Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt (2811 Views)

Failing Gear On Chevrolet Express 3500 / Advice On Chevrolet Captiva / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by olat(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

One of my friends just shipped-in a Chevrolet Corsica LT from the United States. I am interested in buying it but will be glad to hear from pple who have information on the car - its merits and shortcomings (especially ppple living in the US).

Your review and advice will be appreciated.
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by promise72(m): 5:12am On Feb 16, 2007
@ Topic,

I saw this a bit late. I will say DONT buy it. Rather get a primera or Corolla. The parts of Chevy Corsica is more expensive than nissan/toyota. Parts are not readily available. Fuel consumption is higher on the corsica and general maintanance is costlier.

In the long run, its a piece of shit car, i promise you.

Goodluck.
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by Democrat(m): 2:56am On Feb 21, 2007
Olat

Buy it!! Nigerians need to know that Americans manufacture very tough vehicles. If you have access to Parts you are good. Order the repair Manual and enjoy your ride!!
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by promise72(m): 3:52am On Feb 21, 2007
@ Democrat,

Democrat:

Olat

Buy it!! Nigerians need to know that Americans manufacture very tough vehicles. If you have access to Parts you are good. Order the repair Manual and enjoy your ride!!

No offence. I wanna know what the hell you know about Nigeria and american cars. You want him to buy a car on the condition that "if he has access, , and order a repair manual" When you can buy a car that YOU ARE SURE the parts are available and he sure dont need any repair manual. Any tom dick and harry can fix it. do u even think? whats the logic in that.

You really wanna tell me that a Corsica is better than Corolla/Primera? Are u retarded? America makes yough vehicle? Yes somewhat. On the truck but NEVER in small car. I've been living in the US for about 15yrs now, i have to tell u you have to know a WHOLE lot to teach me something i dont know in the automobiles. Sorry for the bragging.

Ford Taurus vs Camry? Nissan Maxima vs Chevy Lumina? the difference is clear.

We are talking Nigeria here, American vehicle parts are hard to come by, especially not so common car like a Lumina. think twice. Be Smart.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by obua: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2007
Do not buy that Chevrolet Corsica Lt.
If you are an auto guy with good skills for car repair and friend in the USA and cash to throw around , then buy it.
American cars are cheap to buy/maintain in the USA only.
Generally , USA cars are poorly made and they are not as reliable as Japanese or european makes.
Except, the price is like 100k , then you can use it for a few months and drop it

1 Like

Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by Democrat(m): 6:58am On Feb 22, 2007
Promise and Obua

You guys are completely wrong on this issue. There are more Fake Japanese parts in Nigeria than US parts. American made cars are easy to maintain if you know anything about cars. I have nearly 15 Chrysler and Jeep products to Nigeria in the last year and a half, and ALL my friends and people i shipped to are happy with their vehicles. When you buy American, all you need is the "Repair Manual" and a Cheap OBD-11 SCANNER, YOU CAN USE THAT CAR FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS NO PROBLEMS ASK THE SAUDIS THE WILL ATTEST.

If you guys are repeating what people told you, i must tell you that it is a myth. Go and read what i have adviced people in the thread "Used car wanted in Autos". I Live and breathe cars and have been in the Auto industry for a very long time. My old name was Old Glory every one in Autos knows me. I also live in the US by Promise!
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by obua: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2007
If you are an auto guy with good skills for car repair and friend in the USA and cash to throw around , then buy it.
Generally , USA cars are poorly made and they are not as reliable as Japanese or european makes.
Except, the price is like 100k , then you can use it for a few months and drop it.

There are 2 key issues here.
parts availability
general reliability( JD power surveys)

Yeah, there are lots of fake/original japanese cars spares in the market,but the American cars spares that I suppose are cheap in the US are not available (cost wise) both fake/original in Nigeria. Infact only in Lagos(Cole street-Ojuelegba) can one buy such spares)

JD power breakdown figures are realeased regularly and are not contestable
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by Democrat(m): 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2007
Obua

Like i said, my opinion is that if you can read, and have the right mechanic in Nigeria that has a scan tool, you will be fine. I have sent many American cars,trucks, and SUV home and i have had less issues than the other imports i sent. Fixing cars today is not that hard, all you need to know is what the problem is. 98% of Nigeria Mechanics use guesswork and a little bit of prayer to fix cars. I can give you numbers of people in PH and Abuja and in Lagos, that know what to do with vehicles, the will analyze/narrow down the issue. That is my last word on this issue.
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by obua: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2007
Thanks,
Pls give me cellphone nos of good mechanics in Portharcourt
Re: Advice On Chevrolet Corsica Lt by weyreypey: 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
radautoworks gazzuzz egunmogaji
obua:
Except, the price is like 100k , then you can use it for a few months and drop it

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? / Drifting And Stunts Done By A Nairalander In Bauchi (must Watch) / Siena's ex Wife Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.