Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,571 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:15 PM

Important Tips About NDA AFSB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Important Tips About NDA AFSB (21889 Views)

List Of Successful Candidates For NDA AFSB Interview From Benue / List Of Successful Candidates For NDA AFSB Interview From Akwa Ibom State / Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) Releases AFSB Screening List (view List Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Tips About NDA AFSB by ritzybaby(f): 4:15am On Nov 27, 2016
*Important Tips About NDA AFSB*
It all depend on Boldness and great Confidence for one to make the Nigerian Defence Academy Armed Forces Selection Board. My dear Fellow citizens please try and follow these steps below that am about to List out. if you are truly determine to Pass NDA AFSB.But Befor I do that Let me Give you a little guard line on how to go about NDAEE(Nigerian Defence Academy Entrance Examination). Get an NDA compendium, try and study from 2000 to 2015 and ensure you back up your study with text book. Do not waste your time in one question but ensure you answer all the questions before leaving the hall. Then Lastly know your current affair (For PSDS). Please Note this: what am about to tell you now is base on Experience and also from other informations I gathered when I was fighting to gain ADMISSION into NDA. I tried it in 66rc, 67rc and Lastly was 68rc which I finally succeeded.My Chest No. Was ED14 in 67rc and ED43 in 68rc. You can confirm that if you are doubting me. So whatever I tell you will be very helpful to you aslong as NDA AFSB is concern.

Now these are the steps to Follow:
1. Make sure you go for medical check up befor applying for NDA in order to know if you are medically fit enough and incase you have a critical medical problem so that there will be enough time for you to treat it before going for AFSB. NOTE: No miracle On earth can ever Happen to you when you are not Medically fit even if you have the strongest godfather on earth. Medical screening in NDA AFSB is one of the toughest and Deadly part during the selection because it can eliminate or disqualify almost a full state. As we go further, I will give you the break down of the test been conducted out there.
2. Immediately after your NDA Entrance Exam start doing some physical Exercises such as push up, sit up, pull up, this pull up will help you alot because it will enable you to carry your weight when climbing the Last rope during the individual Obstacle Crossing. Also start jogging immediately, try and increase your speed when jogging, establish a particular pace or a constant pace which you can start with and also endup with without stopping or gassing out during the race.NOTE: don't be too fast or too Slow when jogging, just maintain a constant speed. The importance of this race is to control your breathing habit and also build your Endurance Spirit.If you don't like running you better start it now unless you want to apply again.
3. Start reading current affairs, try and know whats going around the World, Study much about your state, Known the names of governors in Nigeria and also solving some basic mathematics problems such as LCF,HCF,Simplification, factorization etc. This will really help you in your APPITUDE TEST and also for those applying for Engineering Courses, Computer science, physics and Mathematics solve alot of basic mathematical problems because you will solve some maths problems before facing the Board.
4. Stop Every Drugs That you Have been Taking, quit Smoking, Alcoholic Drink and Make Sure you Always Drink alot of water in order to filter every Toxic substances from your body especially if you have been Taking Drugs alot.
5. Make sure all your Credentials are correct and Complete. You will blame yourself if You are disqualified because of your Credentials.
6. Buy all the Necessary Items required For the interview. It is better you go with extra items incase you misplace or Damage anyone of them. When going for Afsb, ensure you go with provisions such as: Tea, Milk, Cornflakes, biscuit etc. It is Allowed. Don't go and be acting like a don there. Its all about yourself alone to make it not others(Na Only You Waka Come)

REPORTING FOR AFSB

Stage1(REGISTRATION)
On Arrival for The Afsb, candidate will be Searched. Phones, Sharp object, and other Devices will be Searched for. Make sure you don't go in With your phone otherswise it will be condemned in front of your very eyes. But if you are smart enough you can smugle it in(but its not Advisable). After the Searching Operation is Concluded. You will be asked to say your name then the NDA officials who are incharge of Candidates Registration for AFSB will have to check for your name if truly your name was shortlisted. After that you will be given a Chest number which occurs according to how your name appears on The Exam List. It will be counted backwardly, Mine appeared in no.8 on the List so Automatically my chest no. Was ED43 .This Chest number will be your Identity. Your name Will be your chest number as long as NDA AFSB is concern(LoL) funny right?.. Then After The Registration, you will be marched to the Drill Shed where Credentials Screening and Assessment will take place Immediately.
Stage 2(CREDENTIALS SCREENING)
Your Neco or Waec Scratch Card will be collected from you while if you don't have, you will pay an amount of money for the Card. Then you will be issued a form to fill. You will have to write your name, your Waec or Neco Exam no., the grade you have in your certificate, your Age, your jamb registration no. Etc. After writting it, you will then submit it along side with your duplicated Certificates to AFSB staff in charge of your state. Make sure all your certificates is complete and All your information provided are correct because this is where your Screening starts from.
All your certificates and details from the day you reported will be documented in a special file which will later be passed on to the boardmen if you eventually scale through all the elimination stages. Then the Credentials Screening Result will be called after some days. So those found guilty with their Certificates will be sent Home..
Stage3(PYSCHOLOGICAL TEST)
Formally, Medical test usually comes immediately after Credentials or certificates Screening but this time around it was changed. This psychological test has to do with your reasoning and ability to think fast and have a good calculation of something. You will be provided with shapes, Lines, pictures to Analyze and Arranged. You will also be faced with some personal questions. The questions is all about yourself. Give them an answer that suits your status otherwise your Arm of service might be change or even your course of study because this is where they want to know who you really are.I was given NA instead Of NN which I also thank God For. I knew I will be Given NA after an Officer told us the reason for the Psychological Test.(Lol. I was Like.... OMG!!! Armmyy!! On point oo). This test is very easy but very easy to fail and be confused. Try and read the questions, analyze the shapes and Lines and understand them before you give your answers.
Stage4(MEDICAL TEST)*LAST ELIMINATION STAGE* AKA THE ALMIGHTY REMOVAL
a.The B.P Test(Blood Pressure)
The first Stage of the medical screening my state did in this 68rc was B.P(Blood Pressure). This stage seems easy and simple but it can easily eliminate almost a full state. Try and keep your heart calm, avoid thinking much especially from the day you report for AFSB. This B.P test disqualified alot of candidates in this 68rc.
b. Height And Weight
This is another simple but a Technical stage of the Afsb Medical test. This is where your Height and Weight will be checked. If you fall short of the requirement you will be disqualified. Alot of candidates were disqualified also because of Height and Weight. This Height and Weight is use to calculate your BMI(Body Mass Index)
The minimum requirment of height for Boys is 1.68m while for girls is 1.50m.
c. Dental Examination
This is the stage where your teeth will be examined to see if it is fautly and properly Arranged. Your teeth wil also be examined to know if it is infected
d. Eye Test
This is the stage where your Eyes will be tested to know if you have any Eye problem. You will be tested for Colour Blindness, long sightedness And Short sightedness. Ensure you read whatever later they ask you to read very very well. Call the alphabet you see very loud. Don't allow fear to deprive you of your success.
e. Physical Medical check up
This is the stage where you will be strip naked, your bal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by JOOHEL: 5:13am On Nov 27, 2016
pls continue..
I'm following u boss
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 27, 2016
this is so true....ECG tooo...i was present at 67th OS39
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
wow,you are from osun,which part of osun are you from?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by emmycool44: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
clown 19 days to go izza clear. meanwhile u in which battalion, feel free iz not culpritship am ur roommate iz za clear nd Hus is ur 3rd tama

1 Like

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
timmykaydude:
wow,you are from osun,which part of osun are you from?
lol..do you knw me? shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
lol..do you knw me? shocked cool
not really,wouldn't it be nice to know you better.

1 Like

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 3:07am On Dec 09, 2016
emmycool44:
clown 19 days to go izza clear. meanwhile u in which battalion, feel free iz not culpritship am ur roommate iz za clear nd Hus is ur 3rd tama
officer e.ojilly

1 Like

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 3:09am On Dec 09, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
hello,how are you?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
timmykaydude:
hello,how are you?
hi, i'm good
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by justiniyke29: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
What is the maximum age
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by gentleman100(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
...And don't hope to be admitted without a strong earthly godfather. They even give answers to some during Entrance Exams, PureNonsense! I have been there and I know the TRASH they do. The military is as corrupt as the civilian. Before you quote me, mind you I'm not saying this because I wasn't admitted, "it's the truth". A few get the chance to visit US military academy, they fail to learn that seniors over their don't punish junior ones the way they do in NDA, yet those guys in US military academy are far better than them. I will rather live my gentle civilian life than sell my peace to Nigeria military and later get accustom to brutalising civilians as if they are the source of the hard traning I went through. #Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
booked!
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by SEEDORF441(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pls cum and continue wot u ave started.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
UniQuegrACE:
hi, i'm good
I'll take that as you being my first female friend here..nice meeting you here.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
justiniyke29:
What is the maximum age
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
gentleman100:
...And don't hope to be admitted without a strong earthly godfather. They even give answers to some during Entrance Exams, PureNonsense! I have been there and I know the TRASH they do. The military is as corrupt as the civilian. Before you quote me, mind you I'm not saying this because I wasn't admitted, "it's the truth". A few get the chance to visit US military academy, they fail to learn that seniors over their don't punish junior ones the way they do in NDA, yet those guys in US military academy are far better than them. I will rather live my gentle civilian life than sell my peace to Nigeria military and later get accustom to brutalising civilians as if they are the source of the hard traning I went through. #Nonsense!
mr man,u have a problem! fine we know that there is godfather so what do you want us to derive now,u just want to discourage pple,moreover if d us military academy is better then go and apply,why did you apply to nda instead of us military academy,stop discouraging people!!
Note:- there is no harm in trying.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nahdeh: 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
My friend will be 21 next year january is he still eligible for apllication
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nahdeh:
My friend will be 21 next year january is he still eligible for apllication
he can try,it depends on d board.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by paulousguy(m): 4:29am On Jan 27, 2017
please I wanna know the usefulness of a medical check up result from a general hospital when we go for AFSB....
Can it help there?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by paulousguy(m): 6:02am On Jan 27, 2017
will I need to upload wAec cert, primary sch testimonial, jss and sss cert during registration. for ndaee?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
hi, i'm good
hi,longest time and happy valentine,do you have the nda compedium or which book do you read during 67rc?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
paulousguy:
please I wanna know the usefulness of a medical check up result from a general hospital when we go for AFSB....
Can it help there?
it will help you know the status of your health but medical results from outside are not allowed.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
timmykaydude:
hi,longest time and happy valentine,do you have the nda compedium or which book do you read during 67rc?
yes,i do, You want it?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
yes,i do, You want it?
yes sure,thanks..my sister is in oau,so it will be easy to hookup with you,how do you want to go about it?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
timmykaydude:
yes sure,thanks..my sister is in oau,so it will be easy to hookup with you,how do you want to go about it?
unfortunately the book is in IB,but when is the exam ??
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
unfortunately the book is in IB,but when is the exam ??
april 22nd,I guess you will be available by june or december cos am also not in ibadan,maybe I'll suspend it for next year then.
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 19, 2017
timmykaydude:
april 22nd,I guess you will be available by june or december cos am also not in ibadan,maybe I'll suspend it for next year then.
you.mean you ain't writing for this year is age gonna be on your side??
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
yes,i do, You want it?
where in ibadan do you stay?
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2017
timmykaydude:
where in ibadan do you stay?
ringroad ,you
Re: Important Tips About NDA AFSB by timmykaydude: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
ringroad ,you
iyana-church,off iwo road...mind whatsapp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

ESUT Returns To Its Original Multi-campus Structure / Nigerian Man Honored In An American University For Graduating Excellently.Photos / Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.