Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

At Crossroads - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Crossroads (942 Views)

My Wife Or Wife Of My Brother In Law. At Crossroads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Crossroads by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
Let it begins.
Re: At Crossroads by RoyalRoy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Your life is not useless.
You just need to focus on one of your many gifts.

You are torn between many parts. Pick the one that is most dear to you and begin to develop your swine that field.

A jack of many trades becomes a master of non in the end.

Don't worry about your hearing impediment, at least you can speak!!!

Keep speaking!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: At Crossroads by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
RoyalRoy:
Your life is not useless.
Our just need to focus on one of your many gifts.

You are torn between many parts. Pick the one that is most dear to you and begin to develop your swine that field.

A jack of many trades becomes a master of non in the end.

Don't worry about your hearing impediment, at least you can speak!!!

Keep speaking!!!!!!!!!!!

That public speaking is my battle-ready skill, but I can only maximize it on the pulpit. Now I don't fancy the pulpit that much again.
Re: At Crossroads by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
As for the angst over your literary talent not generating enough accolades, income and publicity, I would refer you to this quote:

“Write with no pay until someone offers to pay”Mark Twain.

Keep writing. Just because you can't see your big break in the offing doesn't mean it isn't there. It is at this point that your doggedness and determination matter the most.

And as for you feeling bummed about your hearing impediment, I would impore you to read the story of Hellen Keller.

This was a woman, who though was born physically disadvantaged, still managed to turn the curveballs life threw her way into pleasant fortune cookies. It would interest you to know that she was the first deaf-blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree.

See? Your situation is not the worst there is.
Re: At Crossroads by Cavenchy(m): 7:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Well if you have an active mind, why not set up a blog or even vlog on youtube about things you are passionate about. Check KSI and Comedyshortsgamer, they are young youtubers born to Nigerian parents who have made massive money online from just their oratory skills and bubbly personalities while playing video games. Many people would envy you if you only knew how best to apply yourself and believe in yourself. Some are Engineers, Doctors or Lawyers who think you have it better than them in terms of where the money is really being made in today's world, but you probably think they are better off, but are they really? Think about this: A dozen and one million Nigerians probably exist that would love to blog or vlog but don't have the literary versatility or time at their disposal, perhaps they ventured into an alternative career that is very demanding or are stuck in a 9-5 job they don't like simply because they've got many mouths to feed.

Ultimately, think Futuristic. I have noticed Nigeria is a great place but 80% of her people are not able to think futuristically. This is how you can stand out. Observe global trends and don't be caught sleeping on a bike. Wole Soyinka might have won a nobel due to the bravado he exhibited in his time, but the kids making it big now aren't doing the same things their father's did. In order for you to be relevant in the future, you have to be able to tell what the next big thing is gonna be and latch on to the moving train like your life depended on it. Michael Jackson and Donald Trump didn't remain relevant for 3 decades doing the same things their counterparts did, they focused on tweaking and keeping their craft relevant to whatever time and generation was taking over, and they did it big league.

No matter the field you finally decide to venture into, always remember it's not what you do that really matters most of the time, it's how you do it. People would likely forget what you did for them but they never forget how you made them feel.

Best wishes.
Re: At Crossroads by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2016
Cavenchy:
Well if you have an active mind, why not set up a blog or even vlog on youtube about things you are passionate about. Check KSI and Comedyshortsgamer, they are young youtubers born to Nigerian parents who have made massive money online from just their oratory skills and bubbly personalities while playing video games. Many people would envy you if you only knew how best to apply yourself and believe in yourself. Some are Engineers, Doctors or Lawyers who think you have it better than them in terms of where the money is really being made in today's world, but you probably think they are better off, but are they really? Think about this: A dozen and one million Nigerians probably exist that would love to blog or vlog but don't have the literary versatility or time at their disposal, perhaps they ventured into an alternative career that is very demanding or are stuck in a 9-5 job they don't like simply because they've got many mouths to feed.

Ultimately, think Futuristic. I have noticed Nigeria is a great place but 80% of her people are not able to think futuristically. This is how you can stand out. Observe global trends and don't be caught sleeping on a bike. Wole Soyinka might have won a nobel due to the bravado he exhibited in his time, but the kids making it big now aren't doing the same things their father's did. In order for you to be relevant in the future, you have to be able to tell what the next big thing is gonna be and latch on to the moving train like your life depended on it. Michael Jackson and Donald Trump didn't remain relevant for 3 decades doing the same things their counterparts did, they focused on tweaking and keeping their craft relevant to whatever time and generation was taking over, and they did it with a big bang.

No matter the field you finally decide to venture into, always remember it's not what you do that really matters most of the time, it's how you do it. People would likely forget what you did for them but they never forget how you made them feel.

Best wishes.

This is very insightful. I will blog and blog in my two favourite niches.
Re: At Crossroads by Day169: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2016
Just walk into any good book store, and pick up some good 'self help' books from the inspirational books session.
Read and follow the ideas therein you're well on your way to writing your own success story.
All the best from me.

(1) (Reply)

Widows Care Givers In Lagos. / My Mother in-law is a pro / Happy Birthday To My Best Friend My Daughter Is Plus 1today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.