Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say (42845 Views)

See One Record Of Ronaldo That Messi Cannot Break Untill He Retires / ‘ronaldo Does Things That Messi Doesn’t’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by mriyesecnerwal(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
How can you compare talent and hard work. Messi is talented and ronaldo is pure hard work. Ronaldo fought his way through to the top. Lisbon, man utd, real madrid, portugal, unlike mess argentina, barcelona, barcelona, barcelona. Ronaldo anyday. Well waiting for man utd vs west ham again!

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by KingRex1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
This argument would never end.
Simple truth is that Messi is better. Umtiti says he uses them as cones during training. Sometimes he dribbles past all players..

But like I said this argument no get end and Messi be like:

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ddippset(m): 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
all my life I never heard on TV, radio or seen in the internet ,any player or commentator or journalist call ronaldo the best ever or compare him to maradona and pele. not once! but all my life I have heard a lot of times journalists, footballers and commentators compare messi to maradona and pele and call him the best ever. enough said.

7 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by legendte(m): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
danfidel01:

Bro I won't argue any other thing with you, but we all know A world class team is different from a Great team of great players.
You cannot compare a team of Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Puyol et al to a team of scholes, Nani, Carrick, Tevez. That would be a crime.

Moreover, those days when Ronaldo played for Man u, he was not the main man, everybody played their game, everybody scored for team, everybody was indispensable; He had to put in so much effort to stand out from the rest in the team. That's why Nani never accomplished Ronaldo's feat because he can never put in such hard work rate and extreme training that Ronaldo does.

Lastly, if you would pick somebody as a model and a good example to look up to(or learn from), You know it would definitely be ROnaldo. You have so much to learn from his success than From MEssi's. Ronaldo is the true definition of HARD WORK, DISCIPLINE AND CONSISTENCY. nut this is not to rule the fact that Messi is not good. He is infact one hell of a player I respect and fear more.
Stick to the topic. We are not talking about their life but their impact on the game.
You don't know what Messi suffered while growing up before Barca came to the rescue.
Back to the game, people don't know how difficult it is to rise in a star studded team. Just look at iheanacho competing for a place with aguero and later you will say his job is easier than a man who is shinning at Everton.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by danfidel01(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
allansie:

Mad man....luck wasn't just on his side with the national team...he has few finlas with them and he has lost on penalties...Even Ronaldo wasn't on the pitch when portugal won the euros...Let Ronaldo take portugal 2 a world cup final...stupid n idiotic fellow oshi

Ohh sorrry I forgot. Ronaldo didn't score important goals in the competition abi?

thi got me thinking....
Maybe what Messi also needs is for him NOT to PLAY in the next Argentina final even tough he is the one who gets them there.

Then he can be "lucky" like Ronaldo.

#justsaying

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by sammyj: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Perfect comment. You just nailed it. !!! grin
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by yeezyquan(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ronaldo is compared to messi
messi is compared to the likes of Pele.maradona

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Seunnzy(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
devilson:
ronaldo has always been a better player than messi,he his more compete than messi

ronaldo is good with heading than mesi
he has more shoot accuracy
ronaldo is a better free kick taker
the old ronaldo when he was In man United is more skillful but messi is a better dribbler.
Goal keepers fear ronaldo more.

ronaldo has won trophy in sporting Lisbon,man United,real Madrid nd Portugal but messi only won In Barcelona.

messi is great but Ronaldo is god

God bless c.boy
Ronaldo winning any trophy with lisbon is a blantant lie!bruh check the records..he won nothing..his first trophy came in England which was when he won FA cup

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by ObaKlaz: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lol. Real unbiased football lovers and sport pundits know WHO THE BEST IS, they have always mentioned WHO that is, and they have not stopped doing so.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by teehay45(m): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
RighteousI:
THE BEST WAY TO KNOW WHO IS BETTER IS TO COMPARE BOTH OF THEM TO ANOTHER GREAT PLAYER LIKE THIERRY HENRY. WHO IS BETTER, THIERRY HENRY OR RONALDO? AND WHO IS BETTER, THIERRY HENRY OR MESSI?
OF COURSE MESSI IS BETTER THAN THIERRY HENRY BUT I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT RONALDO IS BETTER THAN THIERRY HENRY.
THERE IS NO CONTEST HERE, MESSI IS BETTER.
if u had compared Ronaldo to Zidane it could av been understandable, buh Henry who can not boast of a single world footballer of the year
Ronaldo is better than d rest

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by superstarDikk(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
KevinDein:
Only Madrid, man utd, Portuguese and some Chelsea fans cum Barca haters will say Ronaldo is any where close to Messi. The rest of the unbias world who are largely neutrals know Messi is miles better than Ronaldo.

In all honesty these two should not even be compared.
Messi is mentioned alongside maradonna, Pele while Ronaldo should be compared with the likes of Neymar, Suarez etc no offence
U talk abt bias abi, na ur type de watch ball with sentiment. Messi is great but greatness is Ronaldo. How dare u compare lame asses to the great one?

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by legendte(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
danfidel01:

So Ronaldo is not the highest goal scorer for club and country abi angry angry. SEE me see talk o...Yimu. He even acheived it within a shorter than Messi.and the other madrid legends.
Lol, how old is Ronaldo?
Just Google their stat
Check their goal per game ratio

We should be talking about Messi and Pele
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Comparing C. Ronaldo to MESSI is like comparing the NSCDC to the US. NAVAL SEAL
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by buzquet(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
Let messi come.and try other leagues and know say Rinaldo na im papa,pogba and IBRA are singing a new song now cos they are playing in a strange land.
great footballers don't play in England!

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by lolawilliams(f): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ronaldo has proved himself in 3 different competition, Portugal, Epl and La Liga). Both players are better players, but if I was a coach and I have the opportunity to pick a player, i'd put Ronaldo in my team.

He has that leadership and athletism.

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Kxke(m): 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ronaldo is good but Messi is phenomenal-out of this world!

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
Kxke:
Ronaldo is good but Messi is phenomenal-out of this world!
MESSI is a GIFT from GOD Almighty to soccer lovers of the world.

C. Ronaldo plays Football.
MESSI plays SOCCER

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by superstarDikk(m): 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
allansie:
Both players are very talented in their own ways buh if I am 2 choose,I tink I wil go for Lionel Messi...he's a huge talent...The difference btw d 2 is dat....Ronaldo needs a team to succeed while a team needs Messi to succeed...Am a ManUtd Fan...
U need to rephrase my friend. put Ronaldo alongside Xavi n Iniesta n he will score 200 goals every fukking season. Why is Messi mediocre when he plays for Argentina?

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by promzyphyno(m): 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon79:

Yeah, Messi cannot play in the EPL. Just look at what Messi's bench warmers (Yaya Toure, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro etc.) are doing in the EPL....at least, that would tell you that Messi cannot play in the EPL. Bizarre people!!

And by the way, while at it, we should refuse to rate Mikel Jordan and Kobe Bryant as good Basketball players because they ended their careers with one team. Some of you guys are just pure retards angry

Bros abeg help me tell them
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
KevinDein:
Only Madrid, man utd, Portuguese and some Chelsea fans cum Barca haters will say Ronaldo is any where close to Messi. The rest of the unbias world who are largely neutrals know Messi is miles better than Ronaldo.

In all honesty these two should not even be compared.
Messi is mentioned alongside maradonna, Pele while Ronaldo should be compared with the likes of Neymar, Suarez etc no offence
You are mad sir

3 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by STDAVID32: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
...Wat a fallacious statement... Pelé of Brazil is regarded as d greatest footballer ever..bt Pelé Neva leave Brazilian club side (Santos) throughout his career...yet is one of d greatest footballer

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by buzquet(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vick4rill:
this is solely your opinion. a cristiano ronaldo lover will easily counter this claims. as for me am yet to see what messi can do in the field that ronaldo can not do so also is messi. if you talk about messi winning trophies than ronaldo what abt other trophies ronaldo has that messi does not have. the truth is that messi and ronaldo are different player entirely who very good at what they do.they dont play in the same position and each person is better than his opponent in one way or the other. but my reason for pickin ronaldo over messi, is his consistancy despite been in different clubs

No no no no! Ronaldo is just a pure goal scorer. Messi is a great goal scorer, great dribbler and great passer!

I challenge you to show me Renaldo's 3 solo goals that he skipped past minimum of 4 players

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Seunnzy(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
teehay45:
if u had compared Ronaldo to Zidane it could av been understandable, buh Henry who can not boast of a single world footballer of the year
Ronaldo is better than d rest
when Henry was playing football many great technical and world class players were gracing the pitch too unlike the lazy overrated asses we have currently
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dabrightt: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
Ok you expect him to play for man u,leicester or who I want to know..can you work in shell or shevron has a manager and resign to work for nigerian breweries has a manager they no be dsame bros let not talk out of content make we no retard this geninous called messi...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by drnairalov: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
let us just enjoy the beautiful game. they are both good.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by zuma4k(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
This Man has changed the history of Football.Take a look here
Messi has won every individual trophies of FIFA.
And He won Six Trophies in a Single season With Barcelona.
And Not just this
This Man Never Dives.
He dribbles Flawlessly.
He passes Accurately .
He is a wonder to watch with his awesome nutmegs.
He just lofts the ball into the Box with a backspin.
He can even play as a winger .
He helps out Defense.
He also plays the role of a play maker.
He has the Perfect Balance and Ball Control.
He enjoys not just scoring but even assisting .
He is passion driven.
Here are some Quotes on Messi
---
"For me, to watch Messi play is a pleasure – it’s like having an orgasm – it’s an incredible pleasure." - Luis Figo
"Messi is the best in the world without any doubt and for me the history of football," Luis Enrique.
"Once they said they can only stop me with a pistol. Today you need a machine gun to stop Messi." - Hristo Stoichkov
"Messi or Ronaldo best player in the world? In the world, I would say Ronaldo. Messi is from another planet." - Turkish international Arda Turan
"Messi is God, as a person and even more as a player. I knew him when he was a boy and I’ve watched him grow. He deserves it all." - Samuel Eto'o
"Although he may not be human, it’s good that Messi still thinks he is." -Javier Mascherano
"They tell me that all men are equal in God’s eyes, this player makes you seriously think about those words. " - Football commentator Ray Hudson
"Newton and Einstein had a certain level of autism - I hope that, like them, Messi surpasses himself every day and continues to give us his beautiful brand of football." - Romario
"Messi is the Mozart of football." - Radomir Antic
Leo Messi
"It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who do not see that are blind." - Xavi
"There are three or four important things in life: books, friends, women… and Messi." - Portuguese writer Antonio Lobo Antunes
"Barca will never have a player like Messi again. Messi’s greatness is present on and off the field of play." - Barcelona president Sandro Rosell
"At this point I’m starting to believe that Messi is tightly related to Clark Kent." - Israeli model Bar Rafaeli
"Messi is class. There is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary." - Franck Ribery
"We give him the ball and stand back and watch. People often say to me they saw Pele and Maradona play. In the future, I will be able to say I saw Messi play." - Thiago Alcanatara
"He is always going forwards. He never passes the ball backwards or sideways. He has only one idea, to run towards the goal. So as a football fan, just enjoy the show." - Zinedine Zidane
"He sees passes that most people can only see whilst watching the game on TV, not ones that you can normally see on the pitch." - Tata Martino
"For the world of football, Messi is a treasure because he is role model for children around the world… Messi will be the player to win the most Ballons d’Or in history. He will win five, six, seven. He is incomparable. He’s in a different league." - Johan Cruyff
Lionel Messi
"I have played against Platini, Maradona, Cruyff and played with George Best — a lot of big names, but none of them has been able to do what Messi does. Two years ago I said that the best player I played against was Maradona and the best player I have played with was Bestie. But I can now say I have never seen a player as good as Messi. He’s in a league of his own." - Former Tottenham star Gerry Armstrong
"Diego [Maradona] filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona. " - Diego Simeone
"There is no doubt, you’re from another galaxy. Thanks Leo." - Maxi Rodriguez
"Who is the Best Player in the World? Leo Messi. Who is the Best Player Ever? Leo Messi." -Arsene Wenger
"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius." - Diego Maradona
"I like Messi a lot, he’s a great player. Technically, we’re practically at the same level." - Pele
Lionel Messi and Pele
"Messi does not need his right foot. He only uses the left and he’s still the best in the world. Imagine if he also used his right foot, Then we would have serious problems." - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
"Fella’s a genius. Best ever by a distance in my life time. Never really saw Pele… Souness, Gullit, Venables and now Rooney agree Messi is the best they have seen. He plays a game with which we are not familiar." - Gary Lineker
"I played with Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Laudrup and Stoichkov but Messi is the best I’ve seen" - Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Albert Ferrer
"It feels good to be in the same generation as him. I believe he’s the best player in the history of the sport." - Gerard Pique
"Messi defies the laws of anatomy, he must have an extra bone in his ankle." - Argentina's 1986 World Cup-winning coach Carlos Bilardo
"Who’s better, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo? Messi. Ronaldo is good, but Messi is 10 times better." - Dutch star Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
"Lionel Messi is quite clearly the best player ever. It’s a pleasure to pit myself against him and when I finish my career it’s something I can look back on and know I’ve tested myself against the very best." - John Terry
"In my entire life I have never seen a player of such quality and personality at such a young age, particularly wearing the ‘heavy’ shirt of one of the world’s great clubs." - Fabio Capello
Lionel Messi
"Messi is better than Maradona; he is more complete, more consistent, more spectacular. He is reinventing the game – a mix of the real and the virtual." - Tostão
"I am not crazy enough to compare myself with Messi because he is the best there ever was and the best there will ever be ." - Mario Gomez
"I was a big fan of Maradona growing up and of the current crop Ronaldo is good but Messi is the best I’ve ever seen. I don’t dish out praise lightly but Messi deserves it. I look for weaknesses in his game and I can’t find them." - Roy Keane
"Messi is the best player ever. And this is said by someone who has seen Maradona and Pele play." - AC Milan chief Adriano Galliani
"He is the best in the world. Football seems easy when he plays it." - Bacary Sagna
Lionel Messi
"I wear the number 10 Jersey for the US National Team in honour of the Greatest athlete I have ever seen: Messi." - Kobe Bryant
"The only bad thing about Ronaldo’s life is Messi. If it was not for him, Ronaldo would be the best player in the world for five years in a row." - Felipe Scolari
"I can’t believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi." - Michael Owen
"Is Messi a real player or a PlayStation character?" - Radamel Falcao
"Messi is a genius. He has everything. When I watch him, I see a player who is very, very, skillful, very clever and his left foot is like Diego Maradona’s." - Franz Beckenbauer
"Messi or Cristiano? Cristiano Ronaldo is very good, but I prefer Messi. He’s incredible." -Gheorghe Hagi
"Comparing CR7 to Messi is an exercise of ignorance in football. Messi is Messi and others, footballers." - Spanish manager Miguel Angel Lotina
"The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred percent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible." - Real Madrid legend Raul
"If he is so good, how can you express that? The superlatives ran out ages ago. On these pages, swearing has been tried. Or perhaps a symbol, something to signify that we have gone beyond words now." - Football writer Sid Lowe
"Don't write about him, don't try to describe him. Just watch him." - Pep Guardiola

10 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by shurlar50(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
To be honest, there iss nothing to argue about ... everyone knows Messi is more talented thaan Ronaldo but fans' preference will differ. Ronaldo should be compared to Suarez, griezmann, Lewandowski and the likes...I mean all he does now is score goals, he doesnt destroy defenders' career with rutal dribbling like Messi...that doesnt make Messi the preferable option.
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by dabrightt: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
gbeseun:
Do you expect him to play for man u,leicester or which of them?I want to know..can you work in shell or shevron has a manager and resign to work for nigerian breweries has a manager they no be dsame bros let not talk out of content make we no retard this geninous called messi...
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by Emmariks(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
allansie:
Both players are very talented in their own ways buh if I am 2 choose,I tink I wil go for Lionel Messi...he's a huge talent...The difference btw d 2 is dat....Ronaldo needs a team to succeed while a team needs Messi to succeed...Am a ManUtd Fan...
But Messi was in Argentina during the world cup yet they didnt succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by superstarDikk(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
malton:
“He’s an incredible footballer. The best ever, the best there will ever be. It’s just an absolute pleasure to watch him.” - Steven Gerrard on Messi.

To me, I believe that it's still a miracle how C. Ronaldo managed to win three Ballon d'Ors in an era of Messi.

That guy is the best bar none!

Gerrard, Xavi and co r just jealous they can never be Ronaldo. he is rich, handsome n fu¥king talented. They hate him cuz they think he is arrogant, if u were him wouldn't u be?

1 Like

Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by bhankie(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ronaldo's left foot is almost as good as his right, Messi has only his left leg. Ronaldo shoots from a distance and he's good in the air, yet with all these qualities he still falls short of Messi in my opinion. Ronaldo is not really a team player, he's more obsessed with himself and breaking records than playing for his team, he also has this arrogance about him. The truth is everybody knows that Messi is better except fans of Real Madrid and Man Utd and fans of the Portuguese national team
Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say by mikejegede(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
;Di like c ronaldo more,but messi is better...#ROLLINGWITHTHEBLUES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Amodu Shuaibu’s Son, Suleman, Dies At 12 / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win / Jude Ighalo Visits His Former Street In Ajegunle, Attends Salami Street Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.