Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Why Are Poems/poetry Ignored In This Section? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Are Poems/poetry Ignored In This Section? (599 Views)

Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year(2019)- Poetry Included-- Voting Closed / Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? / Which Character Do You Miss Reading About From Stories In This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Poems/poetry Ignored In This Section? by Switup: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
i wish to air my view regarding the way poets are treated here. i have noticed that wen a poem is posted it barely gets up to 500views and if it eventually does, basically no one is interested in commending the poetry or giving likes. for loves sake we are writers too. we sit, think and think some more before getting sth scribbled. its quite disheartening though. pls fellow nairalanders show us some love. read our poems, comment on our poems, give likes to our poems like u do to prose writers. it would solely be appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Poems/poetry Ignored In This Section? by WizBLANCE(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Poem means alto to the writer but in most case the reader who finds it difficult understanding the point you are trying to convey may find it difficult commenting. If my words counts, i will suggest that after giving us piece of your poem try explaining it. Who knows it may drive the reader into that state you were when writing the poem. I know this much because i write too and when i share my work with friends they end up asking me to explain it... It is annoying though but the only joy is the smile that play on my lips when they finally understand my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Poems/poetry Ignored In This Section? by Switup: 12:53am On Jan 19, 2017
WizBLANCE:
Poem means alto to the writer but in most case the reader who finds it difficult understanding the point you are trying to convey may find it difficult commenting. If my words counts, i will suggest that after giving us piece of your poem try explaining it. Who knows it may drive the reader into that state you were when writing the poem. I know this much because i write too and when i share my work with friends they end up asking me to explain it... It is annoying though but the only joy is the smile that play on my lips when they finally understand my point.
finally a response. Thanx u explained alot.

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do With My Manuscript / Conspiracy / Secret Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.