurs.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by valuba: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Angelmm:
I want to use this medium to tell the whole world that Tony Elumelu fund seem like a scam!!!!
The 2016 entrepreneurs who have spent their hard earned money to transport themselves from different parts of Africa are yet to get the seed grants since March, 2016 when they were selected.
In fact the Tony Elumelu foundation is no longer sending mails to the entrepreneurs. In the next 2 months, they will be calling for another application. If someone who was selected for a grant since March, 2016, has completed the 3 months training, have their business plan accepted, and even gone for the boot camp has not received the money even as at November, 2016, when will they recieve the money.
It is just another way of Tony looking for a global recognition. He is not serious and does not keep to his words. He should give them the money as he promised and is the money is not there he should contact us to start making contribution.
If you think i am lying, can we have 2016 Tony ELumelu entrepreneurs here who have received their money indicate that.

You are very silly, ignorant and ungrateful for making such false accusations against Tony Elumelu. I can see you are frustrated and lack what it takes to be an entrepreneur. I am a 2015 beneficiary and the fund I received from Tony elumelu foundation is what I used in setting up my company. I currently have over 20 full time staffs and my cartoons are showing on 5 channels in Nigeria.

As an entrepreneur, you shouldn't just come on public forums like this and blab. Get your facts right. If you can't stand the heat go and do MMM.

Do you know the value of the training received or the network you are exoosed to? It is ingrates like you that destroy other people's opportunities.

Do you even know what it takes to manage 1000 people spread all over the world? It is obvious you were not thinking straight. I would advise nairaland to remove users like you that go around like someone possessed by evil spirits.

3 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Deola9848(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
OP....please don't belittle a perfectly magnanimous gesture with misinformation.

I am a beneficiary of the 2015 grant and it is definitely not a scam. The foundation is regulated by laws and limited by due process. All those that have met the requirements will certainly be paid, just urge your friends to be patient.

Finally, I will advice that you be cautious about this type of posts in the future. You really don't want to dent the integrity of someone that is making such a huge sacrifice. He doesn't owe you or your friends anything, his actions should be commended not ridiculed.

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Afera3D: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
I will restrain myself in replying the poster. The people above have aptly described you however more adjectives are needed to describe you.

I am a 2015 TEEP winner and do you know the process it takes to transfer money to a thousand people? Do you not understand that many statutory checks must be met before the transfer? You think it is Naijabet? How dare you use the word scam in the same sentence with this foundation?

You lack the patience to be an entrepreneur! The funds from this foundation is what helped me to build my company combined with the world class training.

You should be very sorry for your very hasty, immature and disgraceful allegation.

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by quikissglobal: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
I so much respect views from naira land, but I'm so disappointed that this platform could even accommodate such demystifying story that Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program is a scam! This is hilariously fetish! Naija people will not seem to amaze me though. We have some group of bipolirized minds, whose minds are beautiful and hands are idle to good things but to cook up fake stories distracting other good minds who wants to make success. May I tell you I AM A BONA-FIDE PARTICIPANT AND BENEFITIARY OF TONY ELUMELU FOUNDATION/INITIATIVES.
TEEP'15 CHANGED THE WHOLE OF MY LIFE FOR GOOD
TEEP'15 TRAINED AND EQUIPPED ME WITH VIABLE INFORMATION TO SUCCEED WITH IN BUSINESS
TEEP'15 TOOK MY CRUDE BUSINESS IDEA FROM CRADLE AND POLISHED IT TO A VIABLE ENTERPRISE
TEEP'15 INVESTED IN CASH AND IN KIND TO SEE MY BUSINESS START AND GET SUSTAINED
TEEP'15 EXPOSED MY BUSINESS TO OTHER INVESTORS: AN EX-GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA AND ANOTHER ANGEL INVESTOR IN LAGOS
TEEP'15 HAS NEVER LEFT ME ALONE HAS IT CO.TINUES TO INTRODUCE HIGHER BUSINESS PLATFORM TO MY BUSINESS.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE TONY ELUMELU PRODUCT: CHECK OUT FOR QUIKISS IRU IN SHOP RITE NEXT TIME YOU VISIT OR TELL ANY OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO SEND YOU SOME FROM ANY AFRIKA GROCERY STORE IN NEW YORK, USA.

TONY ELUMELU PROGRAM IS AS REAL AS THE SUN BY THE DAY AND MOON BY NIGHT! IT IS NOT LIMITED TO NIGERIA, IT SPREADS ACROSS AFRICA COUNTRIES...

IF YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER HAS NOT BEEN REIMBURSED BY TEEP, BE REST ASSURED THAT TONY TEAM ARE WORKING ON SUCH PEOPLE, IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT GIVING MONEY, IT IS ABOUT BUILDING LIVES OF YOUNG AFRICANS THAT WILL RE SHAPE AND BRING ABOUT REAL CHANGE TO THEIR WORLD.

TEEP IS A WHOLISTIC LIFE CHANGING COSMOS THAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO EVERYONE WHO HAS A GOOD ASPIRATION IN LIFE!

IF TEEP IS A SCAM I'M HAPPY I FEEL VICTIM AND I'M A MILLIONAIRE TODAY..
TEEP IS NO SCAM
TEEP IS FOR REAL
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by coast23: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Honestly it's the duty of every entrepreneur to imbibe the spirit of resilience, that's one message TOE preaches always.

I'm an alumnai member of TEEP, 2015 cohort and we waited our due course. Truth is not every business will succeed and i dare say entrepreneurs like your friends most likely won't.

Truth be told, i waited for disbursement just like every member in my class and the grant went a long way into funding my project.

I just concluded training with the Bank of Industry via their Youth entrepreneurship support program and we were given loans to take our ventures further. All these wouldn't have been possible without the initial grant. So please get your facts right and work hard on your craft.

Regards
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by plushy: 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
My name is Idong and I'm a proud beneficiary of TEEP 2015, I assure you TEEP is NOT a scam. You are complaining of how the funds are being delayed but have you done all that is expected of you in terms of submitting neccessary documents and assignments? Have patience, the funds will be paid!
I'm shocked at how anyone can openly say it is a scam. If not for the funds, I wouldn't have the machines to run my footwear manufacturing company, or have been able to purchase the raw materials which we used for production. When I introduce myself at speaking events, I proudly announce that I'm a TEEP beneficiary.
I advice you to be patient, you will definitely get the funds.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Senatorsum: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
it's really sad to see this post.
Well, I will say different people different perspective.
Young entrepreneur, it is unfortunate that you had to go this far, even though I respect your right of freedom of speech, I am a success story of TEEP 2015 and my business has been rendering services(media) to this organization. If you don't know the state of things, asking TEF(Tony Elumelu Foundation), which I guess you would not know, would have been your best option. Their office is at Ikoyi and their email is functional. Posting this misleading information only lower your chances of getting ahead in life.
The world is watching and you and dancing to the wrong music. Think of your tomorrow, your children and generation to come, don't start digging your grave all because of your ignorance.
I wish I can get to meet with you to advise you more on life matters, because this path only leads to failure. Imagine if you are accused falsely for murdering someone, your guess is as good as mine.
Please tender an apology to the foundation asap and revert your post.

I wish you whatever you choose to wish yourself, either good or bad, just don't drag others along.

Steve.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by ojuinu: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
Angelmm:

I'm an Alumni of Tony Elumelu Foundation, My Interaction with the Foundation has paved way for me Internationally and enlarge my networj which I'm grateful for. Its of importance to mention that TEF is the Only African Philanthropist foundation that keeps its promises of helping young African Entrepreneurs.

Let me help you put the record straight, I'm really ashamed of your Ignorance

1. Nobody paid transport fee to boot-camp from their 'hard earned Money' Arrangement were made for transportation for all selected entrepreneurs that come outside Lagos. Air Ticket was issued to all my colleagues from other African Countries.

2. Tony Elumelu Foundation paid seed capital to all selected entrepreneurs, I recieved my seed capital including reimbursement of my transport fare because I came outside Lagos. seed capital for 2016 is presently under process

3. If you have any enquiries about the seed grant capital, the best way to address this is to find out from your colleagues or alumni you meet at the bootcamp. I think it sound so unprofessional, unfair and foolish of you to tarnish the TEEP Image, because of your selfish Interest.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by stagger: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Angelmm:

You need to be arrested and prosecuted. Every single entrepreneur from the 2015 branch was given $5000 and the next $5000 is already due for collection after satisfaction of the conditions. The 2016 set just had their boot camp 3 weeks ago and their money is being processed.

So where are you getting your information from?
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by kaboninc(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2016
Angelmm:

It is people like you who should be locked out of this world.. .for good. People like you think in a very s.lly way and bring your stupidity causing unnecessary tension everywhere.

Why can't you just do a little research? What would it cost you? And it will be a shame if you were one of those selected because it is glaring that you lack what it takes to become an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by kaboninc(m): 7:31am On Nov 25, 2016
[s]
africaatheart:

[/s]

Is it their money?
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by RukkyRenka(f): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2016
When I initially saw this post I was really angry and was getting ready to pick my dictionary to find the worst words to describe the originators of this post. But TEEP'15 aluminis av done a wonderful job in shutting their deflated brains. As a 2016 beneficiary I wud like to add my bit. It is true we av not been paid, however we were never promised payment by 14th of November. They said and I quote "do not expect payment earlier than 15th of Nov". For those that understand English, this does not mean we will get paid by 15th either. As an entrepreneur one of your stongets suites should patience. We only went for the forum less than a month ago we av been promised payment on or before 20th of January. To come out here and say such nasty things about the foundation is very heart breaking. Find your factsfacts right before making accusations. I am patiently waiting for my seed capital which I av been assured by an email this morning will come soon.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Livindust: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2016
As a 2016 beneficiary I am appalled by this attempt at maligning a good cause and individual. Firstly, the organisation has carried everyone along in the process. Payment comes after the bootcamp which just held late last month. To attempt to rubbish the integrity and purpose of the Tony Elumelu Foundation on a whim reveals a very malicious mindset.

Secondly, every individual on the platform has been trained and given access to network that is worth more than the promised seed grant. I have no doubt the poster is not a 2016 beneficiary, just a rabblerouser looking for cheap publicity.

On behalf of 2016 beneficiaries, I call on the moderator to take down this thread. It is libel.

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by email1(m): 9:15am On Nov 25, 2016
The silly post above shows the shallow mind of the obviously ignorant op. As a 2016 beneficiary, I would like to join my colleagues to school you. First, I have a feeling you are not a beneficiary and second you are bitter that you were not picked. Or maybe you are a hungry blogger who lost his job due to recession.

I'll give it to you that payments have not been made because of issues that you can't see and are obviously ignorant of but we have been carried along by the foundation. Mails are being sent outlining what we need to do as we progress. So for you to come to this public forum to water the good deeds of a good philanthropist is not only sad, it is criminal, derogatory, it is malicious and it is low. Watch it, you won't go far in life.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Beamborla(f): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2016
kaboninc:

It is people like you who should be locked out of this world.. .for good. People like you think in a very s.lly way and bring your stupidity causing unnecessary tension everywhere.

Why can't you just do a little research? What would it cost you? And it will be a shame if you were one of those selected because it is glaring that you lack what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Sadly, she is.

Don't even know what to write.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Angelmm:

What has Philanthropist Tony Elumelu done to you to deserve such harsh words from you. I am a proud TEEP 2016 beneficiary and I will tell it to the whole world that Uncle Tony is a great man and Africa needs such people as leaders. Tony Elumelu Foundation is building the next generation of rich African millionaires and there's nothing you can do about it.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by kaboninc(m): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2016
Beamborla:

Sadly, she is.

Don't even know what to write.

Sha leave am
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 25, 2016
God bless the Tony Elumelu Foundation.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by stagger: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
Has the OP's identity been revealed? We need to take this matter up.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Angelmm: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
Dear All,

Please ignore the earlier post on the subject. It was not originated by me (the bonafide owner of this ID), my account was hacked by some elements/individuals who did this for devilish reasons known to them alone.

We will get to the root of this, and anyone found wanting will face the wrath of law.

adenuga360:
interesting! I am observing Tony in 3D.. comments pls
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Angelmm: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
Dear All,

africaatheart:
I have met with 3 of the 2016 TEF entrepreneurs and they have been complaining how they were planning with the mindset that the money would be credited into their account since July as applied to 2015.

They were promised 14th November after the boot camp but the month is almost ended and yet the foundation has not come up to address them in their forum or even promise when to pay.
Re: Disclaimer: Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant !!! by Angelmm: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
Dear All,

Senatorsum:
it's really sad to see this post.
Well, I will say different people different perspective.
Young entrepreneur, it is unfortunate that you had to go this far, even though I respect your right of freedom of speech, I am a success story of TEEP 2015 and my business has been rendering services(media) to this organization. If you don't know the state of things, asking TEF(Tony Elumelu Foundation), which I guess you would not know, would have been your best option. Their office is at Ikoyi and their email is functional. Posting this misleading information only lower your chances of getting ahead in life.
The world is watching and you and dancing to the wrong music. Think of your tomorrow, your children and generation to come, don't start digging your grave all because of your ignorance.
I wish I can get to meet with you to advise you more on life matters, because this path only leads to failure. Imagine if you are accused falsely for murdering someone, your guess is as good as mine.
Please tender an apology to the foundation asap and revert your post.

I wish you whatever you choose to wish yourself, either good or bad, just don't drag others along.

Steve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Ican Tutorial Centre In Abuja Please / Skyrocket Your Career With This Skill(check It Out) / Difficulties In Being A Stamara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.