Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS (15554 Views)

NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / COVID-19: FG To Withhold Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by thunderbabs: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2016
tonyfrenzy:
[size=40pt]Not totally bad...[/size]
But
Standard of living, my foot.

If given the chance, this government will sell Nigeria and Nigerians to solve their insatiable money problems...

Who wrote dt up dere? Must be living in the u.k.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by hopeforcharles(m): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
We Are Tired cry cry cry cry cry cry

They've Taxed everything possible cry cry

May God Save us all.

#Atiku2019
Please Stop this atiku trash its stale and getting me angry:-@
Just stop please. Why do we need Recycled old men in power? We are told we are the leaders of tommorow here it is yet the old men who made that statement still dey rule or want rule Us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Dee60: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Where did the government agents get the money shared at the Ondo election?

Do they tax those election bribes?

They just keep collecting....as I write no light!!!

It is always convenient to compare with 'other countries' when they want to tax but they NEVER do when they talk about benefits and amenities!

You send your children to PRIVATE school, light up your house with PRIVATE generators, provide water for yourself with PRIVATE bore-hole, hire security for your community on PRIVATE basis.....fix the road to your street PRIVATELY..and yet more and more tax on PUBLIC basis.

No wonder dasuki had a lot to share to those people as alleged. And on those sharings, there were NO taxes!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Billiondoe: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
We Are Tired cry cry cry cry cry cry

They've Taxed everything possible cry cry

May God Save us all.

#Atiku2019

And still no improvement I any sector...dey want to milk us dry
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Dee60: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2016
All at a time when a past president who knows what he was saying accused our parliament as a house of unarmed robbers.....when budget padding sends billons into private pockets......when no one knows what the senate budgets or spends.......when some senators employ up to 100 special assistants......when Jibrin accused his colleagues of sharing government funds......why cant they go and tax these hudreds of billions?
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by OmichaelO: 11:26am On Nov 29, 2016
moiaimi:
just wait and see we will soon start paying for air
I'm already packing my things to leave.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Blue3k(m): 11:38am On Nov 29, 2016
bigtt76:
What tax papers would students or unemployed have to present mister? angry It just doesn't make sense at all undecided

They don't need to if you didnt file taxes for that year it wouldnt apply to you. You would be in system anyway for that tax year as IRS would have you on record.

vodutive:

is he saying an unemployed man can't have a passport? Only in Nigeria do we come out with these dumb ideas.

Not at all. If your unemployed you would owe taxes most likely. The IRS wouldn't have you on file as owing.

erico2k2:

What are they going to check it against ?
Everyone will claim they do not work or do Biz.
There is no moral backing to this shyte
But Vat hmm.I thought we already pay that cos I did when I got my nigerian passport

I'm assuming IRS database. If state keeps track of people that owe the system could work. I don't see where they said vat. If I'm wrong qoute me again. They said they want to make sure everyone current on taxes.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Atiku2019: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Please Stop this atiku trash its stale and getting me angry:-@
Just stop please. Why do we need Recycled old men in power? We are told we are the leaders of tommorow here it is yet the old men who made that statement still dey rule or want rule Us.

If you are contesting I'll support you, but if you not I'll support Atiku2019
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by spenca: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Funny.

This Fowler Guy is a Clown.

You need your tax return to obtain your passport?what Country did he claim practice it?what has tax return paper got with an international passport?

Apparently he does not know what he is talking about. In Nigeria,just like Religion,it is okay to push things to the extreme.

Just desperate measures to ensure people comply with their tax payments but I must say this people are becoming highly irritating.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by syntekelite(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
after all our complaints we will still pay all the taxes levied against us..cos all we gud at doing is complaining..lets shut down internet for 2days,lets nt buy fuel for 5 days,believe me government will beg us..we the consumers,the masses are the one putting money in govt's pocket nt the other way round.so hw come we cant use that power?china as advanced as they are still ride bicycles to work,stil use made in china things and still hold their govt to ransom..while we nigerians are always forming posh when we are suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by rhektor(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Changi changi grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by isnovic(m): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:

This got me really laughing...It's either these men are retarded or just merely being mischievous. What does one really benefit from being a Nigerian citizen? I provide poor quality water for my self ,I make my own electricity using over taxed fuel, I pay for my personal ,estate and area security, I pay for exorbitant tariffs for electricity that is never available , our kids have to go to private schools because the Govt. has provided any reasonable school, we fix our own roads and to get the same passport he mentioned I have to pay extra in bribes so I could even get it ....somebody tell me what privilege this madman is talking of please

You are so on point, that it is a vexing matter to hear about tax receipt for international passport.

I simply give up on this government, they have nothing to offer but rather take the little savings left.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
nigerians didn't see this comming did they? wellcome to the changi! you all voted for grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by kechywillz(m): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
This buhari administration is fûcking us real bad
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by erico2k2(m): 12:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Blue3k:

They don't need to if you didnt file taxes for that year it wouldnt apply to you. You would be in system anyway for that tax year as IRS would have you on record.

Not at all. If your unemployed you would owe taxes most likely. The IRS wouldn't have you on file as owing.

I'm assuming IRS database. If state keeps track of people that owe the system could work. I don't see where they said vat. If I'm wrong qoute me again. They said they want to make sure everyone current on taxes.
check the heading it says VAT
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Blue3k(m): 12:26am On Nov 30, 2016
erico2k2:

check the heading it says VAT

Headlines are to grab attention. Where does it say it in article itself. If it does please show me. I'll save you some time it doesn't anywhere. It's was click bait.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by waltinnovers: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Mr executive chairman, I want to ask you. What do u think any one as a nigerian is enjoy in this country if not hardship you people have brought to this nation. Do you pay tax? Who is even ready to travel when you people have distroyed everything. You people always always make for the poor and less privileged. Tell how many politicians has been convicted among those that have commited huge crime but if it happened to be a poor man you people will throw him or her into jail. God will punish all of you that is cursing hardship for the masses in this nation, starting from you the executive chairman FIRS

count:

http://www.herald.ng/nigerians-pay-vat-international-passports-firs/#lyH3XcWArJ8FFD8d.99
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by moiaimi(f): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2016
OmichaelO:
I'm already packing my things to leave.
nop nobody is going anywhere we are all in this together.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by OmichaelO: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
moiaimi:
nop nobody is going anywhere we are all in this together.
Hehe. well, I've decided to be a sly. so I'm leaving grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by moiaimi(f): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2016
OmichaelO:
Hehe. well, I've decided to be a sly. so I'm leaving grin
nop it won't work for you.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by OmichaelO: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2016
moiaimi:
nop it won't work for you.
you sound so certain.
Let's wait and see. I will give you a mention when I'm out. :p
lol
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by moiaimi(f): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2016
OmichaelO:
you sound so certain.
Let's wait and see. I will give you a mention when I'm out. :p
lol
I will be waiting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero Flight Fire Alarm As Panic Passengers On Board Try To Disembark / Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. / Accident On Gombe-Kano Road Kills One, Injures Others (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.