Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 (557 Views)

Mouau New Postgraduate Students Registration Guidelines – 2016/17 / UNILAG Academic Calendar And Fees Schedule For 2016/17 / Poly Ibadan Hnd Results Out 2016/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
It's quite unfortunate that in a country as populous as Nigeria laws are only made to be trampled upon and it dies down there. The level of impunity in the Nigerian educational sector is quite alarming. After setting out admission criteria, the so called university that is over rated will come out to sideline this criteria so doing jeopardizing not only the future of the prospective student but also the future of this country. I think it's high time we started standing against this nonchalant attitude being displayed by public office holders. Let's take a look at this. The Minister of education said admission should be based on catchment areas, ELDS and merit. In my own opinion that is not the criteria followed by the Lagos State University OJo. It's quite unfortunate that our judicial am of government is been funded and controlled by the highly corrupt executive arm of government.

1 Like

Re: Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Look at all the screening results above. They have all been admitted, then look at this one below. And they all applied for computer science at Lagos state university. Can anyone tell me the criteria lasu used In admitting this people. Also lasu computer science statistics from jamb only 19 people chose them as 2nd choice and lasu has released 101 names for second choice only 66people second round batch A then 35 people second round batch B. Not including 1st batch A, B, C. Am now wondering where they got this people from cause about 590 people put in for computer science in lasu. How come lasu is admitting 101 people for only second choice? I need answers.
Re: Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 by Omotayo7(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Thank God you brought this topic up it not only lasu that violated the rules laid down most of the federal University also did worst imagine a university like abu zaria not even giving there application a screening point and not even releasing any criteria and go ahead to release their first batch admission list which shows that they are not transparent with the admissions process and something is fishy and when I was chilling with one of my bro he told me that they only admitted those with waec result and ui also did the same which is unfair
Re: Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 by Akjwyzepal(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Omotayo7:
Thank God you brought this topic up it not only lasu that violated the rules laid down most of the federal University also did worst imagine a university like abu zaria nothing giving there application a screening point and not even releasing any criteria and go ahead to release their first batch admission list which shows that they are not transparent with the admissions process and something is fishy and when I was chilling with one of my bro he told me that the only admitted those with waec result and ui also did the same which is unfair
we need to start taking actions this government is taking us for granted.at the expense of our future.

1 Like

Re: Breach Of Criteria For Admission 2016/17 by Akjwyzepal(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lasu computer science 1st round Batch A = 54 people Batch B = 17 people Batch C = 13 people Total = 84 people 2nd round Batch A= 66 people Batch B= 35 people Total= 101 people grand total =185 people

(1) (Reply)

MAPOLY Set To Turn Degree-awarding Insitution / Uniabuja Standard And Academic Programmes / ICAN Commissions Are Lecture Theatre In MOUAU (ICAN Lecture Theatre)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.