Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation (33944 Views)

NAN'S Gives AE-FUNAI 7 Days To Refund Students Their 50k For Security Levy Or... / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! / Fed Poly Ilaro Hostel Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Lilac91: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by amokeme(f): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
I don't understand... is your room no not suppose to be on your portal immediately after the sch fee is paid? Are they bringing mattress from home too?? Hanahn.. I'm confused.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
DibuOjerinde:
that's how it should be. But here they don't do that. So that they can manipulate. Most people who get spaces dont even need them. They just want to sell for money.
I sold mine that year sha... grin
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
lol. University of Benin. very corrupt school. I've been lamenting since but now I can't lament no more. all I can say is that. "If a citadel of learning could thrive in such corruption, then the products of such societies are bound to be corrupt." Expect more and more corrupt people in the country. Useless school.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by adroitvezy(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
I thought the madness of using this manual process stopped, I remembered when this same scenario happened to me back then, I was sick for like one week after all the stress and struggle of getting hostel accommodation.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by icebot: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
Uniben is a shadow of itself. She is living on past glory. Nepotism and Favoritism has plagued the system. I agree with Madcow1, the school should be shut down because I cannot envisage anything good coming out from there....
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
fvcked country, universities be admitting students they cant cater for. someone somewhere is obviously consuming the money meant for building additional hostels.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by KingRex1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ebayray come and locate your bags grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by AlphaT1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
KillerBeauty:
This is terrible. This happens year after here. I experienced it when I was there. Before I decided to go off k.

This is the reason why I will never further my education in any Nigerian school.
Don't generalise pls. This doesn't happen in A.B.U Zaria. Once u pay ur school fees n accommodation fees (all online), u select ur hostel n room of choice online, print it n take it to the porters for endorsement. The hostels are opened on the 1st day of resumption and students are allowed to even stay in their former rooms to enable them complete the payment process, even though you can pay anywhere in the country in the comfort of ur home and even pick a room before making ur journey to campus.
You have the opportunity to pair with ur friends if u like. There are rooms for 1, 2, 4, or 6 occupants depending on ur level and the hostel. You don't need to know anybody to get a space, it's on first Come first serve basis. Once you pay ur fees early when the rooms are available and u select one, u are good to go.....

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by AlphaT1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
This doesn't happen in A.B.U Zaria. Once u pay ur school fees n accommodation fees (all online), u select ur hostel n room of choice online, print it n take it to the porters for endorsement. The hostels are opened on the 1st day of resumption and students are allowed to even stay in their former rooms to enable them complete the payment process, even though you can pay anywhere in the country in the comfort of ur home and even pick a room before making ur journey to campus.
You have the opportunity to pair with ur friends if u like. There are rooms for 1, 2, 4, or 6 occupants depending on ur level and the hostel. You don't need to know anybody to get a space, it's on first Come first serve basis. Once you pay ur fees early when the rooms are available and u select one, u are good to go.....
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by optional1(f): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
DibuOjerinde:
guys too. I'd upload more pictures but posting pictures here is a tad difficult

majority of female students has this hostel accommodation problem unlike guys......
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by KillerBeauty(f): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
AlphaT1:

Don't generalise pls. This doesn't happen in A.B.U Zaria. Once u pay ur school fees n accommodation fees (all online), u select ur hostel n room of choice online, print it n take it to the porters for endorsement. The hostels are opened on the 1st day of resumption and students are allowed to even stay in their former rooms to enable them complete the payment process, even though you can pay anywhere in the country in the comfort of ur home and even pick a room before making ur journey to campus.

That's how its suppose to be but uniben will not learn.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by pxjosh(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bro this menace is very annoying. Right from my 200l I've always struggled to secure hostel space. We've always been told that getting space in final year is easier.

Now am in my finals and am still waiting for hostel space. Quite frustrating
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by DibuOjerinde(m): 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
AlphaT1:
This doesn't happen in A.B.U Zaria. Once u pay ur school fees n accommodation fees (all online), u select ur hostel n room of choice online, print it n take it to the porters for endorsement. The hostels are opened on the 1st day of resumption and students are allowed to even stay in their former rooms to enable them complete the payment process, even though you can pay anywhere in the country in the comfort of ur home and even pick a room before making ur journey to campus.
You
have the opportunity to pair with ur friends if u like. There are rooms for 1, 2, 4, or 6 occupants depending on ur level and the hostel. You don't need to know anybody to get a space, it's on first Come first serve basis. Once you pay ur fees early when the rooms are available and u select one, u are good to go.....
I don't think it'd be hard for uniben to try this style. but of course it won't since most people are looking to make money from the process . It is commendable, the style that ABU has employed. For most UNIBEN students,that happens only in America .

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
EternalTruth:
gosh! what about students like me that'll be coming from a far away state?
Why not get an off campus accommodation on www.studacom.ng?
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by GbovoLee(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
Sandydayziz:
This is disheartening... Just when I was bout to say AAU's worse...
try clearing igbinedion..u would knw this one is nothing
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Mayflowa(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
Oyiboman69:
After all the suffer in school,one's chances of getting a job is very very slim. Useless country undecided undecided
Befor I go forget...my people, na me first reach here oo.

Who is going to create the jobs? It has to be you and me. That is why entrepreneurial course is now compulsory in school. You have to develop a start up and employ others likewise. That is the essence of education.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Blogtrovert(f): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
Survival of the fittest...
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingRex1:
Ebayray come and locate your bags grin

Hehe grin grin grin.
Rexy, I'm coming from home.
But yesterday twasnt funny oh. I pitied my friends under the hot sun. Chai, uniben embarassed.
Lol, some people denied deir mattresses ehn, you know all dose dead ones dat rat has damaged beyond control cheesy.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
Cc: Sermwell. MrWhaley.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Ksslib(m): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
Unfortunately, this stupidity and corruption on the part of the school authority has no sign of withering anytime soon. I've always wondered why Uniben will allow school to fully resume before hostel application begins within the same period when students ought to have fully settled into academic activities .

Why one will pay 1450 online without any guarantee of being allocated a space? Why one doesn't get allocated a space immediately after paying the money online? The worst part is: there's no refund if at the end you get nothing. You just pay the cash in blind faith. .. fffuckatrds.

Corruption has eaten deep into the system, an academic institution for that matter. It shall not be well with those bastardds. May their entire miserable existence be plagued with series of unfortunate events. This hostel brouhaha has affected many badly, but does the school authority cares? Nope!

Those of you saying "rent a space off campus" should chill. Not everybody applying for hostel space has financial challenges, it's just that there are benefits that come with staying inside school that even the best off-campus duplex cannot offer.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Rawblings(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
I pitied them yesterday. Uniben sun got no joy
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by KingRex1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ebayray:

Hehe grin grin grin.
Rexy, I'm coming from home.
But yesterday twasnt funny oh. I pitied my friends under the hot sun. Chai, uniben embarassed.
Lol, some people denied deir mattresses ehn, you know all dose dead ones dat rat has damaged beyond control cheesy.
This got me laffn.. You should have housed some people na

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by financialpowa: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
That pix is not Uniben
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
hmm children of low earners.God will see u through and me.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by MizMyColi(f): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
Seeing those halls of residence make me feel nostalgic.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Garshy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
Cheii...this is bad..thatd why off campus is always better angry angry
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Sandydayziz(f): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
GbovoLee:
try clearing igbinedion..u would knw this one is nothing
Really? That's why I'd neva stay in a hostel
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingRex1:
This got me laffn.. You should have housed some people na

Lolz house kini? I p o cheesy.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Lilac91: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by bezimo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
That doesn't look like front of Hall 2 hostel in Uniben

Hope this news is not fake.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nognome(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
God save Nigeria, God save us all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim, Hauwa & Eman Indimi Graduate With MBAs From Lynn University (Photos) / How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year / Download Over 836 NOUN Exam Past Questions - All For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.