Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

About National Board Of Architects - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / About National Board Of Architects (908 Views)

Anambra State Board Of Internal Revenue Seals All The UBA Bank In The State. / Certified Board Of Administrators Of Nigeria Honors Dr Hamilton / Trend For Architects, Photographers And Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About National Board Of Architects by katanagirl08: 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Im currently about the serve in NYSC this year. I studied architecture abroad. I have ppl telling me there's no need to do NYSC at the moment bcuz I haven't gotten my masters degree or registered with the Board.
Is this true? Im very confused at the moment, can someone explain more about this in depth?
Re: About National Board Of Architects by ogtavia(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
I am an architect,studied in Nigeria though,did my first and second degree concurrently...afterwards NYSC....now...this is the flow in Nigeria...first u get a degree from any good school of architecture in Nigeria,if after ur first degree you apply for ur second degree that's ur masters' degree so to speak,and ur application is granted,then and only then can u continue ur studies without Nysc..afterwards you then go for NYSc

Now ...you have a foreign certificate,it would have been better if you had ur second degree before returning to Nigeria for NYSC...as you don't av it now,you will have to go for NYSC..cos the NYSC discharge certificate is a very important requirement for employment in Nigeria,after ur NYSC is done...you can go for ur second degree,full practice.....u are free as a bird..

Conversely...you can't apply for a second degree in architecture without NYSC,all schools of Architecture in Nigeria will ask for it before you get admitted...the major reason why it's preferable to get a masters degree in architecture before going for NYSC is to enable you write the PPCE exam without having to go through stages 1 and 2....

as it is now...you can apply to NIA to become a graduate member ...i.e..a graduate architect...After ur masters' degree you qualify to become an associate architect...when you finally write the PPCE exam and pass,then you qualify to get registered as a full architect...or become a registered architect with powers to check,seal and approve drawings....

All the best..
Re: About National Board Of Architects by katanagirl08: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
ogtavia:
I am an architect,studied in Nigeria though,did my first and second degree concurrently...afterwards NYSC....now...this is the flow in Nigeria...first u get a degree from any good school of architecture in Nigeria,if after ur first degree you apply for ur second degree that's ur masters' degree so to speak,and ur application is granted,then and only then can u continue ur studies without Nysc..afterwards you then go for NYSc

Now ...you have a foreign certificate,it would have been better if you had ur second degree before returning to Nigeria for NYSC...as you don't av it now,you will have to go for NYSC..cos the NYSC discharge certificate is a very important requirement for employment in Nigeria,after ur NYSC is done...you can go for ur second degree,full practice.....u are free as a bird..

Conversely...you can't apply for a second degree in architecture without NYSC,all schools of Architecture in Nigeria will ask for it before you get admitted...the major reason why it's preferable to get a masters degree in architecture before going for NYSC is to enable you write the PPCE exam without having to go through stages 1 and 2....

as it is now...you can apply to NIA to become a graduate member ...i.e..a graduate architect...After ur masters' degree you qualify to become an associate architect...when you finally write the PPCE exam and pass,then you qualify to get registered as a full architect...or become a registered architect with powers to check,seal and approve drawings....

All the best..

Thanks, this really helped...although im not planning on doing my masters in naija either. Here's my plan: NYSC first...then depending on how ways of the world go (exam results, visa application, acceptance etc), its off to Masters...if not i get a minor job, be a drafting assistant, 3d modeler whatever for at least a year before moving on to masters....once that's done i can face NIA head-on.
Howz that?
Re: About National Board Of Architects by ogtavia(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
katanagirl08:

Thanks, this really helped...although im not planning on doing my masters in naija either. Here's my plan: NYSC first...then depending on how ways of the world go (exam results, visa application, acceptance etc), its off to Masters...if not i get a minor job, be a drafting assistant, 3d modeler whatever for at least a year before moving on to masters....once that's done i can face NIA head-on.
Howz that?
errhmm...NYSC now...check...masters later...check obviously...Get a job in the interim before foreign masters works out...also..check....when that's done...face NIA...check...

well...yeah..sounds like a plan...a solid plan...

All the best..

(1) (Reply)

See The Most Search Mobile Phones In 2016 As Released By Google (Pic) / Nycon / Etisalat Please Wake Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.