Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge (9583 Views)

This LAUTECH Team Has Won Hult Prize Nigeria And Will Now Be Competing for $1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
hmmmm
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge by psychic(f): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

There are IDP camps at Kushingoro, and Area 1.

Can i get an address pls and how to go about it
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge by Zedoo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
So ur compassion came out "because" you want to win a prize and get recognized.... Wow....nice

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge by seenter84: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Floreat dude

U go kc

AmbodOfLASU:
MY VISIT TO AN IDP CAMP AT KUSHINGORO, ABUJA.

Some days ago, I embarked on a daring journey to the forgotten corners of Internally Displaced Persons in Kushingoro, Abuja. The journey was geared towards getting empirical data, a first hand experience of their conditions(for the Hult Prize challenge), as well as contributing my quota of humanitarian assistance. The visit brought to bare : the pathetic condition they live under - dusty environment, poor accommodation, intermittent feeding and a largely traumatic atmosphere. I also met great young minds : Peter Daniel, Alli and other great kids at the IDP camp. Interestingly, Alli is a 7-year old boy whom the airplane of insurgency brought from Borno to Abuja. Alli wants to become a medical doctor; albeit, Alli fears a bleak future. Need I tell you that Alli barely eats thrice a day and his education is somewhat epileptic? This explains his fears for a better tomorrow.

If there is anything the visit inspired in me, it's the fact that we are all humans and we should stand by each other. Locally, Nigeria still has a very long way to go. Billions are budgeted for / donated to IDPs. Yet, they live in hopelessness and dejection. Our leaders must begin to prioritize human feelings above their greedy lust for wealth. The good thing is, the Lagos State University Team(TeamDynamo) that will be competing for the Hult Prize next year at Boston, United States has proffered practicable solutions to these problems. With the "Dynamo Model and Dynamites Enterprise", we strongly believe the dignity of 10million people will be fully restored by the year 2022. We remain committed to the prosperity of human race. We believe in a world where we will all leverage on our strengths with a view to shore up our weaknesses.

We are #TeamDynamites and we have the answers to these questions.

#HultPrize2017. #TeamLASU #TeamNigeria #TeamAfrica #Boston
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To An IDP Camp For 2017 Hult Prize Challenge by emjaybaba(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
AmbodofLasu,
Please send me your phone number.
This is my mail ;
Ibmjlanre1@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Universities Offering International Relations In Nigeria / Uniben Sug Exco Passed A Vote Of No Confidence On The President Over #4,000,000 / The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.