Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows (1282 Views)

Programming On My Phone!!!!!!!!!! / Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? / Learn Programming On Whatsapp, Via Chats, Calls, My Videos And Assignments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by EmyBryon(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
I want to learn programming on windows do i use notepad or what exactly am i expected to do?
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Donald3d(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
EmyBryon:
I want to learn programming on windows do i use notepad or what exactly am i expected to do?
When u say you want to learn programming on windows do you mean :
-You use windows OS and want to learn how to program using it
-Or you wan to learn how to program Windows apps

If your case is the first there is really no strict rule on how to program with a particular OS , you just have to pick a Language you want to program with .
Else if your case is the second ,I would advise you learn the fundamentals of programming , then you can use something like Visual Basic , before moving to an advance level

Bottom line you need to learn the foundations of programming.
You can start with JavaScript if you don't know how to program at all , its is a very good language to get you grounded and easy to understand
Take online courses and tutorials on fundamentals of programming , then adapting to any programming language would be easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Like the poster above mentioned, pick a language, there are countless to choose from, but this also depends on what you want to do exactly i.e. website, games, android app etc

Notepad is a bit basic, I'd advise a more full-fledged IDE (integrated development environment) such as Netbeans, Eclipse etc. Anyway google will probably help you more
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Donald3d(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
1bkaye:
Like the poster above mentioned, pick a language, there are countless to choose from, but this also depends on what you want to do exactly i.e. website, games, android app etc

Notepad is a bit basic, I'd advise a more full-fledged IDE (integrated development environment) such as Netbeans, Eclipse etc. Anyway google will probably help you more
I know this sounds like a cliché pick up line(but not my intention) , but you actually do look familiar , i think i have seen you somewhere before , i just cant place a finger on it .
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Donald3d:

I know this sounds like a cliché pick up line(but not my intention) , but you actually do look familiar , i think i have seen you somewhere before , i just cant place a finger on it .
Lol it's possible, where?
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Donald3d(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
1bkaye:

Lol it's possible, where?
To be honest i dont even know where
You know those faces you see and you are like "i know this person na "
Or maybe it might just be a resemblance with someone i met
Dont mind me jare , na wetin too much coding dey cos sometimes grin grin grin .
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Donald3d:

To be honest i dont even know where
You know those faces you see and you are like "i know this person na "
Or maybe it might just be a resemblance with someone i met
Dont mind me jare , na wetin too much coding dey cos sometimes grin grin grin .
Lool fair enough, it happens cheesy
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Donald3d(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
1bkaye:

Lool fair enough, it happens cheesy
Abi , or you had any dealings with Mayflower ikenne or Yabatech (My main suspects)
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Donald3d:

Abi , or you had any dealings with Mayflower ikenne or Yabatech (My main suspects)
Nah, definitely not me then lol
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Donald3d(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
1bkaye:

Nah, definitely not me then lol
I give up cry cry cry
Nice meeting you anyway wink
Re: Step By Step Guide On How To Learn Programming On Windows by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Donald3d:

I give up cry cry cry
Nice meeting you anyway wink
Lol you too

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Programmer Co-founder / Lagos State To Train One Million Lagosians On Computer Programming / Make Millions Through Re-selling Domain Name, Get Adsense Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.