Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price (33611 Views)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Mologi(m): 5:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Better .....I was thinking of going to Warri to place curse on every generation of people involved in this data increase ish......

Thank God for una lives.....

3 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by oganass(m): 5:49am On Dec 01, 2016
mtchw.... i don tire for dis kwantiri
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by loomer: 5:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Nigeria my Motherland.
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by ChappyChase: 5:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Kyase:
Hmm Mtn and Airtel I want my night plan back or else....... After walking dead and Salem una fit stop am, nonsense.
Is Salem that good?
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Daboomb: 5:53am On Dec 01, 2016
Unimaginable123:
So NCC thought we were in a military regime that they would ask telecoms to increase data prices without consulting users

According to the NCC spokesperson, Mr. Ojobo : The reversal was to allow us to consult with stake holders"

So, this clueless buffoons at NCC decided to just HIKE PRICE of Data (internet) before consulting Stakeholders?

Which sane Minister runs things that way? As in "Act first and Think later"!

6 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by mykeljosef: 5:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Friedyokes:
BUT MTN AND AIRTEL DON REMOVE DIA NIGHT PLAN cry cry cry cry

i thought i was the only one who noticed

they must have been looking for a way to stop or increase the price it without losing customers n they took big advantage of the data hike saga.

let's keep watching if they bring it back

2 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by dermmy(m): 5:59am On Dec 01, 2016
Friedyokes:
BUT MTN AND AIRTEL DON REMOVE DIA NIGHT PLAN cry cry cry cry

really? I haven't done used the night plan for a while now. This is not good o. Chai
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by veronicababy: 6:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Na so angry angry

Check my signature
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by texazzpete(m): 6:01am On Dec 01, 2016
If the reason behind the hike was to 'protect' scum like Smile and Spectranet, the NCC must be the biggest fools ever.

As far as I'm concerned , both Smile and Spectranet should be shut down and their headquarters razed to the ground and the site strewn with brimstone and salt so nothing ever grows there again.

Nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by jaydee16(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2016
chai....mtn night plan seems 2 b no more o
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by lawrenzi(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Lemme not say anything
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by wakes: 6:06am On Dec 01, 2016
They better did that earliest!
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by nijascammers: 6:08am On Dec 01, 2016
I hope they hike the fees, that will help us weed out all unwanted kids invading nairaland
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by yinkslinks(m): 6:09am On Dec 01, 2016
come make i do u.s visa for u
Khd95:
Nigeria matta don taya me,oloun
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by jane05(f): 6:10am On Dec 01, 2016
Mtchewww criminals!
please y'all should check my increible signature
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by UjSizzle(f): 6:11am On Dec 01, 2016
The price floor is not an increase in price, but a regulatory safeguard put in place by the telecommunications regulator to check anti-competitive practices by dominant operators,” Mr. Ojobo clarified.
We are governed by idiots. You folks up there need a truckload of sense to make policies that enhance welfare of citizens, not make life unbearable. I don't understand how it is that bigger corporations like Facebook are trying to bring cheap data to Africa, yet her government, whose paramount interest should be social welfare is interested in fucking all of us to hell.
Who cares about competition right now? Companies are trying to survive; people are trying to survive and yet you're going to increase data price floor? God!!
How about you give your beloved new entrants tax holidays or whatever incentive is available huh?
Eejits.

15 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 01, 2016
The price of data tariff in Nigeria should be reviewed downwards and not upwards.

People are finding it difficult to eat two square meal a day in this country. Mr. Ojobo and his principal Mr. Shittu should stop joking with us

Henceforth, all price increase in any form has to stop until we are out of recession.

New entrants should be given incentives, the Senate should enact a law that until we are out of recession, any government official that reasons with his /her anus should be apprehended.

6 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Uzoigwe1(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Stupid and senseless leaders...
Happy new month all...
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by CosmicJames(m): 6:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Fanny500:
haaa,mtcheww,usesless people. After using my whole remaining allowance to subscribe in panic buying. the thunder dat will strike una is still doing push up. undecided embarassed
Sorry bro. You are not alone, many people did. But I did not. Next time when you hear a sudden terrible news like that, don't panic! Relax ur mind, know and believe that you ll survive the situation even if the worst happened.

2 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by stonekc(m): 6:19am On Dec 01, 2016
D afonjas at it again. Mr ojobo nd shittu...God is watchin
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Collins0609(m): 6:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Happy settlement in advance
Jeffboi:
They want us to begin this month in agony

Thank God

Happy new months all N'landers

This my month settlement ooo, after 7yrs of serving
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by TEYA: 6:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Fanny500:
haaa,mtcheww,usesless people. After using my whole remaining allowance to subscribe in panic buying. the thunder dat will strike una is still doing push up. undecided embarassed
i thought i was alone grin

2 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by mamajaz(f): 6:21am On Dec 01, 2016
Khd95:
Nigeria matta don taya me,oloun
Port go somewhere then...
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by mamajaz(f): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2016
Oluola89:
APShit
please set the brooms ablaze.

3 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 01, 2016
I am a big fan of PMB, but most of those he appointed have let him down.

This government and it's policies are often clueless, shambolic and not well thought of e.g this NCC thing, taxing on calls more than 3 mins, forcing someone not to keep dollars in his account even if it's through legitimate means etc.

For once, I applaud the useless,corrupt Nigerian Senate.

Happy new month.
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by Davidbanky(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2016
Just halt it ... I don't really care about the reason behind it ...

Foolish people!
Washere jare ' the internet of things ' working

1 Like

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by olofinluyi(m): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2016
....... the decision was equally to save the smaller operators from predatory services likely to suffocate them and push them out of business into extinction.
“The price floor is not an increase in price, but a regulatory safeguard put in place by the telecommunications regulator to check anti-competitive practices by dominant operators,”....

.. Is this the economic rationale behind the policy. God, pls help us in this country.. Why must we suffer from all sectors...

3 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by eraly(m): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, Smile and Swift have been around for some time, NTEL just came in. What is stopping swift and smile from expanding to other states in the country? They are available only in few states and they want to compete. How will other People in other states know them if they don't enter such states?

Ntel that came in some months back isn't even serious atall. So who is to blame here? Useless NCC

If the 3 can't compete, they should just bow out. They sure know what they are gonna be facing before they started operations

4 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by ybalogs(m): 6:28am On Dec 01, 2016
You for try am nah,nah curse for kii una.Rubbish
Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by gudnex22(m): 6:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Olasco93:
Lamentation of the people were not in vain

That's the importance of been a wailer hope zombie will show us one of the importance of been a zombie

5 Likes

Re: NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price by buharimustlive: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Any review should be DOWNWARD review of the tariff.

If smaller operators can't compete they should close shop. It is not by force

I concur with you.

Buhari thinks he can gag Nigerians.......

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn/onefinance 3,000 Quick Money / Innjoo I2 Features & Image Reviews (pics) / Researchers Recover 100s Of Nude Photos From Second-hand Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.