Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (11536 Views)

US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran / WAR: US Confirms Israeli Strike On Russian Missiles In SYRIA!! / A Western/israeli Strike On Iran Will Achieve Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by 4Play(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
I[i]n the Sunday Times today, came the shocking revelations of purpoted plans by Israel to launch strikes on Iran using tactical nuclear weapons

The strike will be an attempt to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities.The reasoning behind the suggestion to use nuclear weapons is that Iranian nuclear facilities are so heavily fortified,that they cannot be easily destroyed with conventional weapons.

If carried out ,this will mark the first use of such weapons since Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Does the threat of Iran going nuclear justify such a highly inflammatory measure?

Would Isreal not be justified in so acting in the light of the spectre of an occurence of a 2nd holocaust created by Mahmoud Ahmedinajad?

I would think that there is a case to be made to use such weapons on Iran

NB:Here is the link to the story-[/i][url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2535310,00.html[/url]
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by kenshin(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2007
You did not read the story properly, Isreal intends to attack Iran's 3 nuclear facilities using nuclear weapons and not Iran itself.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by 4Play(m): 12:02am On Jan 08, 2007
kenshin:

You did not read the story properly, Isreal intends to attack Iran's 3 nuclear facilities using nuclear weapons and not Iran itself.

Ehm,what is the difference?

Those nuclear facilities are based in Iran.It seems to me that if u use tactical nukes on a country's nuclear facilities,that will amount to an attack on the country
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2007
I want to see how Israel apologists like Davidylan and co. will justify this.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by shango(m): 3:58am On Jan 08, 2007
I want to see how Israel apologists like Davidylan and co. will justify this.

Israel's people are Gods Chosen people? They can do what they want as they are blessed by God. Iran wants to bring the Holocaust to Israel? Israel has to defend itself from the New Nazis.

What is more fascinating about that news item is that Israel by making that statement have essentially officially admited what everyone has known for decades; Israel has nuclear weapons.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by kenshin(m): 6:03am On Jan 08, 2007
4 Play:

Ehm,what is the difference?

Those nuclear facilities are based in Iran.It seems to me that if u use tactical nukes on a country's nuclear facilities,that will amount to an attack on the country

The Nukes are not that powerful, besides they deliberately decided on small nukes because Isreal wants to avoid radioactive fallout.

Isreal has had nuclear weapons for a while now and it has not exactly threatened to wipe any nation off the map, Iran is working on a nuclear weapons project and it's president is already issuing threats.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by stanech: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2007
Isreal have the right to defend itself. For Iran to make a public statement that Isreal should be wiped, then Isreal have every right to attack.

They should be careful and plan the attack in a way that there will not be civillian casualties

1 Like

Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Mariory(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2007
If this plan is real I very much doubt the press would know about it in spite of whatever sources they think they have in the IDF.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by 4Play(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2007
@Mariory

Apparently one of the journalists who reported the story has a reputation for false alarm-http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/01/israeli_military_leaks_iran_pl.php
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by chidichris(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2007
with or without this report, Isreal on several occassions has vowed not to see Iran develop nuclear weapon.
it is obvious here that isreal is a target and Tehran is not hiding her feelings.
it is not abnormal in any manner to defend one's life.
even in our law courts, it is always a different ball game when you kill in self defence.
such attacks are not secrets most times as they have to pass through debates in various law houses of a nation so the idea of reporters having knowledge is allowed.
it is believed that isreal has her satelite on tehran so the will definitely strike as soon as they observe any danger.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by bindex(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2007
every country has the right to defend it self, what the iranian president is doing is wrong . u cant just come out and call for the elimination of a country like that, if they attack the iranian nuclear facility then the president of iran asked for it
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by kenshin(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2007
bindex:

every country has the right to defend it self

that means Iran also has a right to defend itself too if attacked and that can only lead to one thing - a very bloody conflict
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by kimba(m): 2:01am On Jan 09, 2007
Is it really Israel that is looking for Iran's trouble or U.S President Bush that is offering Israel some moral support? It is time to divert attention from Iraq. Its time to get more soldiers and civilians killed.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 09, 2007
Isreal is not stupid enough to leak its plans to attack a dangerous enemy (the US calls it preemptive strike!) that will no hesistate to use such weaponss on isreal if possible! when Isreal destroyed similar facilities in Iraq, the whole world had no idea until well after the attack.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Afam(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2007
Interesting responses from people that support Israel blindly, very interesting indeed!
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Sijien(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2007
israel for life
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by chidichris(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2007
Afam,
it is nice to know that most of here are surporting isreal blindly.
and for u who is supporting iran with open eyes, u said in one of your posts that iranian president is the wisest man you know. u are saying that a country has a right to make public his intention known that he would want another country out of the map.
u and iran are God to say who will exist or who will not-wise man.
anyways, be informed that iran is a light wait compare to isreal. iran calling for war on isreal ois indirectly digging her grave.
we heard saddam boost of 3 million tested soldiers and made it clear to the us that they shld be prepared as they are not coming for a rambo movie rather that they were coming to meet real men and we were all here to witness how it went.
many gave their support to saddam as they will be happy to see the US fail but they ended up being disappointed.
please do not put your trust on iran as they will surely fail u.
they do not have what it takes to fight isreal yet they go knocking on their doors for war.
their support and sponsorship to terrorists organisations have affected their economy that they even owe our own Egypt.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Afam(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2007
I take God beg you, you dream about Afam last night? This is the 4th abi 5th post I am opening today with Afam as the target.

Advice, learn to do what I do, ignore posts you do not agree with unless you value the position of the poster on any issues you take interest in.

I hardly take your posts serious because they do not make logical sense. It seems you are hurt or something like that. If you know where you baf, go there go look for your towel abeg.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2007
Sijien:

israel for life

since when did isreal metamorphosed to a football club??

chelsea for life grin
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Afam(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2007
kaecy5:

since when did isreal metamorphosed to a football club??

chelsea for life grin

Chelsea ke? Why not Arsenal? A team that plays the most beautiful football, a team that sometimes make the opponents clap for them even on the field of play.

Leave those body builders in Chelsea and support a team worth supporting, GUNNER for LIFE.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by kenshin(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2007
Oh God cry cry why are u all infecting this thread with soccer fanaticism?
grin grin
from nuclear weapons to Chelsea, what is the connection?

1 Like

Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Jimiyke(m): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2007
REALLY!!!! angry
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by echowords(m): 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2007
What's the world coming to, everyone is going at war or at least preparing to go at war with each other. Israel VS Iran,Irag VS america,china reportedly shotdown its own satelite from earth, to test its intercontinental balistic missiles. U.s is planing on building satelites with missile and laser defence technology. I wonder what nigeria's doing ??
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by LadyT(f): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2007
Oh please Iran has already called for Israel to be wiped out . They are all insane in the middle east. What I want to know if WHY anyone needs nuclear weapons they serve no purpose unless you want to kill people.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 04, 2007
LadyT:

Oh please Iran has already called for Israel to be wiped out . They are all insane in the middle east. What I want to know if WHY anyone needs nuclear weapons they serve no purpose unless you want to kill people.

Nuclear weapons are today the most powerful bargaining chips on the world stage. it is the reason countries like Iran and North Korea can defy the United States and get away with it. It is the reason Russia and China can block US vetoes at the UN!
It is the single ticket to becoming a first world nation!
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by LadyT(f): 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2007
davidylan:

Nuclear weapons are today the most powerful bargaining chips on the world stage. it is the reason countries like Iran and North Korea can defy the United States and get away with it. It is the reason Russia and China can block US vetoes at the UN!
It is the single ticket to becoming a first world nation!

Explain futher please. I don't get it. Are you saying countries with the weapons use it as intimidation others or what?
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 05, 2007
Quite a few rogue states (if i must borrow from the Bush lingo) use it to intimidate other nations. China continues to use its huge army and superior weapons to deny Taiwan a chance at forming an independent state.
The threat from North Korea is only too evident to Japan and South Korea who are only depending on US military might as a detterent.

The cold war between the US and USSR was mainly an arms race over who could develop the most powerful nuclear weaopn. Russia is no longer an economic giant but its nuclear weapons second only to the US gives it a huge boost as one of the nations who decide world policy.
Why do you think Iran is desperate to develop nuclear weapons and the US is desperate to prevent it?

1. Because everyone is afraid of what a nuclear Iran symbolises; a potential threat to Isreal and US interests in the middle east.
2. Iran knows that once it gets its hands on nuclear weapons, it will have a greater say in the middle east.

Most European nations retain their nuclear capabilities as a detterent and as a sign of their power.

No African nation is nuclear capable, no wonder not one even Singapore takes us seriously!
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by LadyT(f): 12:09am On Feb 05, 2007
davidylan:

Quite a few rogue states (if i must borrow from the Bush lingo) use it to intimidate other nations. China continues to use its huge army and superior weapons to deny Taiwan a chance at forming an independent state.
The threat from North Korea is only too evident to Japan and South Korea who are only depending on US military might as a detterent.

The cold war between the US and USSR was mainly an arms race over who could develop the most powerful nuclear weaopn. Russia is no longer an economic giant but its nuclear weapons second only to the US gives it a huge boost as one of the nations who decide world policy.
Why do you think Iran is desperate to develop nuclear weapons and the US is desperate to prevent it?

1. Because everyone is afraid of what a nuclear Iran symbolises; a potential threat to Isreal and US interests in the middle east.
2. Iran knows that once it gets its hands on nuclear weapons, it will have a greater say in the middle east.

Most European nations retain their nuclear capabilities as a detterent and as a sign of their power.

No African nation is nuclear capable, no wonder no one even Singapore takes us seriously!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Its sad how this dumb world is.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by pinkysegun(m): 12:38am On Feb 05, 2007
d person who poste dis post must b a muslim cos una like 2 dey say rubbish about isreal
tell iran 2 stop support insurgent
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Shagari2(m): 1:15am On Feb 05, 2007
I say lets nuke the whole darn planet, its a shitty place anyway! smiley

1 Like

Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by 4Play(m): 1:54am On Feb 05, 2007
The Iranian nuclear program is perceived not just as a threat by the US and Isreal but also by other Arab countries in the Middle East .

Iran is a Shia theocracy and a non-Arab nation(Iranians are mainly Persians) with claims to regional superpower status.Most Arab Govts are mainly Sunni,secular and see the Shia as Islamic apostates.They also have restive Shia populations.

They view Iran with great suspicion and see its potential acquisition of nukes as potentially damaging for stability.With nukes,Iran will be more assertive in the region as they have been in Lebanon,Palestine and Iraq.

A nuclear Iran will precipitate a nuclear arms race in the Middle East with other Govts seeking to acquire nuclear weapons.
Re: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 05, 2007
Why shouldn't other Government endeavour to get Nukes?. . .Should we let a certain people use theirs to blackmail and intimidate others based on what?. . .If you can get it, go ahead. Why should India or Israel have nukes but not Iran?

I hate propagandists and you 4Play are filled with American propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bank Of England Lifts Interest Rate To 15-Year High / Cameroon Government Launches Campaign Against Social Media / Presidents Buhari, Lungu, Others Mourn Kenneth Kaunda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.