Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? (577 Views)

Your Host Might Not Be The Problem But You / Are You Having Issues With DMCA With Your Host? Or They Shut You Down? / How To Remove/disable Wordpress Plugin From Your Host Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2016
i want to know, bloggers and webmasters in the house. I learnt that adsense doesnt pay much for local clicks compared to what u'd get with clicks generated from the US, etc. I want to start a blog and i just want to grab the attention of more of foreign audiences. So, does my host provider affect my traffic source? Do i get more of Nigerian clicks wen i go with Nigerian hosts? And vice versa. Is the host provider location relevant or irrelavant in this case?
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by mokoshalb(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2016
They have no single relevance...
No connection...
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2016
@mokoshalb. What about domain extensions like .com.ng and .ng?
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by mokoshalb(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Ebuka2016:
@mokoshalb. What about domain extensions like .com.ng and .ng?
same, it doesn't hinder your traffic source at all..
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2016
mokoshalb:
same, it doesn't hinder your traffic source at all..
thanks bro
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by chaktty: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2016
your host provider affects your traffic source but it's not much significant. Google assume your blog is meant for that region unless you adjust it in Google search console. from experience, the most important factors are Contents and backlinks. if you begin to write about US and in US context, acquire backlinks from us driven blogs, even if you host your blog in Nigeria, you will get more of US traffic but surprisingly, you will also get Nigerian traffic.
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
chaktty:
your host provider affects your traffic source but it's not much significant. Google assume your blog is meant for that region unless you adjust it in Google search console. from experience, the most important factors are Contents and backlinks. if you begin to write about US and in US context, acquire backlinks from us driven blogs, even if you host your blog in Nigeria, you will get more of US traffic but surprisingly, you will also get Nigerian traffic.
nice insight! How can the adjustment be done in google search console? I need directives. Do i need to start my blog 1st to do the adjustment?
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by chaktty: 1:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Ebuka2016:

nice insight! How can the adjustment be done in google search console? I need directives. Do i need to start my blog 1st to do the adjustment?
you need to submit your domain to google webmaster first before you can adjust it in country targeting where you would've to choose "unlisted" as you country and you will now target the world without any specific country.
Re: Does Your Host Location Determine Where You Get Your Traffic From? by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2016
chaktty:

you need to submit your domain to google webmaster first before you can adjust it in country targeting where you would've to choose "unlisted" as you country and you will now target the world without any specific country.
wow thanks for this info

(1) (Reply)

Verified UK Non Hosted Adsense For Sale / .. / I Need An Mlm Website. A Developver Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.