Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Examine Before You Appraise - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Examine Before You Appraise (462 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Examine Before You Appraise by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please appraise and critique

Grrrrrrring - the door bell rang

"Who's it? I'm coming." Kingsley answered as he sprinted towards the door.

"Welcome. You came at the right time." He said as he led Emily into his apartment.

"Thank you." Emily grinned.

"Make yourself comfortable." Kingsley gestured towards the dining.

Emily and Kingsley met at a Friend's wedding, exchanged contacts and Kingsley has been all over Emily. Emily had to play hard to get, insisting that she just left an abusive relationship and she's not ready to go into another relationship yet. But her body language kept selling her out.

"Hmm... I can perceive some good aroma." Emily said.

"Just wait till you taste my cook. you will be amazed at my culinary skills." Kingsley replied shortly as he made his way to the kitchen.

Earlier that week, they had had a bet. Kingsley had boasted to Emily that he's a good cook and if Emily should taste his food, she would fall in love with him - Emily accepted the bet, that she would date him if he cooks well. So Kingsley invited her over for dinner that weekend.

30 minutes later, Kingsley brought the food, rice and stew served in a beautiful ceramic plate.

"Here's your meal, My Lady!"

"Wow! Wow!!" she exclaimed. "This is beautiful and I'm sure it will taste great. Thank you!"

She dipped her hand into her purse and brought out her phone. "My friends on Facebook need to see this." and she snapped the food and uploaded it on Facebook with the caption: 'See what BAE prepared for me. Isn't he cute? #yummy #delicious #delectable #BAE4Life,' which attracted so many likes and positive comments.

She dropped the phone on the table and without wasting much of her time, she grabbed a spoon full into her mouth.

Immediately, she spat the food out, with disgust.

"Aargh - what's this? There's no sufficient salt, in fact, the food is tasteless, and the rice is half cooked." She grumbled.

"Oh, so sorry. But I tasted it and it was nice." Kingsley said as he took a little quantity and tasted it.

"What's nice here?" She shot him a disappointing look.

"I'm really sorry. Please give me another chance to make it up to you." He pleaded.

Emily began to reflect on her earlier appraisal of the food. she quickly recalled the words of her mother: don't appraise until you examine.

Indeed, all that glitters is not gold. I should have tasted the food before going public, she thought to herself.

"You've made me to mislead my Facebook friends now."

"Don't worry about them." He retorted.

"How would they know the food is not tasty? I will improve on my culinary skills." He pleaded again.

"I hope so." She said, waving her right hand in the air.

"Is that a yes to my proposal?" Kingsley asked with his eyes wide open.

Emily grinned.

(1) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Flora Nwapa's Posthumous Birthday / Night At The Graveyard By Pen / Masquerades And Puppeteers: The Rebirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.