Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? (4652 Views)

Thread For Aspiring Pentesters And Information Security Enthusiasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
FincoApps:

Web App Hacking.....

Are you a Nigerian ? Cause I've never seen a Nigerian Reverse Engineer. Firmware hacking is what I really wanna go into, I wonder if you ever considered that

You looking at one now. grin I'm a Nigerian just like you.
I haven't started that firmware hacking. Heard of it tho.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
raynold:

Lol. yeah. i use kali cos most tools are already installed.. i had to give up the whole pen testing dream, due to lack of fellow pen testers..glad to meet you.

how can we communicate.

I'm always online for now. Ask here and I'd give you answers.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

I'm always online for now. Ask here and I'd give you answers.
alright... whats the most vulnerable port number?
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
raynold:

alright... whats the most vulnerable port number?

80, 25, depends.

Vulnerability on a server is not determined by Web services 100% these days, I remember I said employ use of social engineering. And you good to go.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

80, 25, depends.

Vulnerability on a server is not determined by Web services 100% these days, I remember I said employ use of social engineering. And you good to go.
social engineering takes a bit more time. and in nigeria its quite difficult.. like using a phishing method for instance.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
raynold:

social engineering takes a bit more time. and in nigeria its quite difficult.. like using a phishing method for instance.

Social engineering isn't only phishing grin there are other methods you can use asides phishing.

For instance I want access to this server,i can get the administration unaware possibly via phone call,pose like I'm the Web server admin(after gathering Web information from whois) then ask few questions which would lead to him giving me credentials that on a proper day he wouldn't have.
You haven't heard CIA was hacked using spear phishing? Have you?

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
Whytelyon:

These posts are one of the useless posts I remember I said I never wanted to see. I am yet to see what you "grownup" can offer when the only thing you know on pen testing and programming is "hello world "

Show us what you know and stop things like this very irritating over sabi you do on here. I haven't even seen you contribute any meaningful post or anything to programming section, just one nonsense after the other, write "kids" and what not.

Each time I come here I have something to show, what can you show,show and stop proving you know it all. Mxm
cry cry cry undecided
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 12:36am On Dec 03, 2016
Whytelyon:

Social engineering isn't only phishing grin there are other methods you can use asides phishing.

For instance I want access to this server,i can get the administration unaware possibly via phone call,pose like I'm the Web server admin(after gathering Web information from whois) then ask few questions which would lead to him giving me credentials that on a proper day he wouldn't have.
You haven't heard CIA was hacked using spear phishing? Have you?

true.. am on another project for now. PHP. wish we could communicate better tho.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 4:50am On Dec 03, 2016
raynold:

true.. am on another project for now. PHP. wish we could communicate better tho.

No issues. Any time.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by raynold(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Whytelyon:

No issues. Any time.

not easy convincing someone your the admin of the servers with a nigerian voice.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2016
raynold:

not easy convinces someone your the admin of the servers with a nigerian voice.

grin

I know what you thinking. Unfortunately there are other people who speak English with intonation like ours. When you hear some eastern Europeans speak,you'd even become surprised.
When a Belarusian speaks English, or someone from Azerbaijan, sometimes they sound like yoruba men.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by jboy01(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Whytelyon:

You should have installed it on guest OS (Virtualbox) but it's a good idea as most times with kali (if you know what you doing) you can stay stealth.

And besides some exploits are not basically done using pentest tools. Most times manual method or social engineering is way to go.

i have been running ubuntu 14.04 as my only OS for 2years on my laptop, but i moved to 16.04 last week and its was giving me some problem expecially with hibernating, so i move to kali as the main only OS since i will be doing Ethical Hacking as a course in school, and its a practical course. I also some app development like web and andoid on my ubuntu 14.04. hope the kali can handle the app development too. I installed kali yesterday.
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Whytelyon(m): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
jboy01:
i have been running ubuntu 14.04 as my only OS for 2years on my laptop, but i moved to 16.04 last week and its was giving me some problem expecially with hibernating, so i move to kali as the main only OS since i will be doing Ethical Hacking as a course in school, and its a practical course. I also some app development like web and andoid on my ubuntu 14.04. hope the kali can handle the app development too. I installed kali yesterday.

Kali is built on debian so yes it should be able to handle most things as these. You just have to do much of sudo apt -install and you good to go.

I hope your commands of linux are as good as well,else I would have suggested you begin with cygwin.

You can also install wine if you still intend to use visual studio with linux. Wine allows you to develop win apps on Linux. Just few configurations and you have it.

Samba can be installed as well. If you want to do something like access windows from linux.

Other than that learn debian, kali would then be piece of cake.

Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by FincoApps(m): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2016
jboy01:

Exactly!! Same with me

Hibernate on Fedora is so bad.... To activate it in the first place was an issue, now after activating, waking up from hibermate freezes my PC for a long time.

Although it got a little better after upgrading
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by funloaded: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
nasfem22:
please I know who you are talking about and he knows nothing! FYI : he his not even a Pentester
Whoa!! He knows nothing ?? I duff my hat for una oh
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Cim12: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2018
Whytelyon:

No issues. Any time.

Hola, please I'm interested in learning Pentesting skills and I'm looking for someone to help guide and put me through.
can you help me? If yes, please reply with your mail so we communicate further.
Thank you
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by patriotsam: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2018
Whytelyon:

I have always wanted to ask this, hence I don't know where to start from but anyways let me ask it anyhow and see who's gonna contribute and pls I don't need children commenting on my thread. Very experienced fellows who can add sense to the IT industry, that's what matters now.

Are there Pen testers in Nigeria?

I've always been looking forward to having a whatsapp group chat where hackers (white hat) and pen testers would meet, share ideas like you know how hackforums.net and other security forums work. As we know the only way to protect your computer is to hack it. Only I laugh when I see some skids doing copy and paste work and some who don't even know anything, just trying to feel among would want to comment as well.

This has to stop. We need to start giving and sharing ideas to Nigerians as we are ranked number 16 most vulnerable country to cyber attacks. Guys I'd like us to come together and share ideas, what you know I know somethings, and I'd like to meet someone who knows as well. So pls if you are capable, let's see you.

With some of ur posts, you don't appear to be someone who wants to gain more knowledge but someone who only want to share what he knows.

POA: you still av a long way to go to be a real hacker
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
Whytelyon:

Sincerely sorry, I just saw this now. I am always online. Today im learning kernel level programming in C
please can you give me a detailed explanation on sql injection
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by Alejob: 3:58am On Apr 09, 2018
Are you in need of a portable energy solution that is efficient and can be carried around without stress ..... I recommend Mobile Power Solution for you

This setup can power your TV LED plus Decoder (5hours plus) , Laptop (10-24hrs+) , Phone/Tab (a week) Light Bulb (Days), Clipper (10hrs+), e.t.c. and the icing on the cake is that it is exceptionally mobile.....you easily charge at work and use at home or add solar panel to charge it during the day

If you are into freelancing, coding, programing, manuscript editing, data analysis or working with Autocad, Archicad or work for lengthy hours on laptops.... At the price of 35K.....this is a must have.....

It can be recharge back in about 4 -5 hours
Compatible with all laptop and many electronic device....

Extremely mobile and therefore
Improves productivity and entertaining hours everywhere and anywhere
Compact and easy to carry about
Quite affordable and no maintenance needed

Maximum load capacity is 100watt... So overloading is a no no

Price: N35, 000

For more info, contact: 08065316307
oladipoadeyeye@gmail.com
Cheers!

https:///Cf4dTuhBnLM5sBXo0hN17I

https://www.nairaland.com/1565780/power-bank-power-tv-decoder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMRpTOwnNM
Re: Are There Pentesters In Nigeria? by infosecresearch: 3:55pm On May 21, 2018
patriotsam:

With some of ur posts, you don't appear to be someone who wants to gain more knowledge but someone who only want to share what he knows.

POA: you still av a long way to go to be a real hacker

https://www.facebook.com/ArridaeInfosec/posts/2019335361433482

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full-stack Developer - Full-time / QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List / Semalt Shares A Guide To Blocking And Removing Google Analytics Spam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.