Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

hypocrisy in Africans atheism... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / hypocrisy in Africans atheism... (5029 Views)

Lagos Street Carnival Photos: Hypocrisy In The Yoruba Culture And Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Redemption Camp; A Great Example Of Nigerian Hypocrisy In Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by AkinPhysicist: 3:08am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ifenes , this guy says atheists do not believe in reincarnation grin . Atheism is simply the belief there is no god . You can hold whatever beliefs you want . Confucianism is a religion without deists and they venerate ancestral spirits . Confucians can be Atheists
cool Believing in re-incarnation is not a requirement for atheists but it is for Buddhists. You do not have to accept re-incarnation to be an atheist - you just have to recognize/embrace the lack of empirical evidence for God. Just like Black Madonna is not a prerequisite for Christianity but some Christians believe in her. cool

KingEbukasBlog:

"There is no God" is a declaration showing omniscience . Have you embarked on a peregrination to all possible dimensions , outside the universe to ascertain there is no God ? The answer is no . So its a belief .

It is no different from saying "There is no ape-civilization orbiting the planet Jupiter" as we speak. Have I been to the planet Jupiter? No. But, its a very reasonable claim to make. This is the crux of atheism. No one can prove a negative. The burden of proof is on you theists. All you have to do is locate God in any one of the infinite dimensions and you win the debate forever. Quite a simple task if you ask me - but your inability to do this convinces me even more of the absence of God.

KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is not a natural state . If it were everyone would quickly dump religion instead atheism has the lowest retention rate in the world . The deists acknowledge the existence of God through Reason , Nature and Science .
There is God without Religion , and There is Religion without God .

cool Yes. Atheism is the natural state of humans - since a child (who is not already 'converted') has no reason to 'see' invisible beings. Popularity does not imply accuracy. The proponents of the round earth theory also had the lowest retention rate at one time. The deists are wrong. The scientific method (the hallmark of reason) does not lead to a conclusion of God's existence. cool

2 Likes

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:09am On Nov 29, 2016
ifenes:

God an entity,Humans are entities who function independently,according to you. So what makes God special if it shares the same attributes with Humans? A Being has no beginning or an end. It's function is to be,in a continuous state. What brought about a different entity?

God's divine presence encompasses everything that exists . https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

So there's a separate conscious entity with his its essence permeating through the universe . I don't know how to describe it , I hope you understand .

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:12am On Nov 29, 2016
@ ifenes

Something like this

The blue whatever shows how everything is of It including the universe and It is the One who is eternal

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:17am On Nov 29, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool Believing in re-incarnation is not a requirement for atheists but it is for Buddhists. You do not have to accept re-incarnation to be an atheist - you just have to recognize/embrace the lack of empirical evidence for God. Just like Black Madonna is not a prerequisite for Christianity but some Christians believe in her. cool

You are not getting the gist . Atheism simply means the belief there is no God . That means you can believe in spirits , reincarnation , superstition etc as an atheist .

It is no different from saying "There is no ape-civilization orbiting the planet Jupiter" as we speak. Have I been to the planet Jupiter? No. But, its a very reasonable claim to make. This is the crux of atheism. No one can prove a negative. The burden of proof is on you theists. All you have to do is locate God in any one of the infinite dimensions and you win the debate forever. Quite a simple task if you ask me - but your inability to do this convinces me even more of the absence of God.

Appeal to ignorance fallacy

Stating that a proposition is true because of lack of contrary evidence

Nature serves as evidence for God , rejecting this evidence does not invalidate it .

cool Yes. Atheism is the natural state of humans - since a child (who is not already 'converted') has no reason to 'see' invisible beings. Popularity does not imply accuracy. The proponents of the round earth theory also had the lowest retention rate at one time. The deists are wrong. The scientific method (the hallmark of reason) does not lead to a conclusion of God's existence. cool

A child does not have the ability to hold opinions or beliefs . And since atheism is a belief , a child cannot be an atheist . Atheism requires conscious explicit rejection of the existence of god .

2 Likes

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ifenes(m): 3:19am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God's divine presence encompasses everything that exists . https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

So there's a separate conscious entity with his its essence permeating through the universe . I don't know how to describe it , I hope you understand .

The man in the mirror is not different from the man looking into the mirror. God cannot be different to the reflections. If Human's are it's reflection,humans are God looking at itself in a hall of mirror,having infinite reflections.

As for reincarnation,which is an illusion of Time. Time doesn't exist,which means everything is happening simultaneously,according to Einstein. But reincarnation is just like Motion and Time, they are not real but makes you experience different Nows in different time. This is advance metaphysics.

Everyone is I and you know you are You. If you die now,other people are born and they are all You. Cycle of life which never ends.

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by AkinPhysicist: 3:26am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are not getting the gist . Atheism simply means the belief there is no God . That means you can believe in spirits , reincarnation , superstition etc as an atheist .
cool And you are not comprehending my post. Read again - I said as much. cool

KingEbukasBlog:

Appeal to ignorance fallacy
Stating that a proposition is true because of lack of contrary evidence
Nature serves as evidence for God , rejecting this evidence does not invalidate it .
cool Quite simple. The lack of empirical evidence for God's existence is compelling enough. Wrong. Nature serves as evidence of evolution. cool

KingEbukasBlog:

A child does not have the ability to hold opinions or beliefs . And since atheism is a belief , a child cannot be an atheist . Atheism requires conscious explicit rejection of the existence of god .
cool No child is born believing in God. Hence non-belief is the natural state of humans. Its quite simple. No need to complicate the issue. cool

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ifenes(m): 3:30am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ ifenes

Something like this

The blue whatever shows how everything is of It including the universe and It is the One who is eternal

The ball in the hand of the girl is a reflection of her mind. This brings us back to the Prime Radiant. The One is the All and the All are the One. The world is a reflection of the God mind. If the world is evil,God mind is Evil.

If we go by what you said about God being a different entity who created a bad world,you have just described a bad God/Human. But that is far from it. God is within you,your Mind. Creation is continuous and spontaneous. The Mind is forever functioning through imaginations, painting,song writing, building will continue to exist.

I doubt you will be able to link the christian god with anything good.

The Human God/Human Being can only be his own God.

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by rhektor(m): 5:12am On Nov 29, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
cool Christianity was imported into Africa by Europeans, while Islam was imported by Arabs. Atheism is the natural state of man - everyone was born an atheist. As a child progress through life, ignorant adults start telling them tales by moonlight aka 'God', 'demons' 'Satan' etc. Its that simple and straight forward - no need to complicate the issue. cool

How natural is Atheism?
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by rhektor(m): 5:18am On Nov 29, 2016
ifenes:

The man in the mirror is not different from the man looking into the mirror. God cannot be different to the reflections. If Human's are it's reflection,humans are God looking at itself in a hall of mirror,having infinite reflections.

As for reincarnation,which is an illusion of Time. Time doesn't exist,which means everything is happening simultaneously,according to Einstein. But reincarnation is just like Motion and Time, they are not real but makes you experience different Nows in different time. This is advance metaphysics.

Everyone is I and you know you are You. If you die now,other people are born and they are all You. Cycle of life which never ends.

You are very wrong here, the man in the mirror is just a mere shadow of the man standing before the mirror.
The real man standing before the mirror can and will influence the man in the mirror whatever he does is what the man in the mirror will do. Do you get that?
Next time use some reasonable analogy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism has never been a natural state in humans - this explains its extreme low retention rate . God created man with the propensity to seek knowledge of Him .
go check the piraha people...and come and tell me if they revere any creator God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

"There is no God" is a declaration showing omniscience . Have you embarked on a peregrination to all possible dimensions , outside the universe to ascertain there is no God ? The answer is no . So its a belief
you know this is gnostic atheism naa...not necessarily atheism
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2016
UyiIredi:
SMH. You need to learn to write coherently. Then you can be taken seriously.

If this was about some other topic I'm not sure this will be your response.

When some says something important maybe you guys should learn to respond to issues without attacking persons. Topic is Hypocrisy in African Atheism, not English Grammar.

3 Likes

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ever811(m): 7:21am On Nov 29, 2016
ifenes:

But you are still a christian who believes that the white man's god died for you. Are you not a hypocrite as well? You are quoting from Genesis,the same book that encouraged the enslavement of your ancestors. Kettle calling the pot black!
the major problem you guys have is the love for arguments even where there is no need for it..

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ever811(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2016
lepasharon:
Ever heard of paragraphs OP?
...no!..or you want to tell me the post do not exist because ,I do not paragraph it?..e no dey hard Una to create argument wey no get head..
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2016
MrMontella:

you know this is gnostic atheism naa...not necessarily atheism
One is either atheist, agnostic or theist. Gnostic atheism makes no sense going by definition.
And all are believes but only theists who claim God reveals Himself to people are the ones that makes sense because there is no other way you can make absolute statements like
- there is no God (atheists) or
- no one can know whether or not God exists
if you are not omniscient yourself (and no one has been proven to be)

2 Likes

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2016
ever811:
the major problem you guys have is the love for arguments even where there is no need for it..
That's the only way an atheist can console himself and try to prove his believe has some basis although he knows it is unfounded.

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2016
MrMontella:

go check the piraha people...and come and tell me if they revere any creator God.
Go check all the other peoples and the history of the piraha. Atheism is as alien to humanity as living under water (pardon the imperfection of that analogy).

By the way ignorance is different from anti-theist believe. There are many things civilived peoole also use and talk about regardless of stand on religion that the Piraha people just have no clue of, will you say they don't believe in those things too- existence of atom, electronics, PlayStation, cloud technology etc

1 Like

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 7:46am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

One is either atheist, agnostic or theist. Gnostic atheism makes no sense going by definition.
And all are believes but only theists who claim God reveals Himself to people are the ones that makes sense because there is no other way you can make absolute statements like
- there is no God (atheists) or
- no one can know whether or not God exists
if you are not omniscient yourself (and no one has been proven to be)

the definition of atheism is simply----lack of belief..
A lack of belief ''comprises certainty and uncertainty..''.

agnostic and gnostic atheism make sense so long as a religion can exist and have a theistic and an atheistic variant...
Hinduism has a theistic version and at the same time has an atheistic version..yet it is still hinduism..
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ever811(m): 7:47am On Nov 29, 2016
ifenes:

cahii....drink a cup of water rest for 5 minutes then read this you comments again.
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

Go check all the other peoples and the history of the piraha. Atheism is as alien to humanity as living under water (pardon the imperfection of that analogy).
no it is not..
So long as the piraha people can exist naturally..without having a creator god..then it means atheism is natural...

even without that..there have always been unbelievers...no matter how few..
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by jonbellion(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2016
What kind of hatred for athiests is this
ever811 is it your hatred that is affecting your spelling grin
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by jonbellion(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2016
For the umpteenth time most athiests are agnostic
Atheistic towards religous Gods and agnostic towards the supreme being
How many times do I have to tell you this so that it will sink into your head
It's like your brain has the gravitational pull of an asteroid
The Abrahamic God doesn't exist
Deal with it cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2016
MrMontella:

the definition of atheism is simply----lack of belief..
A lack of belief ''comprises certainty and uncertainty..''.

agnostic and gnostic atheism make sense so long as a religion can exist and have a theistic and an atheistic variant...
Hinduism has a theistic version and at the same time has an atheistic version..yet it is still hinduism..
1. Don't mix religion and believe together. They are not the same. Religion is external things done that is compartible what internal believe. So someone who believes in God but lives like he doesn't is an irreligious believer. An atheist whose way of life and activities match with those of theists (e.g. participating in rituals associated with some faith) is an IRRELIGIOUS atheist.

The English word religion is from the Latin word "religio" which means obligation. That's what you do because of what you believe and what you are, not what you believe.

2. A lack of belief in one thing is a belief in another.
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by lepasharon(f): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2016
ever811:
...no!..or you want to tell me the post do not exist because ,I do not paragraph it?..e no dey hard Una to create argument wey no get head..

grin
The post gave me a headache
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ever811(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
What kind of hatred for athiests is this
ever811 is it your hatred that is affecting your spelling grin
I might not be as literate as you are but manage to go against your insinuations that theist has no sense of reasoning, to make common sense.
there are wrong spellings with comprehensible content in the post .so why not keep spellings out of the picture and just spew your ignorance just the way your likes are doing..
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by jonbellion(m): 8:21am On Nov 29, 2016
ever811:
I might not be as literate as you are but manage to go against your insinuations that theist has no sense of reasoning, to make common sense.
there are wrong spellings with comprehensible content in the post .so why not keep spellings out of the picture and just spew your ignorance just the way your likes are doing..
and when did I say thiests have no sense of reasoning undecided
Your hatred is driving you nuts bro grin
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by frubben(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2016
ever811:
..I know there is no way you and your fellow Satan prisoners will want to be here..we are not here for academic relevance...the message is clear ,if you know its one of those no go areas for you,why not zoom off already ...

So u have concluded that they are Satan prisoner huh?.

Na dis one God send u to come do or to show more love to people like dis.
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by PDBonline: 8:32am On Nov 29, 2016
MrMontella:

no it is not..
So long as the piraha people can exist naturally..without having a creator god..then it means atheism is natural...

even without that..there have always been unbelievers...no matter how few..
cancer too is natural, does that make it normal? These are two different things.
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

By the way ignorance is different from anti-theist believe. There are many things civilived peoole also use and talk about regardless of stand on religion that the Piraha people just have no clue of, will you say they don't believe in those things too- existence of atom, electronics, PlayStation, cloud technology etc
Good!@bolded...
Now you know,your religion was founded on ignorance...and still thrives on the ignorance of its adherents
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

cancer too is natural, does that make it normal? These are two different things.
non sequitor argument!
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by MrMontella(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

1. Don't mix religion and believe together. They are not the same. Religion is external things done that is compartible what internal believe. So someone who believes in God but lives like he doesn't is an irreligious believer. An atheist whose way of life and activities match with those of theists (e.g. participating in rituals associated with some faith) is an IRRELIGIOUS atheist.

The English word religion is from the Latin word "religio" which means obligation. That's what you do because of what you believe and what you are, not what you believe.
you simply forgot religion is a set of beliefs...usually connected with the nature,or origin or whatever [size=18pt]of the universe[/size]..
So my statement still stands...

2. A lack of belief in one thing is a belief in another.
non sequitor...
A lack of belief..is a lack of belief...and a disbelief is not a belief...i.e nothing is not a thing.
Re: hypocrisy in Africans atheism... by ifenes(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2016
rhektor:

You are very wrong here, the man in the mirror is just a mere shadow of the man standing before the mirror.
The real man standing before the mirror can and will influence the man in the mirror whatever he does is what the man in the mirror will do. Do you get that?
Next time use some reasonable analogy

You mean you see your shadow in the mirror when you look at it? Don't quote me if cannot read what I said properly before misquoting me.

The man in the mirror is the reflection of the man looking into the mirror. That is exactly what I said. Move away!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Picture Of Sick Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministry Seen Online / Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. / You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.