Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Do You As A True Muslim Agree With The Sharia Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You As A True Muslim Agree With The Sharia Law? (501 Views)

Do You Agree With Atheist On This? / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / After Seeing This I Agree With You Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You As A True Muslim Agree With The Sharia Law? by ArewaTech1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
cc: OAM4J Lalasticlala Seun Elfakkawy
Re: Do You As A True Muslim Agree With The Sharia Law? by elfakkawy(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
The problem with this is that most people do not even know what Shari'ah is. Many people believe it to be stoning people and executing apostates based on the content of the question.

But that is not Shari'ah in any sense.

Shari'ah in its most essential form is defined as the practices adhered to by Muslims based on prescriptions of their faith. It's literal meaning in Arabic, mind you, is the path to the source. So Shari'ah is not even necessarily legal as much as it is a path which, when followed, brings a person to supreme enlightenment and spiritual rejuvenation.

This is at the most essential functioning of Shari'ah. In an Islamic society, the Shari'ah can be legally implemented. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because none of the practices under Shari'ah actually command men to do horrible things.

Historically speaking, Shari'ah guaranteed the rights of religious and ethnic minorities in Muslim states, as well as women, property rights, introduced a court system which provided defendants with innocence until guilt is proven (the first ever in the world, despite what the history classes may teach you) and prohibited the violation by a ruler of any of these prescriptions. So whereas in the West a King ruled with absolute authority, Shari'ah actually introduced a proto-constitutionalism into the Islamic world over 1400 years ago.

So yes, as a Muslim (God only knows if my heart is true) I do believe in Shari'ah. Not only because I think it is condusive to a liberal society, but because I practice it on a personal basis every day. You can be a Muslim and a secularist. But any Muslim who tells you they do not believe in Shari'ah are themselves ignorant to what it actually is. Because as the path toward divine guidance on a personal level, to say you don't believe in Shariah is to say you dont believe God tells you to pray or to follow Islam.

These are in fact the path to the source.

1 Like

Re: Do You As A True Muslim Agree With The Sharia Law? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
elfakkawy:
The problem with this is that most people do not even know what Shari'ah is. Many people believe it to be stoning people and executing apostates based on the content of the question.

But that is not Shari'ah in any sense.

Shari'ah in its most essential form is defined as the practices adhered to by Muslims based on prescriptions of their faith. It's literal meaning in Arabic, mind you, is the path to the source. So Shari'ah is not even necessarily legal as much as it is a path which, when followed, brings a person to supreme enlightenment and spiritual rejuvenation.

how? explain please.

This is at the most essential functioning of Shari'ah. In an Islamic society, the Shari'ah can be legally implemented. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because none of the practices under Shari'ah actually command men to do horrible things.

the unjust punishments are one of the most insane things anyone can do to a fellow human... how is that not horrible?

Historically speaking, Shari'ah guaranteed the rights of religious and ethnic minorities in Muslim states, as well as women, property rights, introduced a court system which provided defendants with innocence until guilt is proven (the first ever in the world, despite what the history classes may teach you) and prohibited the violation by a ruler of any of these prescriptions. So whereas in the West a King ruled with absolute authority, Shari'ah actually introduced a proto-constitutionalism into the Islamic world over 1400 years ago.

really, i mean... do you even watch countries operating under sharia... what right of religious minorities? Right to persecution and death for not following Islam? right to being flogged like an animal for championing free speech?... tell me more

as well as women, property rights, introduced a court system which provided defendants with innocence until guilt is proven

yeah... women rights... rights to not even be seen... right to being treated unjustly.. Sharia never tolerated women.. stop lying.. women under sharia that's aren't even allowed to show their face.. women who are treated as nothing but mere sex objects.. which normal muslim nation gives women equal rights? not to talk of sharia

So yes, as a Muslim (God only knows if my heart is true) I do believe in Shari'ah. Not only because I think it is condusive to a liberal society, but because I practice it on a personal basis every day. You can be a Muslim and a secularist. But any Muslim who tells you they do not believe in Shari'ah are themselves ignorant to what it actually is. Because as the path toward divine guidance on a personal level, to say you don't believe in Shariah is to say you dont believe God tells you to pray or to follow Islam.
These are in fact the path to the source.

liberal indeed..
apostasy is liberal... lack of freedom of religion is liberal... tell me more

if i am wrong, then prove me wrong

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Will Come This December 2016 – Christian Programmer / Don’t Bury Your Talent / 3 Dead After Stampede At T.B. Joshua's SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.