Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,807 members, 7,837,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (6320 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by felixomor: 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Oh shut it, go back to your bible please. Both atheists and deist think your religion is nonsense

Speak for yourself slow brain.
I saw Zuckerberg visiting the pope the other day.

I can see you are a bad P.R.O for atheism.

grin
Besides, deists are not foolish enough to assume their ancestors were evolved fishes with fish brains like yours.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
felixomor:

grin
Besides, deists are not foolish enough to assume their ancestors were evolved fishes with fish brains like yours.

I'm a slow brain but you're insulting evolution which you clearly don't understand. I'm not a pro, your arguments are just malicious.

Also it's an honour to meet the Pope, for the record I don't think religious=stupid but you and a number of theists here seem to enjoy foolishly attacking great science and then defend biblical pseudoscience.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by felixomor: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
LightandDarkness:

I'm a slow brain but you're insulting evolution which you clearly don't understand. I'm not a pro, your arguments are just malicious

Eiya sorry.
Next time, throw your punches properly.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Seun(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:
Because God is a being (living) and the universe is a thing (non-living). Living being creates non living thing.
What if I say that the universe is a living being, just like God? On that basis, would you accept that, like God, the universe needs no creator?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by damogul: 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

What if I say the universe is a living being, just like God? On that basis, would you accept that, like God, the living universe needs no creator?

Seun your attention is needed here for sake of witnessing

https://www.nairaland.com/3477844/christians-point-out-hardmirrors-lies/16#51359573
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Deicide: 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
At least you would begin to see the universe light and not that darkness Christianity has used to chain you for years...
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

What if I say that the universe is a living being, just like God? On that basis, would you accept that, like God, the universe needs no creator?

What if I say Nairaland is a living being, just like Seun? On that basis, would you accept that, like Seun, the living Nairaland needs no creator? grin

Of course, the answer is No!

2 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Seun(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:
... Nairaland ... Of course, the answer is No!
Please let's focus on what we are talking about. We are talking about God and the universe. You seem to not believe my claim that the universe is a living being, yet you believe that God is a living being. What evidence of God being a living being do you have, apart from "his creation"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
raphieMontella:

they love using deistic arguments for their cause...but forget the deists clearly believe their religion is pooooh

If anything deism is closer to atheism than theism. Deists believe in a non interventional god, if your God does nothing then he might as well not exis.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by ClitRaider: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
analice107:

make una leave me nah, make i no piss for my bodi.

We aint started yet!
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by jonbellion(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
raphieMontella:

they love using deistic arguments for their cause...but forget the deists clearly believe their religion is pooooh
I just don't understand these people
. There always want to eat thier cake and have it

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by jonbellion(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
felixomor:

grin
Besides, deists are not foolish enough to assume their ancestors were evolved fishes with fish brains.
what are you saying
There will obviously be diestic evolutionists as there are theistic evolutionists.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Seun(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
@onyenze123: Why don't you believe that the universe is a living entity which could have just existed without being created by another being? Afterall, you believe that God is a living being who just exists and wasn't created. Why can't you believe the same thing about the universe?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:
@onyenze123: Why don't you believe that the universe is a living entity which could have just existed without being created by another being? Afterall, you believe that God is a living being who just exists and wasn't created. Why can't you believe the same thing about the universe?

Even if the universe is eternal , it does not question the existence of God cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:
Hello, are you now a pantheist?

3 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Even if the universe is eternal , it does not question the existence of God cool
It might not question the 'existence' but it would mean the the god you serve is not the creator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

It might not question the 'existence' but it would mean the tod you serve is not the creator

Huh ?

https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Gift101(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

Because you haven't experience or witness the power of God live and direct with your eyes doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

I don't believe (the same thing about the universe) because the universe has limitations, God has no limits.

2 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
jonbellion:
what are you saying
There will obviously be diestic evolutionists as there are theistic evolutionists.
you should know that some persons have no sense
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
oyeneze123...what led to your deism?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
raphieMontella:
oyeneze123...what led to your deism?

...there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These havegenerated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions...

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by elskillful: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
proud to be a DEIST.

DEISM- "IN NATURE'S GOD WE TRUST"

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:

...there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These havegenerated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions...

Christianity is all about having a personal relationship with God , did you have any

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Christianity is all about having a personal relationship with God , did you have any

A personal relationship with a non existent entity you mean.
An unprovable God might as well not exist.

Deism is a great step forward Onyenze123. And I respect deists, they unlike the arrogant theist, don't believe God laid down a set of guidelines and rules for man to live by, things as trivial as what you do on Sundays, to what you eat or drink.

The theistic Gods are insults to human intelligence, why would a creator of the infinite universe, come down to help a nomadic tribe of desert dwellers kill and enslave other desert dwellers, why would a God create something and then tell you not to eat it, why would a God create you a certain way and then condemn you for it.
Deist simply believe in a creator and I can accept that.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lennycool:

A personal relationship with a non existent entity you mean.
An unprovable God might as well not exist.

Unprovable God ? You really need to watch the terms you use

Atheism is the conscious explicit rejection of God(s) . This means no matter how compelling the evidence is , you'll simply refuse to accept .

Deism is a great step forward Onyenze123. And I respect deists, they unlike the arrogant theist, don't believe God laid down a set of guidelines and rules for man to live by, things as trivial as what you do on Sundays, to what you eat or drink.The theistic Gods are insults to human intelligence, why would a creator of the infinite universe, come down to help a nomadic tribe of desert dwellers kill and enslave other desert dwellers, why would a God create something and then tell you not to eat it, why would a God create you a certain way and then condemn you for it.

Stop trying to overwhelm me with irrelevant questions .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by urheme: 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:
I have no problem with deism. Practically, it's not very different from atheism. I believe in "REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE" too.

says who
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by JuanDeDios: 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:
I have no problem with deism. Practically, it's not very different from atheism. I believe in "REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE" too.
No. Deism is fundamentally different from atheism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire / The Quaran And Jesus Christ / Is Tithe Collected Daily, Weekly, Monthly Or Yearly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.