Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Full-stack Developer - Full-time - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Full-stack Developer - Full-time (4661 Views)

A Full-time Full-stack Developer Wanted In Ikeja / Looking For A Full-stack Developer / 6 Months Web Developer Full Stack Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full-stack Developer - Full-time by xcelmind(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2016
We are on the course of something really exciting here at Codulab. Work is becoming temporary, global, social, fluid, and collaborative. Companies are beginning to leverage remote talents to work on existing and awesome new projects.

About The Senior Software Developer Role

As a Senior Software Developer, you will primarily work as a Lead Developer and Technical Team Lead for any one of our clients. Our clients operate in a wide-range of industries, but their common thread is that they create mobile and/or web-based products that bring value to their customers through the use of technology. You should love working on complex problems, building elegant systems, and be able to build a v1 of almost anything in a weekend. You have tinkered with PHP/Laravel, Node, Angular/React, Docker, and Python.

Also you will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work under you.

In addition to your client work, you will also serve as a mentor and technical resource to Codulab developers outside of your team.

As one of our engineers you will own important initiatives and be treated as a true partner as we navigate exciting & uncharted business and technical challenges.

Skills and Requirements

. Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
. Have at least 4 years of experience working in software development
. Have built and deployed web applications using PHP/Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Django or a JavaScript stack
. Have built iOS or Android mobile apps
. Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
. A strong desire to mentor other developers
. Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
. Have excellent interpersonal skills.
. Have strong leadership skills.

Why you’ll love it here

. Competitive compensation consisting of salary and equity.
. Entrepreneurial environment, opportunity to develop yourself and grow.
. Be a part of a fun, talented, collaborative and passionate team… a place people love to work.
. Have a huge impact on the future of work in Africa

How to apply

We’re just getting started. Join us to help build the future of work. Send an email to stanley@codulab.com and mention any relevant projects you worked on that demonstrate your skills including a link to your GitHub profle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by talk2hb1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Must be a Living Thing grin
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
talk2hb1:
Must be a Living Thing grin
Devil is a liar, even the great TROLL did not meet up to all these requirements. I will be very much interested in the person that gets this job - I meant salary wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by talk2hb1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Devil is a liar, even the great TROLL did not meet up to all these requirements. I will be very much interested in the person that gets this job - I meant salary wise.
Just a dose of 9jatitude undecided
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by romme2u: 4:51am On Aug 12, 2016
talk2hb1:

Just a dose of 9jatitude undecided

grin grin grin

chai bros, u and dhtml18 won't kill me with laughter.

this trolling is so professional
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 12, 2016
Devil is a liar:

You should love working on complex problems, building elegant systems, and be able to build a v1 of almost anything in a weekend. You have tinkered with PHP/Laravel, Node, Angular/React, Docker, and Python.
This is actually what killed me in the entire something. This is really scary, I know how long it took me to do the version 1 of the old Nairaland, even this version 2 sef that I am still battling with, I don nearly die. Now imagine the company OGA shouting over my head to produce a version of something in a weekend, I shall just drop my resignation and go back to my village to execute the task below:

while(farming_is_possible()) continue;

A company called me up earlier this year, after all the rigmarole, they now announced my salary the salary of their enemy as 150k/month. Err, you should know the rest of the story now. . . .there are 3 likely possibilities:

A. I took up the job, went to church for thanksgiving and even killed a goat e-goat.
B. I. . . . . .fainted (out of shock). . . . . .then. . . . . . . .e-died and was rushed to an e-mortuary
C. I shouted DEVIL-IS-A-LIAR and ran away at top speed as if someone was after my life

5 Likes

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2016
@xcelmind I meet up with your requirements but kindly make my salary public, so I know if I will spill my blood and sweat for something and it is necessary you make it public perhaps I will need to refer you to this link when we start having money issues
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by talk2hb1(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:
Devil is a liar:

This is actually what killed me in the entire something. This is really scary, I know how long it took me to do the version 1 of the old Nairaland, even this version 2 sef that I am still battling with, I don nearly die. Now imagine the company OGA shouting over my head to produce a version of something in a weekend, I shall just drop my resignation and go back to my village to execute the task below:

while(farming_is_possible()) continue;

A company called me up earlier this year, after all the rigmarole, they now announced my salary the salary of their enemy as 150k/month. Err, you should know the rest of the story now. . . .there are 3 likely possibilities:

A. I took up the job, went to church for thanksgiving and even killed a goat e-goat.
B. I. . . . . .fainted (out of shock). . . . . .then. . . . . . . .e-died and was rushed to an e-mortuary
C. I shouted DEVIL-IS-A-LIAR and ran away at top speed as if someone was after my life
I fell victim last year after my service for a guy I met here on NLand, we agreed to 100K salary for a starter.

1 Like

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

I can't stop laughing, ppl looking at me like 'another one again, God'

Truly, the trolling is professional.....
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
CodeHouse:
@xcelmind I meet up with your requirements but kindly make my salary public, so I know if I will spill my blood and sweat for something and it is necessary you make it public perhaps I will need to refer you to this link when we start having money issues
I wish you success bro. Your salary will be like 100 - 150k/month, don't sweat it. If you think you will be getting like 500k/month, you are sitting on a very long something.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:

I wish you success bro. Your salary will be like 100 - 150k/month, don't sweat it. If you think you will be getting like 500k/month, you are sitting on a very long something.

dhtml, you suppose know na
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
CodeHouse:

dhtml, you suppose know na
Maybe you can get 180k sha, but i doubt it.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:

Maybe you can get 180k sha, but i doubt it.

With the current rate of things in the country, I go fit accept 300K and when things settle, we talk on raise
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
@op, over to you. . . . . . .can you pay this honourable programmer 300k or not? I don't know your company's wallet size. But if you are hoping to pay the interested candidate like ehm 100-150k, well, you are sitting on a very SHORT SOMETHING.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:
@op, over to you. . . . . . .can you pay this honourable programmer 300k or not? I don't know your company's wallet size. But if you are hoping to pay the interested candidate like ehm 100-150k, well, you are sitting on a very SHORT SOMETHING.

150k ke? I don't even expect to be credited on 30th or 31st of the month, if you can't pay at most 27th of every month forget it...I have my reasons
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
E be like say you no need work o.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:
E be like say you no need work o.

Hmmm.. lol
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by general4gety(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Raypawer(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2016
i just fear for the requirements, op..

oga dhtml18 your trolling... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by seunoni34(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
dhtml18:

The funny truth is that, companies with jam-packed qualifications like this one hardly pay good money. And they'll use the developer like tissue

2 Likes

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
seunoni34:

The funny truth is that, companies with jam-packed qualifications like this one hardly pay good money. And they'll use the developer like tissue
#word

Raypawer:
i just fear for the requirements, op..
oga dhtml18 your trolling... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Hmn, the requirements are fearful, e be like say they want like 6-in-1 meta-inhuman
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
dhtml18:

#word

Hmn, the requirements are fearful, e be like say they want like 6-in-1 meta-inhuman

Laughs.. Well sometimes we program for the joy derived from it, though you cannot rule out the money factor.. As rightly said by seunoni34, they dont like paying but want programmers that will code like Jackie Chan

1 Like

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by xcelmind(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
@dhtml18, @CodeHouse. My first observation here is how people quickly think of how they will get rewarded in monetary terms. I bet most of you didn't see this part

Competitive compensation consisting of salary and equity.

Do you know how much the first engineer at Facebook is worth now?

Also, building a V1 of anything can happen in a weekend. It doesn't have to all the features. Maybe it's just a login and dashboard. You will know what I mean if you've been to a hackathon.

Anyone interested should send me a mail. Above your skills, you must have the right attitude to work.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by xcelmind(m): 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Again, I want to state that this role as Full Stack Developer doesn't mean you will be coding all day and night. It's just that you have the required knowledge to manage other developers working on various projects remotely. So having understanding of various programming knowledge is key.

Lastly before you reply, visit our website http://codulab.com to understand what we do.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
I see, this is a very good explanation. Where is that code-house now by the way? e be like say the dude don run away.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by trytillmake(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2016
dhtml18:
Devil is a liar:

Bro. 150k, but seriously how do you get yr clientele, this same naija programmers dey earn 400-500k to 900k in some firms, i know cause my guy just collect new official car from office plus new ride for house, so i think we should push for better firms who can afford it, the salary will be commensurate.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2016
trytillmake:

Bro. 150k, but seriously how do you get yr clientele, this same naija programmers dey earn 400-500k to 900k in some firms, i know cause my guy just collect new official car from office plus new ride for house, so i think we should push for better firms who can afford it, the salary will be commensurate.
I believe the problem is that many companies do not know that there are many grades of developers. They think they can get the best of developers for salaries less than 200k because the country is hard, but people like me will have none of that.

As for me, I have been able to get a fair arrangement.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by trytillmake(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
dhtml18:

I believe the problem is that many companies do not know that there are many grades of developers. They think they can get the best of developers for salaries less than 200k because the country is hard, but people like me will have none of that.

As for me, I have been able to get a fair arrangement.

Bro, i trust you, i know say u be BABA, bUT seriously firms managing banks, government, oil and gas, telecommunication operations in naija are paying wella, i trip wen i got to my friends house see the new elantra dem give am for i'm level some other staff got jeeps, wao, i say for this kind time, things are still happening o!

One just has to keep going on strong and good in your field, trust me the opportunity will come, programming ideas are evolving daily and programmers will be needed to solve these.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
There are good jobs in this country if you look hard enough.

1 Like

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by Raypawer(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Lol first programmer at facebook is no other than mark himself, why not learn programming first b4 going for a software coy?

nd this v1 in a weekend means working 4 ur coy u no get weekend 4 ur self? hm nobsmaltin!

xcelmind:
@dhtml18, @CodeHouse. My first observation here is how people quickly think of how they will get rewarded in monetary terms. I bet most of you didn't see this part

Also, building a V1 of anything can happen in a weekend. It doesn't have to all the features. Maybe it's just a login and dashboard. You will know what I mean if you've been to a hackathon.

Anyone interested should send me a mail. Above your skills, you must have the right attitude to work.
Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
People say experience is the best teacher.. My comment is based on past and current experiences and Nairaland is full of such people who come here and outline their wants.

xcelmind:

Re: Full-stack Developer - Full-time by CodeHouse: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
dhtml18:
I see, this is a very good explanation. Where is that code-house now by the way? e be like say the dude don run away.

Dhtml naa.. Do I have any reason to run?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Semalt Shares A Guide To Blocking And Removing Google Analytics Spam / QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List / Java Proramers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.