Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? (12327 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by IecheM(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2018
Hello fellow nairalanders, so after church service today we had holy communion and they were some leftovers. Please I would like to know if it's right to dispose the leftovers or share the rest among ourselves.

Over to the pastor's in the house.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by bigtt76(f): 12:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
In my Church (Anglican), it is shared among Choir members or the officiating priests. In some churches it is stored in a safe place and used during the next service/mass. Although it all depends on availability of storage facility.

IecheM:
Hello fellow nairalanders, so after church service today we had holy communion and they were some leftovers. Please I would like to know if it's right to dispose the leftovers or share the rest among ourselves.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

6 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by emmabest2000(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
IecheM:

Hmmmm...

Some people can’t even read and understand the Bible they carry go church every Sunday

What did God told the apostles to do with the leftovers after feeding five thousand peoples with two fish’s and five loafs bread?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Opoki(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
It ferments and becomes intoxicating, in my church, we dispose it.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by tunjex2006(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
I don't think I know anything about it. Wait for me let me ask my grandma.

1 Like

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Colybaly: 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
if you re very hungry, u ll know what to do with it,

Better still, you can market it on olx, eBay, Jumia, Alibaba or konga

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by veave(f): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
Smiles...

I remember those days we started taking the communion newly. I didn't even really know what it meant even after attending confirmation classes. All I wanted to do is have a feel of that sweet taste of wine. Hehe.

Well, thank God for salvation, a deeper understanding of the word and personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Raise your hands if you understand what I'm saying. grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Gkay1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
share or take o, no problem as long as u take am wit good heart.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Emily22(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
Shebi na prawn crackers and velleta wine....we go chop everything ni

2 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Pavore9: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
For the Catholic Church, it goes back to the Tabernacle.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by ehardetola(m): 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
bigtt76:
In my Church (Anglican), it is shared among Choir members or the officiating priests. In some churches it is stored in a safe place and used during the next service/mass. Although it all depends on availability of storage facility.

Holy communion has turn to food now
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by ProfEinstein: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
In the Catholic church it is kept in the tabernacle and never to be tampered with except by the priest.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by ehardetola(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
Emily22:
Shebi na prawn crackers and velleta wine....we go chop everything ni
Nawahooo
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by effiong2017: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
IecheM:

The reason for a tabernacle explain it all.

2 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Templa(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Lol come to the catholic church for tutorials

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
It should be kept for the next mass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by clefstone(m): 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
shared of course as Christ ordered his disciples to gather the left over food after feeding the multitude that there may not be waste. Also, if like the Catholic Church you believe in the true presence of Christ in the communion, then the answer to your question is obvious

2 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
Eat Now!

As long as everyone has taken, those who are interested can eat the rest. The significant of Holy Communion is to keep in remembrance of Jesus Coming not what or how people eat BUT every prepared members must be carried along . I hope one of these days I will be holding it in my own home
=====
11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

3 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by TLisieux: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
For us Catholics, holy communion or the holy eucharist is Jesus Christ himself after the priest says the eucharistic prayer (transubstantiation). So it is sacrilegious to treat it as mere bread or leftover food to be thrown away. It is kept in the ciborium and placed inside the tabernacle. The holy eucharist is the centre and source of our faith.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Bossontop(m): 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
In my church it is shared for d children after service

1 Like

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Kenzico(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2018
Opoki:
It ferments and becomes intoxicating, in my church, we dispose it.

Like!!! Are u serious?? What kinda holy communion gets spoilt? It depends on the type ur church uses oh..... The Left overs are stored because the bible condemns wastage
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Divay22(f): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
In my church we share it o grin grin grin
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
Line the altar boys and let them feast..if the Catholic church is not a Parish.

The home of communion is the Blessed Tabernacle. grin

5 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Men my church catholic my wicked priest dey chop everything digest am with wine for our front as hunger dey fire us

2 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by ItchingPreek(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Divay22(f): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
veave:
Smiles...

I remember those days we started taking the communion newly. I didn't even really know what it meant even after attending confirmation classes. All I wanted to do is have a feel of that sweet taste of wine. Hehe.

Well, thank God for salvation, a deeper understanding of the word and personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Raise your hands if you understand what I'm saying. grin grin grin
For me
When going to the altar to collect mine, my eyes will just be scanning the little cup that the wine is much... That's the one I'll take grin grin

Can't remember the last time i thought holy communion, I usually don't have time for midweek service again.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by seunny4lif(m): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
You better Chop the bread and drink the wine.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
How do you store leaven bread? Especially given that most churches don't give communion like the catholics do.

The irony is that the catholics that celebrates the mass every day where communion is taken use unleaven bread which can be stored for long without going bad.

1 Like

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by Danchibez: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
[quote author=TLisieux post=64585943]For us Catholics, holy communion or the holy eucharist is Jesus Christ himself after the priest says the eucharistic prayer (transubstantiation). So it is sacrilegious to treat it as mere bread or leftover food to be thrown away. It is kept in the ciborium and placed inside the tabernacle. The holy eucharist is the centre and source of our faith.[/quote)

U nail it

6 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by phemmyfour: 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
emmabest2000:

Hmmmm...

Some people can’t even read and understand the Bible they carry go church every Sunday

What did God told the apostles to do with the leftovers after feeding five thousand peoples with two fish’s and five loafs bread?
You are the one without understanding of the Bible. Communion is sacred, eating it is sacred as well and comparing it to "feeding of five thousands" shows your level of understanding

7 Likes

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by MorataFC: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
emmabest2000:

Hmmmm...

you are the one to read your bible very well
Holy communion is far different from what you quoted here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / Do Names Actually Have Effect On One's Life? / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.