Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos (15556 Views)

Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story / A Real Estate Agent's Encounter With 419 Scammers / Collapsed Building: Lekki Gardens MD Nyong Richard, 9 Others Docked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 12:24am On Dec 02, 2016
3strikes:

[size=20pt]@Lawyer: why did you re edit the title of this thread. This is not what I put up initially.
I wrote " A self acclaimed Nairaland builder is finally arrested for fraud"
Why you commot the Nairaland na?[/size]

It will give Nairaland a bad name and most of us will be affected because it takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.
All people will read is Nairaland and Scam. We already have Yahoo boys messing-up internet, I don't think we want same for Nairaland.
One stupid person can bring the whole network down, do we really need that? Let's not make it look like it's Nairaland that caused it.
Just my few cent, looking at it from the other perspectives.

Hajji M.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by SailorMen: 4:34am On Dec 02, 2016
oyb:
inspired's twin brother in the real estate section
they probably have the same life story
shady beginnings, hit it big and had an opportunity to go straight, but opted for greed and went full criminal.

You can never be as great and successful as inspired, not in this life and in the life to come. while you continue to whine here like a swine, dude has moved on big time, take time to follow him on instagram to see his business success and think twice about how low and pathetic your life is.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 02, 2016
SailorMen:

You can never be as great and successful as inspired, not in this life and in the life to come. while you continue to whine here like a swine, dude has moved on big time, take time to follow him on instagram to see his business success and think twice about how low and pathetic your life is.

another of the monikers of the great thief.

good to know that you have taken your fake car paper, posing with dollars, customer defrauding ass to an international platform. maybe next time it wont be local police but interpol coming after you. i wonder what it is in nigeria that makes scammers and thieves so boastful and arrogant.

16 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by spokesboy: 6:07am On Dec 02, 2016
lawyer:

Yes the same Bosun aka Brabus or n3xt on Nairaland. He is extremely controversial and has the most complains i have ever seen on Nairaland about theft, misuse of funds and poor delivery of work. Everyday people call me to ban him or help them get their money but nemesis has finally caught up with him. There is a 500 page thread dedicated to building and half of the pages deal with complains about Brabus:

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/476#48523286

Its time we weed out those that want to give honest people on Nairaland a bad name.
It took you this long to realise that Brabus is a fraud? Nawa o! You could have acted faster to protect other Nairalanders by banning that fraud. However, your inaction will rub off, negatively, on the reputation of the Nairaland forum because the news is now everywhere. @Seun and @lalasticlala is there any damage control here?
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2016
lawyer:
What Job? Arrest him? Prosecuting him? There are only 2 things i can do. Warn people and ban him and i did both so many times and he launched an assault against me with his minions. Have you asked why he has so many handles? Its because they have been banned over and over again. What was the proof that he stole their money until someone decided to prosecute him? When people transfer money to him at my back or the back of others where we there? Am i a debt collector? I am not here to fight anybody but to act on facts. I have called Bosun privately so many times to sort out the issues he has with people and some people that claim he defrauded them still post on Nairaland that they have resolved it and he is doing a good job. Once again i have done what i am supposed to do as a mod here on the property forum.

If you don't see what i do i am sorry about that. I choose to be quiet and would remain quiet. I cannot satisfy all of you. I can only warn people when there is conclusive proof. [b]Even Mr Agoro that is a very close friend of mine called me to ask about Brabus before he engaged him and i warned him to stay clear off him and later on i read on Nairaland that he paid him money and there is now an issue. [/b]What was i supposed to do afterwards? Must i always come on Nairaland to blacklist people when there is no solid proof? Now there is proof and its to warn FUTURE people that want to deal with him.

sincerely, i can not reconcile the way so many of us think. once a contractor has repeatedly messed me up, particularly in issues of integrity/character [ competence can be said to be a journey] , i will not have anything to do with him, and i will not recommend him to other people. yet i see my colleagues who have had the same experiences with these contractors still recommending them to other friends and telling me nonsense like, we dont know where we will meet in future.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by johnkashimu: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Oga lawyer sorry for all the bashing directed to you on this topic. But you are wrong and every1 bashing you is right. You claim to have acted when you could and how you could but that's incorrect as this first happened years back. The issue died. It happened again after some months it died. It happened again, it died off. All this time he kept on coming back with new monikers, we all knew it was him even you. He kept on commenting on topics. He kept on proposing for new projects but nothing was done about his case by you. In fact the reason why this bosun guy doesn't appear here again is due to the collective efforts of them 3strikes and others and and a result of him criminal activities.

2 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by SailorMen: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2016
oyb:

another of the monikers of the great thief.

good to know that you have taken your fake car paper, posing with dollars, customer defrauding ass to an international platform. maybe next time it wont be local police but interpol coming after you. i wonder what it is in nigeria that makes scammers and thieves so boastful and arrogant.

Did he steal from your father ? I actually forgot your father was a great thief.
So you actually follow him to know all this info...lol youre a fan. grin grin
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 02, 2016
SailorMen:

Did he steal from your father ? I actually forgot your father was a great thief.
So you actually follow him to know all this info...lol youre a fan. grin grin

small clone, i am an oldie on nl. like so many other people, at one time i was recommending you to others who wanted to buy cars.
we were all here during the nneka anyawu saga. the same people who fought for you over your $20,000 before you started showing your true colours.

small wonder nneka scammed you. game recognize game. just as you defraud people and do big boy over the internet, nnekea defrauded you and did gbo gbo bigz girls in ny.

pathetic riff raff. one wonders what your parents must have been to raise such a shameless, unrepentant, bold scumbag

please carry on with your hinstagrem scams. we will soon see you on fp in handcuffs cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2016
johnkashimu:
Oga lawyer sorry for all the bashing directed to you on this topic. But you are wrong and every1 bashing you is right. You claim to have acted when you could and how you could but that's incorrect as this first happened years back. The issue died. It happened again after some months it died. It happened again, it died off. All this time he kept on coming back with new monikers, we all knew it was him even you. He kept on commenting on topics. He kept on proposing for new projects but nothing was done about his case by you. In fact the reason why this bosun guy doesn't appear here again is due to the collective efforts of them 3strikes and others and and a result of him criminal activities.

short of blocking an ip [which is not a true solution] there is not much a moderator can do with a persistent scammer who keeps manufacturing ids.
in the end it is up to the buyers to do their due diligence.

this is nigeria. you cannot trust anyone. be sceptical of anyone and everyone, particularly where money is concerned. understand that most 'businessmen' are not long sighted enough to think of future business opportunities and teh value of a reputation but the here and now.

1 Like

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by SailorMen: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2016
oyb:

small clone, i am an oldie on nl. like so many other people, at one time i was recommending you to others who wanted to buy cars.
we were all here during the nneka anyawu saga. the same people who fought for you over your $20,000 before you started showing your true colours.

small wonder nneka scammed you. game recognize game. just as you defraud people and do big boy over the internet, nnekea defrauded you and did gbo gbo bigz girls in ny.

pathetic riff raff. one wonders what your parents must have been to raise such a shameless, unrepentant, bold scumbag

please carry on with your hinstagrem scams. we will soon see you on fp in handcuffs cheesy grin

Just the same way your father was in handcuffs few years ago, we know you more than you think, the guy you want to kill yourself over is living his dreams, you have been on nairaland for almost 10 years and your pathetic low life still has not changed, I pray you dont end up miserable like your criminal Father.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by NL1960: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2016
Onegai:
And I used to think this guy was one to keep in mind, until I saw that thread complaining about him.

You need to go and do thanksgiving for escaping brabus.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Aventures(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2016
mufutau55:

It will give Nairaland a bad name and most of us will be affected because it takes one bad to spoil the bunch.
All people will read is Nairaland and Scam. We already have Yahoo boys messing-up internet, I don't think we want same for Nairaland.
One stupid person can be the whole network down, do we really need that? Let's not make it look like it's Nairaland that caused it.

Hajji M.
Thank you baba, you have spoken my mind.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
angry
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2016
FTbomb:
so how do you know it started from nairaland? btw, this is a vanguard newspaper report..

[size=20pt]Because I'm a nairalander and I met BOSUN SHOYOYE here on nairaland and he defrauded me millions of naira !!!

All you need is to search my username on this forum to find out all the truth that the mods here have been protecting this guy criminal activities all along!.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:22am On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

[size=14pt]Lawyer, with all due respect, you should hide your head in shame.[/size] You never showed up in property section to do your job. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Did you warn anyone since you knew about him long time ago? [size=14pt]You and Seun should have done a lot more than the warnings you are now giving.[/size] We knew all the allegations against Brabus couldn't be baseless but what can we do as members of this forum? We have nothing to do to curb his excesses. I was one of the people who first challenged him. As a matter of fact, I contacted him in 2014 on BB to build my house but by God's grace something just said I should give it to another nairalander. I never called or spoken to him on the phone before.

He defrauded many people in property section but I am still puzzled why those people he defrauded couldn't initiate a legal action against him.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2016
beedam:

But you did nothing about it when everyone was complaining and tagging you. Your neglect made him add more to the list of people he swindled on Nairaland. You were supposed to be the moderator of property section but you never cared about the people who were defrauded despite our pleas for you to ban Brabus forever to avoid him doing so to other innocent people.

God dey!
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:28am On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

No you didn't. You should have created a sticker thread in property section warning people about Brabus antics. You chose to stay away from this property section. I never saw you here doing your job.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:30am On Dec 02, 2016
3strikes:

[size=20pt]@Lawyer: why did you re edit the title of this thread. This is not what I put up initially.

I wrote " A self acclaimed Nairaland builder is finally arrested for fraud"

Why you commot the Nairaland na?[/size]

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2016
mufutau55:

It will give Nairaland a bad name and most of us will be affected because it takes one bad to spoil the bunch.
One stupid person can be the whole network down, do we really need that? Let's not make it look like it's Nairaland that caused it.

Hajji M.

^^^

Lemme guess....you just thought about that?

Where were the mods when he defrauded me?

1 Like

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by mavverick: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2016
Being one of the people who gave Brabus a chance and he messed it up big time. Here is how I see things. I have known Bosun for almost 5 years now. Comes across as a builder (but he's not a builder, he hires workers (some competent, majority are not, then refuses to pay them)), but what he really does best is package/document things often with western ideas, hence why he resonates well with people in diaspora. He also knows how to use social media/emails/technology etc, so for someone who is not in Nigeria, this works well. Thank God internet is now for the masses, I have my bricklayer/pop/iron bender/carpenter/plumber etc all on whatapp now. This was not the case 4/5 years ago. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

What happened ?

Bosun Shoyoye / Brabus was allowed to use this platform to promote his criminal deeds and to also proceed from it. Often defrauding people in the diaspora. Nairaland was like his second home and his second wife, he could not help himself, he often preyed on the desire of people in the diaspora to own thier own home in Nigeria and not fall victim of family fraudsters etc. Family fraudsters are even worse.

why was it allowed to go on ?

My view is that some rub my back, I rub your back was going on between some senior controlling office holders of the NL hierarchy. I have no proof, so this is just a theory.

What could have changed ?

I have said it countless number of times that Bosun is making Nairaland a platform for fraud, you only have to click on my posts to look at it. You will notice that I have said this so many times. It is a good thing that he is getting this kind of negative publicity. I feel that the mods could have created a sticky about Bosun and his antics to warn others. If not for the collective efforts of people like myself/3strikes/brag3/Qc1 who have exposed Bosun Shoyoye and his actics, I am sure it will still be going on now. We managed to stop him on his tracks since August, at least to stop posting google pictures, defrauding people and deceiving others.

It it also a shame that we have some monikers who clearly support his antics, we have users like lastpage/excuseme/Azuh and a chap called Agarawu or so.

7 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2016
SailorMen:

A THIEF WILL ALWAYS BE A THIEF HOWEVER BIG OR SMALL THEY BECOME
Deal with it, now take ur garbage out of this thread. angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
Qc1:

^^^
Lemme guess....you just thought about that?
Where were the mods when me defrauded me?

No sir. I did not just thought about it. I have been trying my best on this network.
I will let the Moderator answer the second question.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
There is a limit to how much liability users can hold Nairaland for in these matters.

This is not a Craigslist or ebay or Amazon or Jumia or konga. It is a social media platform that we are taking advantage of to do business.

Unless nl becomes a platform where you register with fees, do kyc, sign undertakings and contracts, theres not much that can be done.

I'm sure for instance that none of this brabus fellow victims signed a binding contract with him. They just went with trust.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by Qc1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
mufutau55:

No sir. I did not just thought about it. I have been trying my best on this network.
I will let the Moderator answer the second question.

Hajji M.

Sir, I have nothing against you. You will always have my respect.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by gabbytabby: 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Has the chicken come home to roast.

Oga Muftau on this matter me I disagree with you. If the auto section can ban inspired it follows that the property section should have done the needful or at least put a disclaimer of the particular likelihood in Bosun business relationship going pear shaped.

6 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
gabbytabby:

Oga Muftau on this matter me I disagree with you. If the auto section can ban inspired it follows that the property section should have done the needful or at least put a disclaimer of the particular likelihood in Bosun business relationship going pear shaped.
Sadly it has come to roast at home.

1 Like

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Qc1:

Sir, I have nothing against you. You will always have my respect.

Of course QC1, we have mutual respect for each other... I surely know you don't have anything against me and vice-versa.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
gabbytabby:

Mama mi, the Moderator was responding saying he banned Bosun several times but he keep coming with more names.
If the Admin cannot ban or deleted his access, who else could have done that. My signature tag was changed because of people like Brabus.

Hajji M.
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by 3strikes: 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
[size=20pt]They need to dock Lastpage / excuzeme too. As Bosun they steal kegs of oil from the roof, na Lastpage they help am set it down[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by ceasare: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
I mean what do u get from a computer science graduate
Who packaged himself as a contractor ?
It can only happen here and in Nigeria where someone without
A background in a field can practice unhindered yet we have a
Govt.many of bosun type abound on Nairaland and counting.
We have advised diasporans and NLers to patronize qualified
Professionals and pay them well not looking for cheapest quote about!

Last bullet
The persons he defrauded and has defrauded deserves what they got
The guy has been a red flag from day 1 for those who are intelligent.
This was a guy 3-4yrs ago asking how he will build his house seeking
Advices here only to come out repackaged as a contractor becos
The MUGUN market here in property section is very ripe and ready for
Plucking!

Lawyer I hv advices over and over that anybody who wants to
Post here as a contractor should forward there credentials to be
Vetted by you d moderator and ranked with a star rating for people
To pick from and any no compliant NL user should be dealt with at the
Clients discretion! QED.
3strikes:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/

Popular self acclaimed Nairaland Builder Bosun Davies Shoyeye aka Brabus , Nexthome, N3xt, BrabusNG and BrabusITNL got arrested for fraud.

google his name and read more......

https://www.nairaland.com/3148782/how-select-good-builder

People in diaspora beware.

4 Likes

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by ceasare: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

Lawyer, with all due respect, you should hide your head in shame. You never showed up in property section to do your job. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Did you warn anyone since you knew about him long time ago? You and Seun should have done a lot more than the warnings you are now giving. We knew all the allegations against Brabus couldn't be baseless but what can we do as members of this forum? We have nothing to do to curb his excesses. I was one of the people who first challenged him. As a matter of fact, I contacted him in 2014 on BB to build my house but by God's grace something just said I should give it to another nairalander. I never called or spoken to him on the phone before.

He defrauded many people in property section but I am still puzzled why those people he defrauded couldn't initiate a legal action against him.

Because he spends the bulk of the money he duped them of in sourcing prophetess,babalawo and marabout for them to be more gullible
And forget the matter! angry

1 Like

Re: Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos by 4nobody4every1: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
Not surprised he finally got arrested, so sad he defrauded several guys angry angry angry sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HOME SOLAR POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM FOR 3 BED HOUSE OR FLAT / 10000 AK47 How Much Will It Cost And How Can I Get It Delivered / Two Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, No Fatality Recorded (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.