Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria (9613 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by HigherEd: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
1) Federal

University Of Abuja: University of Abuja has been trailed by series of challenges in the recent past from the emergence of cultism to poor academic experience. Students and Alumni of this University repeatedly complain about the terrible student experience...

2) State

Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology:
LAUTECH is a university popular for all the wrong reasons. Embroiled in an age long ownership tussle, today it's more or less an orphaned organization. With over six months salaries owed her workers, the University has become a shadow of itself. It unarguably has the most unstable academic calendar of any university in Nigeria. Many of Lautech's students have found their way to neighbouring universities like Bowen as the university continues in lengthy industrial actions due to the irresponsibility of her owners.

3) Private

Madonna University: Many folks who attend(ed) Madonna University are convinced it is the worst university to be. They tell of tales of oppression, systemic abuse and poor living conditions despite being a private institution. As Madonna's folks continue to do huge damage to the reputation of the school, they never forget to ring out the name "Aunty Philo". Whoever she is, i hope she knows she has the intense hatred of " Madonnians" as they see her as the express definition of everything wrong with Madonna.

Compiled By HigherEd

Lalasticlala CodeTemplar Mynd44
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
HigherEd:

1) Federal
University Of Abuja:

2) State
Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology:

3) Private
Madonna University

Based on student welfare I quess.

If based on things like transparency law and order, no public school will even make it. May be UI will escape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
The worse state university is Kogi state university.

Students have to pay project supervisors just to read their projects, students have to add 1500 naira in heir group assignments so the lecturer will mark it.

Students have to sort some courses, not cause they didn't do well, but because the lecturers insisted on it.

After lecturers were sacked following the last strike, curent masters students of the school were made lecturers, these young guys do as they like.

My younger sister is doing a holiday job as we speak so she can meet up the demands of the sorting.

It takes a year before results are out.

Should I continue?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by HigherEd: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
kennygee:

After lecturers were sacked following the last strike, curent masters students of the school were made lecturers, these young guys do as they like.

My younger sister is doing a holiday job as we speak so she can meet up the demands of the sorting.
Lakuli it's finished

I recently wondered how state universities pass NUC accreditation test, schools like EKSU, KSU ought not to pass. But i discovered that the vast majority of these state universities are paid tens of millions by their state goverments to deceive NUC's visiting teams. Towards the NUC visit eLibraries that were not functional start functioning, libraries are stocked with borrowed books, faculty offices are stocked, laboratory equipments are borrowed and worst of all manipulation of academic staff list.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
HigherEd:

Lakuli it's finished

I recently wondered how state universities pass NUC accreditation test, schools like EKSU, KSU ought not to pass. But i discovered that the vast majority of these state universities are paid tens of millions by their state goverments to deceive NUC's visiting teams. Towards the NUC visit eLibraries that were not functional start functioning, libraries are stocked with borrowed books, faculty offices are stocked, laboratory equipments are borrowed and worst of all manipulation of academic staff list.

Most state schools are useless.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
U I, UNILAG, UNIBEN

crappy schools

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
In contrast to the above some schools have lecturers who resigned from high paying jobs to take up appointments in those schools. That tells you one thing.
They are passionate about lecturing in those schools yet we see people here always claiming private church schools have no lecturers.
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Unluckrees(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Uniabj is a Useless Federal Uni.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by sacajawea: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Most are terrible sorry, just plain Truth
Only a few Federal Schools are okay UI, Lag, OAU, etc some state schools are manageable but over 75% of Government Schools are not good major flaws mar them all
While Private Schools about 50% are pure garbage or not good enough, others are very OK and good and are steadily improving
Ps: I attended both public and Private Schools

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by sacajawea: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
lilmax:
U I, UNILAG, UNIBEN

crappy schools
Loool

@kennygee hahaha
@Op you just want to entertain with this thread almost all schools would be thrashed I remember visiting was it Delsu or So if you see complain what of the UNN I thought would be decent chai nd ppl would be So proud and defending their Schs Kai Nigerians, the Government and The ppl fit themselves
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
kennygee:

Students have to pay project supervisors just to read their projects, students have to add 1500 naira in heir group assignments so the lecturer will mark it.

Students have to sort some courses, not cause they didn't do well, but because the lecturers insisted on it.

Should I continue?
wait o...
Newly employed, young, masters-students are misbehaving as lecturers?

Where is the future leaders we always here about?

AFTER SOME PEOPLE WILL BLAME BUHARI!

#iStandWithBuhari #BuhariTill2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by yorubakid: 12:07am On Aug 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Based on student welfare I quess.

If based on things like transparency law and order, no public school will even make it. May be UI will escape.

is UI not managed by the the same Nigerian government?uncle forget story..UI too na big thrash same with everything managed with Nigerian government..UI is no different from the rest unless if UI is being managed by UK government

1 Like

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by ElRapido: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
lilmax:
U I, UNILAG, UNIBEN

crappy schools

People of your kind don fail these schools post utme tired so they end up in polytechnic and hide behind keyboard to insult them.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2018
ElRapido:

People of your kind don fail these schools post utme tired so they end up in polytechnic and hide behind keyboard to insult them.
you are not an intelligent person so you can't understand my post

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2018
Madonna seems to be the worst University in Nigeria

I've not met any alumni with good stories from that shíthole

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Auladimeji(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2018
lilmax:
you are not an intelligent person so you can't understand my post
He's very dull and he will be among those that accuses PMB of been dull

1 Like

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by yorubakid: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2018
Auladimeji:
He's very dull and he will be among those that accuses PMB of been dull
being

1 Like

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Aug 30, 2018
sacajawea:

Loool

@kennygee hahaha
@Op you just want to entertain with this thread almost all schools would be thrashed I remember visiting was it Delsu or So if you see complain what of the UNN I thought would be decent chai nd ppl would be So proud and defending their Schs Kai Nigerians, the Government and The ppl fit themselves
That is my main problem with insecure undergrads everywhere. They are ready to defend what is holding them back in order to feel among and even superior. They are ready to defend their oppressors.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Ocheinstein(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
This poster is surely not informed.
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by sacajawea: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
Make this thing enter FP I go laugh tire today grin
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Meel: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:

Lakuli it's finished

State universities are not the only people guilty of these shameful act.

Most private universities also bribe , and falsify things during accreditation.

The reputable ABUAD , did something similar during accreditation exercise of it's medical courses. They employed the appropriate staffs required, and adhered to NUC and Council( regulatory bodies) Student and lecturer's ratio. After being fully accredited, the school decided to dismiss some of it staff, for one reasons or the other.

Am not saying this, to defame ABUAD, but just stating the obvious. ( Am sure the school did it for fund ish)
Am a student of a private uni also, my university is also guilty of that act. During accreditation exercise, they go on look for individuals with Master's and Phd , they make a contract with them( to appear as staff). E.g during nursing accreditation, they invited nurses with MSC from different teaching hospitals, to stand as Academic staffs of the institutions. After the accreditation exercise, they pay the people money and thats all, they are accredited.

N.b I was once a ladokite( I transferred due to the strike). I believe no school is worst, each just have it own ailings, and strength. All Nigeria Universities be it , government or private needs appropriate funds to function well.
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Papertrail11(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
all schools in nigeria are not up to par

lets stop hyping ourselves a country where lecturer write computer codes on board for the students and ,their mumu self will pen it down a priavte uni now imagine what the public ones would be going through
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Nearly entered uniabuja in 2008. I dodged a bullet o. My second choice released admission list in september useless uniabuja sent me mail in january . After i don pay school fees in my second choice. 3 of my friends later went to uniabuja cos dey tot i wud come. Till today i never see dem go camp o. Missing scrip, accreditation ish. Etc. May God punish dat school

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
kennygee:

Should I continue?

I can bet that the employability status of graduates from the school has dropped with this comment.

@Topic: Your findings are perfect! Even though there's no methodology. wink
Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by thesmallgod(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
I think the op is daft. you are calling a university 'Worst' just because they have challenge with funding. To make the matter worst you mention LAUTECH which was ones the best state university in Nigeria. Even as the school is having this challenge 90% of other state universities can not compete with the school in term of qualities of education and versatile graduates the school has produced.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
University of abuja is actually laughable... Like it's a joke of a school.

And lautech?, now that's another story entirely. Let's see what gonna happen before dis year runs out. I believe lautech 'd be good again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Workers Disrupt JAMB Mock Examination / Current JAMB Syllabus For Allsubjects / The Absence Of Educational And Intellective Competitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.