Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,525 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) (77361 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Superstars Married At Least Twice(photos) / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died In 2019 / 10 Nollywood Actresses Who Are Scandal Free (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2017
There was a time, not too long ago, when acting was seen as a profession for never-do-wells in the society but notion has since been discarded. Actors now include intellectuals, professors, doctorate degree holders and others who find the passion to get on stage or screen too hard to resist. Here’s a list of actors who also teach the art in university as well as university lecturers turned actors.

1. Gbenga Windapo

Windapo is a prolific actor and comedian who recently acted alongside 2face, Ali Baba and many others in Baba Dee’s movie, Head Gone. He is a lecturer at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (AOCOED). Gbenga Windapo and Hafiz Oyetoro are however not coincidental colleagues at AOCOED as the duo have a long history together as partners having acted in numerous stage plays as a group. Gbenga Windapo founded the comedy group, Lafomania which had Saka and many other comedians as members.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:14am On Mar 29, 2017
2. Professor Akinwunmi Isola

Professor Akinwunmi Isola was a lecturer at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife. He became a professor in 1991. Isola is a playwright, actor and scholar and is proud of the Yoruba culture.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2017
3. Doyin Hassan

Doyin Hassan is popular for his role in Saworoide but the soft spoken actor with a woman voice has since gone on to appear in only Christian movies produced by Mike Bamiloye’s Mount Zion Film Productions. Doyin Hassan holds a PhD in Marketing and he is a senior lecturer in the department of marketing in Lagos State University (LASU). He is also a former HOD at the department and is currently an Assistant Director in the university’s school of part-time studies in charge of Ogba and Ikorodu campuses.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2017
4. Professor Ayo Akinwale

Professor Ayo Akinwale is an Actor, a veteran movie producer, an academician. He has featured in several home movies. He is a laureate of the African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) and the current Dean, Faculty of Arts at the University of Ilorin. Prof Akinwale has written several books and articles on Theatre Arts in Nigeria. As a seasoned actor with a fantastic Yoruba accent, his spoken English is also impeccable.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2017
5. Peter Fatomilola

He is a graduate of theatre arts from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife and he learnt under professor Wole Soyinka. He later became a dramatic arts instructor at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). Though he is retired, he still gets invitation to come and lecture in universities.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2017
6. Tunji Sotimirin

Tunji Sotimirin is a veteran actor whose activity in the Nigerian movie industry spans almost three decades. Tunji Sotimirin stared in ‘Owuro Lojo’ alongside a young Joke Silva in the early 90s and has also featured in numerous movies including Tade Ogidan’s Hostages. The funny actor is currently a lecturer in the department of Theatre Arts at the University of Lagos.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:22am On Mar 29, 2017
7. Kola Oyewo

Fame came the way of Kola Oyewo in Tunde Kelani’s movie ‘Kosegbe’ where he played Mako, an incorruptible custom boss. Oyewo had his first degree from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) where he was his son’s classmate. He later proceeded to University of Ibadan where he earned his PhD. He was a senior lecturer at OAU before he moved on to head the department of dramatic arts in Redeemer’s University. He was a senior lecturer at Obafemi Awolowo University until 2011.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2017
8. Sola Fosudo

Dr. Sola Fosudo is a senior lecturer and head of department at Lagos State University (LASU) department of theatre arts and music. He was until recently the Director of Press and Public Relations Unit at the university.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2017
9. Sam Dede

Sam Dede is an award winning actor and at the same time a lecturer. His role in the epic movie ‘Igodo’ endeared Sam Dede to movie enthusiasts. The former lecturer at the University of Lagos is currently in the employ of the Department of Theatre Arts at the University of Port Harcourt. He is also the Director-General of the Rivers State Tourism Development Agency.

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2017
10. Hafiz Oyetoro

He is a lecturer at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education in Ijanikin, Lagos. The actor who is simply known as Saka has been blessed through acting. Acting brought him the MTN brand ambassador contract. He has also modeled for different firms including Diamond Bank and Etisalat. His porting from Etisalat to MTN became a big item when he left Etisalat for MTN as a brand ambassador.

162 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by dacovajnr: 10:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice one...I know some ppl won't like the fact that a particular tribe dominates the list embarassed embarassed

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by nikkypearl(f): 10:43am On Mar 29, 2017
dacovajnr:
Nice one...I know some ppl won't like the fact that a particular tribe dominates the list embarassed embarassed
dont start what u cant finish oo..

btw

but I know all of them are lecturers. ..pls dont tell me wat I know ...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by dacovajnr: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2017
nikkypearl:
dont start what u cant finish oo..

btw

but I know all of them are lecturers. ..pls dont tell me wat I know ...
Nikky m not tryna start anything,am just stating the obvious so just watch how it turns out..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by robosky02(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2017
this is very nice op
Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Thukzee01(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2017
Incase the thread reach FP
Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Mediapace: 11:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice list

These are major celebrities not slayher

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2017
robosky02:
this is very nice op
thanks
Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by jordyspices: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Sam dede ahoy seadogs

18 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by enemmo(f): 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Sam Dede.

My favourite Nollywood actor of all time.

Much respect.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Got respect for Kola Oyewo. He's got an enviable mien smiley

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by easyhacq(m): 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Whey Abu no get any

5 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thread says "10 Nollywood celebrities you probably did not know are University lecturers" but OP's first name and last name on the list are not even university lecturers. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Chanchit: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Does it mean none of this nollywood dey lecture? no wonder they keep giving us silly films.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Chanchit: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
LastMumu:
Thread says "10 Nollywood celebrities you probably did not know are University lecturers" but OP's first name and last name on the list are not even university lecturers. angry

Just listen to ur self, so na primary school dem dey lecture?
Unilag or Ife would be honored to have Saka in their fold.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chanchit:

Just listen to ur self, so na primary school dem dey lecture?
Unilag or Ife would be honored to gave Saka in their fold.

But College of Education is not a university na, bros. undecided

7 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Zonacom(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
dacovajnr:
Obviously the Op posted names of mostly yoruba actors who he's sure of. Down east, there are Igbo actors who are also lecturers in different schools. I know a certain lecturer in Unizik theartre arts dept. who is a nollywood actor though i can't remember his name. Prof. Laz Ekwueme, the traditional ruler of Oko community in Anambra state is also an actor.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Chanchit: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
LastMumu:

But College of Education is not a university na, bros. undecided

But teachers in college of education too are referred to as lectures na

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by dacovajnr: 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
Zonacom:

Obviously the Op posted names of mostly yoruba actors who he's sure of. Down east, there are Igbo actors who are also lecturers in different schools. I know a certain lecrurer in Unizik theartre arts dept. though i can't remember his name. Prof. Laz Ekwueme, the traditional ruler of Oko community in Anambra state is also an actor.

Cc:nikkypearl

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Chanchit: 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
Zonacom:

Obviously the Op posted names of mostly yoruba actors who he's sure of. Down east, there are Igbo actors who are also lecturers in different schools. I know a certain lecturer in Unizik theartre arts dept. who is a nollywood actor though i can't remember his name. Prof. Laz Ekwueme, the traditional ruler of Oko community in Anambra state is also an actor.

I thought as much, pls compile their list abeg. tongue
Zonacom:

I thought as much, pls compile their list abeg.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Are Lecturers (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chanchit:

But teachers in college of education too are referred to as lectures na
One question. Is the title of OP's thread correct?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Poses With Her White Mercedes Benz In New Pictures / Highest Paid Nigerian Actresses & Their Fees Per Movie / Franky Kuri Was Ebony Reigns Lesbian Partner. They Died In Accident - MandyNews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.