Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Can I Refuse The Call Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Refuse The Call Of God? (12388 Views)

I Refuse To Be Oppressed By Witches/They are powerless / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
awwwwn dats so cute kiss
I think right now Seun should be relegated to the rank of Assistant Boifwend,what d'you think? wink
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

I think right now Seun should be relegated to the rank of Assistant Boifwend,what d'you think? wink

naaaaa Seun is still number one, u r still on the consideration list... grin
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
obataokenwa:
from small I've always been told I will be a man of God. I remember one day I was coming back from secondary school, a small girl of about ten years turn and told me I will be a pastor. one time I was sick to the point of death and a woman I didn't know came from far and delivered me. after which she told me I will be a great man of God or else I should watch I won't succeed in all I do. till today I don try my best after school to no avail. in 2014, Pastor David Ibiyeomie, during ministration told me that God want to use me. I don pray to wanting to hear from God directly to know if I'm called and I heard him clearly for the first time that why am I in a haste. throughout last year I was doing the work of God. in my dreams, I've seen all I will do if I have the power of God. presently, I do tell people things through the word of knowledge and it will just be true and it surprises me and it has helped most of them to draw closer to God. I've always told God that I'm ready in case he wants to send me now. all my thinking is about God. etc. please I also need advice from only experienced men of God and not any atheist or men of low understanding about God to tell me otherwise. Thank you
God be praised bro..
Hallelujah
I am Happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by fkdmods: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:
Can I Refuse The Call of God?

On Black Friday, I ordered a Syinix Blender from Jumia and it was delivered yesterday. During the process of receiving the delivery, the delivery man spoke to me about a recurring discuss I have been spoken to about for almost 3 years.

He said, while I was signing, God spoke to him that I should be a Pastor of sheeps in his vineyard.

This does not in anyway seem strange to my hears although,

1) He was a delivery man
2) He does not even know me

These two reasons made me confused and decided to ask Nairalanders

Can I refuse this call that has been on my head for about 3 years now?

I'll appreciate your responses Nairalanders

Thanks

And miss the chance to be a millionaire? You must be crazy.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
grin Nairaland is full of craze ppl, see advice from left right and centre.
See my guy, it is true God calls people, no doubt but he doesn't call people by only sending people to him. He may send ppl but He will speak to you too if He really needs you. If you are a true child of God. No shaking He will speak to you. And untill then don't go anywhere or start anything because if you do anyhow , you go see anyhow.

If God doesn't speak to you gangan directly, then He is not the one talking, Satan is using the mouth of those coming to you, it doesn't matter if they are 1,000.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by obataokenwa(m): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
Rjasan:
God be praised bro..
Hallelujah
I am Happy for you.
why are you happy for me. is costing me my thinking. I need advice on what to do. I don't want to call myself even though I know that God has been training me about something's. but am I really called?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
naaaaa Seun is still number one, u r still on the consideration list... grin
Habatically! consideration list??

*faints*
*wakes up*
*faints again*

#whyevils
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by bezimo(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:

On Black Friday, I ordered a Syinix Blender from Jumia and it was delivered yesterday. During the process of receiving the delivery, the delivery man spoke to me about a recurring discuss I have been spoken to about for almost 3 years.

He said, while I was signing, God spoke to him that I should be a Pastor of sheeps in his vineyard.

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks

It means your destiny in life is to preach and pastor Gods people.Most times folks usually dont want to obey, I assure you the great men of God in Nigeria were reluctant to obey that call.Its a privilege to be called for that special assignment.

However if you choose to be obstinate, heaven may choose to frustrate all your other endeavours until you accept that call. If you prove to be too stubborn and miss devine timing, God might call another person to fulfill your devine assignment which has grave implications.Its happened before.
For instance, the great Kathryn kulman was told by God that she was fulfilling another man's call after she complained of been tired.

God can say since he has refused to fulfill my call, why then should he still be living.

NB. Don't be like Jonah who ran away from a devine call to go preach and ended up inside the belly of a whale for 3 days
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

Habatically! consideration list??

*faints*
*wakes up*
*faints again*

#whyevils
lolx, *pours cold water on him*
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
obataokenwa:
why are you happy for me. is costing me my thinking. I need advice on what to do. I don't want to call myself even though I know that God has been training me about something's. but am I really called?
hmm bro
I believe you will get answers to this questions soon.
Just keep on serving God bro.

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
The call of God is not something you delay or play with.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
lolx, *pours cold water on him*
*wakes up confused*

*clears throat*

*Then asks*

In Buhari's voice:
How many of zem are on ze conzideration list?
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

*wakes up confused*

*clears throat*

*Then asks*

In Buhari's voice:
How many of zem are on ze consideration list?
lol, can't say...
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Awesome01(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yes. You can. if the call is true. and not you calling yourself as a result of some spiritual gifts or talents you possess.

However, if you reject the call, be ready to face the consequences.

I did reject same repeatedly since 1992 and I have suffered greatly for it.

I am now ready to ready to answer but God has moved on. I am still struggling to get his attention back.

But before making up your mind whether to heed the call or not. You need to confirm if the call is really from God and what he is really calling you to do? How? By fasting and praying, while listening patiently and waiting for his response.

Many are called to be Aaron or Mariam, but misconstrued their call trying to be a Moses.

May God lead you right. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by lepasharon(f): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
& I sense sarcasm
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by HARDDON: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
TeeFeh:
how do one even know whether the calling is real or not,people talk rubbish sometimes tho

You will know tru so many means. U cant miss it.

@ op, sure u can refuse God's call , just like a car can dictate to its manfactural what its role it!

U fulfilment , joy , peace ,fame n magnum wealth lies within d ambient of wat u were designed to accomplish here on earth.
Walking in line with that, makes u enjoy sweatless sweet life.
"He has made us Kings n Priests unto Our God."

Only two categories of calls: Kings calls (presidents , captain of industries etc)

N

Priests call; these r meant to feed his sheep ( the church) these set are d mouth piece of God on earth. These set basically controls d affairs of earth

Dont suffer like Jonah , for d longer u delay, the more stress u go tru.

This is what you should do next:

1) Ask God for forgiveness for having Delayed so long n ask d Holy Spirit to lead u to a bible school

2) attand a bible school in a practical bible bliving church with undenyable proofs( Some of them are: Redeemed, Living Faith, Salvation Ministries etc)
You need to learn what it takes .

May God guild u, but do that d more u delay, souls God is meant to touch tru u are dying daily.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
lol, can't say...
cry

One more thing...

Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I have to look at your profile again? smiley
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by nurusystem(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
you a cobfused already.r sure is god that called you.if god then dont bother u must obey,but situation where by devil call u because of money that is where the problem lys,you later bcom pastor raping members in the name of annointin or god.so beware
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by NaWetinDey(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
You can't and you shouldn't dare...if indeed you are called.
To ensure you are clear on this, get committed in a true church (especially a small one where you cannot easily hide) and be involved in the section of ministration that you love. Things will unfold either way.

The challenge with the calling of God is that you may be called today for a purpose set to start from 10 to 15 years ahead (Hab. 2:2). And this brings serious frustration to those who do not really want to answer the call or those impatient to be properly trained for the vineyard work. It can put them out of faith after they had waited for long and even tried to fast-track time to no avail. They can also, as a part of training, be frustrated by other pastors to the point that they attack anyone who reminds them of their calling (I Kings 13). Now all they want (or think they want) is money. Still God never hits to miss: you either accept, commit and wait for the spirit to wake up His mission in you and through you, or you reject and be sure to walk through life like a person cursed, not by man, but from above (Deu. 30:11-19).

It's somehow like getting into God's trap. But it's a positive thing to be "trapped" by the spirit of God. It's a way of saving you from a sure destruction and eternal damnation. Rejecting God's call is trying to interfere with His pre planned decision for souls and your role in it. Ask Paul, Jonah and the rest.

On a final note, The calling of God is irrevocable (Rom. 1:29) and its an honor (Isaiah 45:29).

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by solpat(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Fast and pray about it. Let God himself confirm it to you. Then you can ask God what's the next step to take. If you are going into ministry, you'll need Spiritual mentorship, you need to be groomed, feeding your spirit man constantly on the word of God. 2 Tim.2:15. Never attempt to refuse the call of God upon your life. It's for your own good. God never calls a man and leaves him stranded. He always makes the provisions.

On a final note, don't think because God is calling then you should feel proud. As a matter of fact, there are so many people out there far better than you waiting for God to even "flash" them. So take it serious
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by SmellingAnus(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
nice
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by akin33(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Don't reject it. You can ask me. I am a living testifier. My own case was worse than yours. Now, Iam in the ministry. Contact me for more counsel. Akin07039@gmail.com.
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello, I don't want to comment on this issue before but I changed my mind.
Regarding calling, if a man calls someone you can choose to answer or not to answer and such person can't do u anything. But in the case of God you can't escape it. You can only escape His calling only if He has not caled you in the first place. I was once in your shoe I refused this call for years trying to escape to secular university thinking I can dribble God. But believe be I wasted 5 years writing jamb writing post Ume having high scored but I was not still admitted but instead whenever I sleep I see myself ringing bells all about the street preaching the Gospel. Prophets were sent to me several times regarding it but I still refused not until I surrendered to His call and prayed to God to give me the grace to a least own a degree so that people won't say I was lazy or because I wasn't admitted that was why I decided to be a pastor. Believe me that same year I wrote another jamb to a theological seminary which was an affiliate to university of ibadan I passed their exam and post ume I was admitted even while some were dropped. But thank God today I own a degree in religious studies from U.I. and now a pastor of a church. To cut the story short . you must first seek the face of God yourself to confirm from God if truely he needs your service as a pastor so that you will use that as reference in times of challenges. Don't rely on what you have heard alone as God to prove it that he needs you. I trust him He will prove it if He needs you. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by tosyne2much(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
AdeOluwaTomiwa:
I don't believe in all these God said this and that rubbish but I think lala'sticlala can help you or even other Nairalanders like Mi'zMyColi,Tosy'ne2much etc
There are pastors in the house cheesy
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by GRACEGLORY: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
TohKunBoh:

1) He was a delivery man

Thanks

Hello, first, don't allow people to confuse you over what GOD told you personally, none of us was there when he told you things.
Secondly, yes, you,can refuse the call, cos it's a choice either to obey of disobey GOD. But obedience is better than sacrifice.
It's a privilege to have been called into the ministry, note, ministry is not limited to the pulpit, it expands to every walk of life, be it Law, be it Medicine, Be it Teaching, Engineering, et cetera.... Your field is your ministry.
So many people having been wanting to know where GOD has designed them for, but they are yet to find out, while yours have been given you on a platter of gold.
Lemme ask you this: If you created a robot for a particular purpose, equiped and programed for that purpose, bit suddenly, the robot won't function, how would you feel? You are not a robot but a man designed for a purpose. Your purpose is knocking, yielding is your choice.
Jeremiah 10:23 says, man isn't the master of himself nor can ge direct his own steps.
Same Jeremiah, 11:29 say, I know plan I have for you... To give you an expected end... You can do other stuffs, and be rich and be cool, but I tell you, you'll never be happy, cos you won't be fulfilled.
Then, what will be the point of all?
We can chat over it if you please: 0803 054 6462
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

cry

One more thing...

Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I have to look at your profile again? smiley
I'm indifferent to it
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Jay0079: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
lol
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Jay0079: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
@ Rexben Correct Guy ! Another FALSE doctrine SO CALLED PASTOR WAN ENTER MARKET!
Just like u said if you profound understanding of the Scripture, JOHN THE BAPTIST is the LAST and greatest of all the Prophet, any after and other than him were d 12 disciples who we all can emulate
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Tedassie(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
Genea:
I'm indifferent to it
Can I take a picture of you, so I can show Santa just what I want for
Christmas? wink
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tedassie:

Can I take a picture of you, so I can show Santa just what I want for
Christmas? wink
teddy lol, stop the flattery
Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Genea(f): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
[quote author=Jay0079 post=51428377][/quote]y u quote me?

1 Like

Re: Can I Refuse The Call Of God? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
"And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream." (Numbers 12:6).

"And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for you did call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child." (1 Samuel 3:cool.

"Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call you, that you shall say, Speak, LORD; for your servant hears. So Samuel went and lay down in his place." (1 Samuel 3:9).

"And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for your servant hears. And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that hears it shall tingle." (1 Samuel 3:10-11).

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14).

"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans 10:15).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Speech By King Leopold Ii Of Belgium Delivered In 1883 / Who Is Your Favorite Biblical Character and why / Have You Seen This Kind Of Leg Before - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.