Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation (33880 Views)

NAN'S Gives AE-FUNAI 7 Days To Refund Students Their 50k For Security Levy Or... / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! / Fed Poly Ilaro Hostel Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by DibuOjerinde(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
You'd think that a university as old as UNIBEN would have mastered its act and learnt from its past mistakes right? well that is not the case at all actually. the picture below shows students outside hall 2, a girls' hostel, throats dry from the sun kissing them right on the head as they waited to enter the hostel. I'll tell you why this has become a reoccurring event.

UNIBEN doesn't start it's hostel application early enough. it waits until the start of a new session before starting its bed allocation process. It is thus forced to provide temporary accommodation for students. Girls are sent to hall 4(a Boys' hostel) and guys sent to hall 2(a girls'hostel) and then ask everyone out when it has finished allocating bed spaces.
So girls move out for guys who were allocated spaces to occupy the hostel and vice versa. That's what's going on in the attached pictures.

Now, coupled with the fact that it doesn't start its application early, the process is riddled with so much corruption. Only those who have connections in high places are sure of anything. Most times people end up stranded, without accommodation due to the transparency lacking in the process.

More shocking, laughable actually, is the fact that this application is done online. But you don't get allocated a bed immediately after applying online. Why? then they wouldn't be able to manipulate the process now, would they? so you have to wait for a list to be pasted showing the names of those allocated bed spaces.

Well, students were asked out of temporary accommodation after pasting just a few lists.
did i mention this happens every year?

UNIBEN! maybe age doesn't equal wisdom after all
hmm it's been a long day. I must sleep now.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Oyiboman69: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
After all the suffer in school,one's chances of getting a job is very very slim. Useless country undecided undecided
Befor I go forget...my people, na me first reach here oo.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
Madcow.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Theyveedo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
Naija
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Vision4God: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
undecided
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by EternalTruth: 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
gosh! what about students like me that'll be coming from a far away state?

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
DibuOjerinde:
You'd think that a university as old as UNIBEN would have mastered its act and learnt from its past mistakes right? well that is not the case at all actually. the picture below shows students outside hall 2, a girls' hostel, throats dry from the sun kissing them right on the head as they waited to enter the hostel. I'll tell you why this has become a reoccurring event.

UNIBEN doesn't start it's hostel application early enough. it waits until the start of a new session before starting its bed allocation process. It is thus forced to provide temporary accommodation for students. Girls are sent to hall 4(a Boys' hostel) and guys sent to hall 2(a girls'hostel) and then ask everyone out when it has finished allocating bed spaces.
So girls move out for guys who were allocated spaces to occupy the hostel and vice versa. That's what's going on in the attached pictures.

Now, coupled with the fact that it doesn't start its application early, the process is riddled with so much corruption. Only those who have connections in high places are sure of anything. Most times people end up stranded, without accommodation due to the transparency lacking in the process.

More shocking, laughable actually, is the fact that this application is done online. But you don't get allocated a bed immediately after applying online. Why? then they wouldn't be able to manipulate the process now, would they? so you have to wait for a list to be pasted showing the names of those allocated bed spaces.

Well, students were asked out of temporary accommodation after pasting just a few lists.
cc: lalasticlala

poor Dibu sad
I was once in your shoes.
They don't care because they've made you accept on many facets that probable hostel allocation to you is a privilege and not a right..... simply put; you're their bit ches
please endeavor to rent an apartment somewhere on/off campus to avoid getting caught in this messy cycle every year.
I heard NDDC hostel is cozy and free from such

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Emmzie(m): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
No b small thing ohh...
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by UnlimitedIfex(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Sumtimz old age don't cum wit wisdom bt wit stupidity. c d way d student arrange their load like car park...lol

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by dauddy97(m): 5:21am On Nov 26, 2016
haba, students aren't supposed to be treated like this!!!
No tell me say the VC has seen this

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2016
It is heart breaking. My sister applied the very first day it started but wasn't allocated a space but someone that applied a week later got and the person in question doesn't want to stay in the hostel. Now she's willing to sale her space for 40k. Something she cleared wit 8k. Wicked country.

7 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2016
DibuOjerinde:

cc: lalasticlala

It is heart breaking. My sister applied the very first day it started but wasn't allocated a space but someone that applied a week later got and the person in question doesn't want to stay in the hostel. Now she's willing to sale her space for 40k. Something she cleared wit 8k. Wicked country.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by DibuOjerinde(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2016
Richiez , olawalebabs , Fynestboi front page please. I need the world to see this. Maybe UNIBEN will change -_-

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by DibuOjerinde(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2016
Uzoraustin:

that's even cheap unless it's not corner A or B most girls sell for between 50-60k .

Another shocking revelation. lecturers and other staff get spaces for students in agreement that these students will sell these spaces and then give half of the profit to the lecturer/staff

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by lacruz12(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2016
OP why you no go hall iv go snap dem boiz

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Sandydayziz(f): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2016
This is disheartening... Just when I was bout to say AAU's worse...

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by KillerBeauty(f): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2016
This is terrible. This happens year after here. I experienced it when I was there. Before I decided to go off k.

This is the reason why I will never further my education in any Nigerian school.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Ekehwinz: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2016
Final year students are no more guaranteed a bed space, they collect online application fee of 1450 and yet wont allocate any space to you and wont refund after. Something have to be done to nip these corrupt practices in uniben. The school was not like this in the past 5yrears. Its been 2months after resumption and students are not yet settled.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by DibuOjerinde(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2016
lalasticlala seun FrontPage please
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Icecomrade: 11:45am On Nov 26, 2016
Lolz
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2016
Oops... This is bad and condemnable

For a school as prestigious as UNIBEN.....
angry
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by hemartins(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2016
I thought all these would have stopped by now.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by serverconnect(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2016
CHAI SUFFER FOR NAIJA HOSTEL
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by davibid: 11:47am On Nov 26, 2016
Most everything in Nigeria always be odd

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by henrydadon(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2016
sad
this is disheartening and of course the government are not aware of what happening because their children dont school there..if they school there, they would be able to bring this to their attention ..but no..if it not newyork university..it will be harvard

[img]http://i./14wpoxlfGiJOTK.gif[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by laurel03(m): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2016
seriously Nigeria is zoo as dt biafra man dey call the country...
The only that works in ds country is CORRUPTION
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by EternalTruth: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2016
so bad.
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by noble71(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2016
for 9ja every thing na hustle. nawao
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by Hades2016(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2016
Things go miss here wella undecided
Re: UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation by nitt: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Our wickedness drives the sorry state of our society.
Nigeria will never meet its peers in development and progress.
#fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair / 311 Not The Highest Jamb 2018 Score; A Blogger Scored 337 / Meet AAA Atayero Family, Wife, Sons, Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.