Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! (4505 Views)

Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! by JobForNigeria: 11:51am On Nov 28, 2016
Nigerian graduates face several obstacles in the labour market, ranging from the scarcity of jobs to the authenticity of job vacancies. Another obstacle is the issue of misleading job titles, which sugarcoat a job vacancy, as in the case of Andrew, whose job interview for a position in ARM Life Plc, wasn't what he expected (read below).

Successful Application Text Message

I was thrilled to have received a text from ARM Life Plc stating that I was successful:

Sequel to your application, you are hereby invited for an interview on Tues. 16/8/16 by 10a.m @95b Opebi Road, Off Sheraton Link Bridge, Ikeja. ARM. Ifunanya

However, I was skeptical of the authenticity of the text message as I had made hundreds of applications, and couldn't seem to remember applying to ARM Life. Subsequently, I searched my email and found an application I sent few weeks prior; it was an application for a Financial Advisor position.

I was happy, but on reading the job description, it sounded like a glorified marketing position. I remembered the Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc interview I skipped because I learnt from Nairaland that it was a marketing position which pays only on commission basis.

However, I was determined to attend the interview, as I had nothing to lose. I ended up preparing for the interview the day prior to the interview date.

The interview

The interview was scheduled for 10 a.m, and I arrived the company reception at 9:46 a.m. I was greeted by the receptionist, and was to told to sign the visitors register, and I was directed to a meeting room upstairs. On entering the room, I saw about 26 other candidates waiting in the room, and I took a seat at the back.

While waiting, I was interacting with some young men who I met at the meeting room, and there was speculation as to what sort of job it was. This question was answered when a candidate asked an ARM Life staff, and was told it was a marketing role. I decided to stay on and see for myself as I had already made the journey to the venue. This was not the case for the candidate who asked the question, as he left the room immediately. Poor guy made up an excuse to the company he worked for just so he could attend that interview, only to be disappointed.

See what ARM Life did here: http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng/2016/11/graduate-and-undergraduate_28.html
Re: See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! by HelloItsMe: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na wa o! Later people will be calling Buhari!
Re: See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! by bella2468: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
I got that same text this afternoon. These people sha.
Re: See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! by chyegems(f): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2017
Blog opened only to invited readers...so make I waka pass.

1 Like

Re: See what ARM Life Plc did to this candidate! by dharmhie(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
good evening House, pls I received this mail from armlife plc

Your hereby invited for an interview at our Ikeja Office.

VENUE: ARMLIFE PLC, 95B Opebi Road, Off Sheraton Link Bridge Ikeja.

DATE: 04/02/2019.

TIME: 9:00 Prompt

pls I wanna confirm if it's not a marketing job. anyone with any info about them.

(1) (Reply)

Project Management Professional (pmp) Exam / Nse Technical Report / Steps To Brainstorming With Your Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.