Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 (1035 Views)

Zlatan Ibile DMs To Olamide In 2016 (Screenshot) / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died In 2019 / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Capableben(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
The influence of star-power can never be underestimated. While celebrities inspire us every day, these particular ones have moved me most in unexpected ways this year.

1.Victor Moses
Moses plays for English football club, Chelsea. He was signed in 2013 and after many chances to play at Stamford bridge, many thought he was a flop because he was obviously not playing to expectation.
As a result, he was loaned out to other clubs for a very long time, little did we know that Moses was working behind closed doors to make a better version of himself and prove that he deserves to be on chelsea team, and possibly the starting 11.

Presently, Moses is on 'fire' and is an irreplaceable player on the chelsea team, with his amazing skills and trail of goals. It makes one wonder whether it was the same Moses we used to know in 2013. While most football fans would totally attribute his rejuvenated form to the excellent handiwork of the Coach, Antonio Conte', i beg to differ, i partially agree with that.

I know that a man can only be great if he chooses to, then becomes zealous about it and works hard towards greatness.

Moses has inspired me to work behind "closed doors" and allow the world to see the finished product later.

2.Tekno
It wouldn't be out of place if i say Tekno is the Man of the Moment in the Nigerian Music industry.

Some years back, the name Tekno hardly rang a bell; we just knew that he was a Singer/producer signed to "Triple MG" records.

However Tekno fully understood that his days of glory would surely come someday if he continued to exercise patience and work on himself to beef up his skills.

Its no longer news that this has eventually paid off, as he has consecutively released hits upon hits since last year and up to this moment his songs are still banging the nook and crannies of this country and even beyond. Talk of "Duro", " Wash", "Pana", to mention but a few.

He has even crowned all these with a Music deal from Sony Music. Indeed, patience and industriousness are essential ingredients in our self development and must be practiced.

3. Phyno
"Never forget your roots". This quote summarizes how Phyno inspires me. Phyno is an indigenous rapper/singer that sings mostly in igbo Language.

If you are an ardent follower of his music, you would have observed that he keeps reiterating the story of his humble beginnings in the lyrics. He often shows appreciation and rains praises on all those that had a positive impact in his life to make him what he is today.

In a nutshell, Phyno has taught me that wherever i go and however great i may become in life, i should never ever forget my roots and all those that contributed positively to my life.

4. Frank Edwards
I'm a big fan of Frank Edwards and his music; i follow him on social media too.
I may not know much about him but one thing i surely know about Frank is that he is always grateful to his creator.
Thanksgiving is his culture and tradition and i have been inspired. I have emulated him in this.

5. Mikel Obi:
Mikel is obviously having a tough time in his career right now at Chelsea FC. As a matter of fact, he has not played this season at all at Chelsea and its not like he isn't fit. Rumours had it that the relationship between him and the head coach wasn't healthy becaus he was instructed not to play for Nigeria earlier this year as the season was about to start which he didn't heed to.

However he personally came out to contradict these reports.

Whatever the case may be, one undeniable fact about the super eagles captain is that he is very patriotic!
Asides risking his spot at Chelsea FC to represent Nigeria in the world cup (U-23) and WCQ, there was a time he reportedly footed the travelling bills of the super eagles when the FG delayed.
Mikel, this year, has inspired me to be a patriotic citizen of this country in my own little way.

6. Dr. Bennett Omalu
Dr Omalu won the highest Medical award in America this year. He discovered a brain disease in 2002 and after crossing many hurdles, he was able to make his point in Medicine.

Omalu is a Nigerian and he has successfully written his name in the sands of time in America. I have been inspired by him that wherever i find myself, i can succeed if my mind is made up.

7.Wizkid
Wizkid is a very talented artiste.He is one of the most celebrated and popular musicians in this country.
Despite the fact that he was on top of the game in the Nigerian music scene, he chose not to be complacent, he kept working hard and today he has gone international.

I've learnt from wizkid that even if im at the acme, i should strive to go beyond that.

8. Falz
Falz is the most unique artiste in the Nigerian entertainment industry. He has successfully created a style and brand for himself and this has paved for him an easy way to stardom.

From Falz, i have been inspired to try as much as possible to be different from others in all i "does".

9. Pedro
His story can be likened to Moses' aforementioned story.
He was almost a flop under Jose' Mourinho but he kept working. He didnt give in to people's harsh comments about his performance and today the story is different- he has successfully benched Willian and he seems to be an irreplaceable option at the moment.

Give deaf ears to the bad comments people give about you and focus more on making yourself better.

10. C.Ronaldo
I'm a huge fan of Messi. I guess you know what that means? -ordinarily i should dislike Ronaldo.
Well, im also a huge fan of good football. When you critically watch Messi play, you can't help but assert that Messi is an epitome of raw football skills. He effortlessly dribbles and frustrates defenders.

However, when you watch Ronaldo you would notice that there's always that effort and energy registered in his face and body when he wants to dribble.

Ronaldo, this year, after winning the UCL and Euro Championship has proven to me that Talent and skills are not enough for excellence. I have learnt from him that i must work hard even if i am overly talented, talent alone isn't enough!

So, can you share with me the celebrities that have inspired you the most this year?

Source: http://ogabenji..co.ke/2016/11/10-celebrities-that-inspired-me-most-in.html?m=1

Re: 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Rrabbit: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
cool
Re: 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Capableben(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Rrabbit:
cool
what are your views on the subject matter?
Re: 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Rrabbit: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Capableben:
what are your views on the subject matter?

tongue
Re: 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Olutayojr: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
I can tell you are an Arsenal fan
Re: 10 Celebrities That Inspired Me The Most In 2016 by Preyetonye(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
am a huge C. Ronaldo fan, u r soo right, am always on edge anytime he is dribbling

(1) (Reply)

Omotola Returns Back To Nollywood With A Shocking Hot S*X Role >>>> / Mercy Johnson & Husband Share A Kiss On Instagram / R.kelly Lets Women Grab His Scrotch While Performing On Stageā€¦(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.