Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career (2242 Views)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job / Do You Love Your Current Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hi people,

Though there are less job opportunities out there, you should be careful about who you contact for jobs or what job adverts you respond to. I'm writing from my experience with this company - Travelfix. I fell into this trap and many other people who have worked in the company also had the same bad experience. Travelfix is a travel company with their head office in Abuja, branches in Lagos, Uyo, PH and Benin. However, working for this company is the worst career move that I have ever made. The CEO of the company, Samuel Ajose does not know how to run a business and he attracts thousands of people to come work for him under the pretense that he would provide them with good job security. He sacks staff wrongfully and maltreats them. They slash staff salary to 30% if there sales is low, and this was not mentioned in the job contract. The company has been doing it for long and nothing has been done about it. Many people have come and left his company, I know more than 20 people that have left the company since I joined them and before I joined I heard more than 30 people have left or been wrongfully sacked. If you have someone working in this company or who has worked there before, they will provide you with details that the company is not a good place to work.

They have no ethics, the HR does not do her job because she gets regular instructions from the CEO on who to sack and employ. The company has no culture, no direction, no good management or leadership.

Employees in this company are not happy, many were happy the day they were employed but after one or two months, their salaries get slashed to 30%. Nothing good or positive is being said about the company. From the outside, you will think it is a good company to work for, but after working there for a month or two, you will understand why I'm begging everyone not to apply for a job in this company.

If you have worked with Travelfix before, pls share your experience so that Nairalanders will understand why I am begging them not to work with this company.
thanks

Pics from https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/12/travelfixco-launches-its-online-travel.html

1: All the staff in this picture are no longer working for the company. The only person still in this company is the CEO.
2: The CEO and his wife who are presently running the company

Re: Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career by Akjolus: 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thank you very much
I fell into the trap last year too.
Oh my God.
The man (CEO) does not fear God. I suffered moving around like herd man busy making sales. My shoes then developed an open space like mouth under, opening and closing carrying rubbish on the road. I spent my own money and worked for this man and nothing was given to me including all my colleagues. We all left with nothing and he started employing another set. I heard he does that every month.
Re: Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career by aigjoey(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
Travelfix is dedicated to providing good working environment and work conditions to his staff. A new management is now in place that is doing a whole lot of good things. Travelfix is a well known name in the tourism industry because of our good reputation build over the years. Please come work and partner with us, you will not regret it.
Re: Don't Apply For Jobs In TRAVELFIX If You Love Your Career by yourstrulyluv: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2018
This organization is a deep mess. Career destroyer. If you love your life DO NOT i repeat DO NOT work for this organization. I worked in this organization in 2015 and in less than 2 months most people left or the Monkey looking CEO asked HR to fire them. No staff lasts more than 4 months in this company. I heard all the recent staff has left. The owner is not ready for business and a very wicked, heartless and evil man with no conscience.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Port Harcourt Sacks Professor Frank Ugiomoh / Highest-paid Political Leaders In The World / IT Space For Microbiology Students Living In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.