Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? (2346 Views)

What Is The Most Ridiculous Job Offer You Have Ever Received? / I Have Been Offered A Job At Retireco / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 6:49am On Dec 02, 2016
Now, all those plastic be a boss of your own individuals should keep thoughts to themselves except u have the means to render soft loans! cos i believe every reasonable literate will always want to have a back up business.
Now a 20k job without tfare to worry about pending when something better comes... is it bad in itself? with the current recession engulfing eryone
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by dingbang(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2016
It's so so so so so so so so so small... what u"d eat in a month will be more than
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Tyviv(f): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Manage it and keep on applying, even though the salary is small, 20k is better than nothing...

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Raphafire101: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2016
Well it depends on the family u come from, if no one Is depending on u then take up the job to while away time till u get a better job. . But if it's teaching u go talk tire ohh...
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by myrrtle(m): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2016
EMXTAN1:
Now, all those plastic be a boss of your own individuals should keep thoughts to themselves except u have the means to render soft loans! cos i believe every reasonable literate will always want to have a back up business.
Now a 20k job without tfare to worry about pending when something better comes... is it bad in itself? with the current recession engulfing eryone
Hey, don't take the job abeg and go and look for a job that fits your status.
If its me, I will rather stay unemployed, keep faith and keep looking for a good job than take that s.hit.
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Goalsniper: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2016
Depending on what you want but i will suggest you take it for now and still be seeing yourself that you havent arrived yet. it will add up to you job experience and you will definitely learn something good you dont know before.
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by laivwire(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Any man that seats at home every morning does so because he has something to eat. If things were really hard, you won't be asking this question

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:05am On Dec 02, 2016
Goalsniper:
Depending on what you want but i will suggest you take it for now and still be seeing yourself that you havent arrived yet. it will add up to you job experience and you will definitely learn something good you dont know before.

yeah thanks, exactly the thought
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2016
laivwire:
Any man that seats at home every morning does so because he has something to eat. If things were really hard, you won't be asking this question

Not really as you think... its more to that... buh id agree that no man should seat at home, some dont but yet still find life so o difficult... but the issue is like this....there is a ladder that you climb to your desired end, while on the ladder there are challenges and obstacles, but then there is a height u aim to reach but when u look down there are oppurtunities u can engage in, only if u get down. the question now is do u have to get down to do it just to survive or keep going up the ladder till u get to your desired height?
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2016
myrrtle:

Hey, don't take the job abeg and go and look for a job that fits your status.
If its me, I will rather stay unemployed, keep faith and keep looking for a good job than take that s.hit.

okay.,... thanks
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2016
Raphafire101:
Well it depends on the family u come from, if no one Is depending on u then take up the job to while away time till u get a better job. . But if it's teaching u go talk tire ohh...

not actually a teaching job and the timing isnt soo much.
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Raphafire101: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2016
EMXTAN1:

not actually a teaching job and the timing isnt soo much.
Then go for it and get the experience...I wish I can get such job too...to while away time..
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2016
Raphafire101:

Then go for it and get the experience...I wish I can get such job too...to while away time..

yeah thanks, majorly for experience and avoid been idle, though the job is way off my profession...
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Raphafire101: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2016
EMXTAN1:

yeah thanks, majorly for experience and avoid been idle, though the job is way off my profession...
That is it, to avoid idleness...

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by bamangar: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2016
Tyviv:
Manage it and keep on applying, even though the salary is small, 20k is better than nothing...
Npower should have been better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Tyviv(f): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2016
bamangar:
Npower should have been better
That's true...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2016
Depends on the class of degree you graduated with. If you graduated with a 3rd class or less,then by all means take the offer. But if you have a 2:2 or above(by your effort),then it's absolutely unreasonable.

My opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by kolaish(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
It is only a lazy man that will sit at home and keep rejecting job offer. Start from somewhere, everything will soon be a story and a life time experience. My first salary work in 1995 is not worth N20,000 of today, because i can remember very well that my salary then could only afford me 2 jeans and 2 tops then in a month. Now, they are all stories as I have people working under me.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by toyosiArewa(f): 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
Too small! You didn't spend 4/5years in the university, feeding & accommodating yourself only to be paid 20k. These employers are just taking advantage of ppl, the least a graduate shd earn is 30k.

Even NYSC is 20k
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Oluwaeasy: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
I think the amount is small with d current situation in Nigeria, am a victim of this circumstances after my NYSC I got this teaching job with salary pay of 20k. I have to be in school before 7:30am and leave 6pm, that is not even the issue. I realise that I can hardly feed myself and everyday I spent N200 as tp. Tel me hw can some save with this kind of job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by idu1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Stay in your house
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by paulGrundy(m): 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
EMXTAN1:

Guy give me the site you applied to, so I can apply.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by saxwizard(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
EMXTAN1:
just a word for you. Don't despise the days of little beginning

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:
Depends on the class of degree you graduated with. If you graduated with a 3rd class or less,then by all means take the offer. But if you have a 2:2 or above(by your effort),then it's absolutely unreasonable.

My opinion.

Should a higher class degree automatically translate to a higher pay? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by queenfav(f): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
I'd say go for it and be on the lookout for better opportunities.It's better than being idle.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by queenfav(f): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

My opinion.
lwkmd...You amaze me really.My first job as a lawyer called to the Nigerian bar was with no pay..I was getting 10k as tfare and I wasn't living with anyone neither was anyone footing my bills.I took the job to gain experience but i didn't stop working and praying for a better opportunity..
And oh,by the way I made a 2.1 from university,2.2 from Nigerian law school. So pls eh...wake up!The class of degree u graduate with or what you study is of no consequence. A masters degree holder I know has been jobless for 2 years..He was begging me last week to help him talk to my boss, to employ him as a law office Liberian (25k salary).
The race is not for the swift uncle,good grades guarantee you nothing!

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
saxwizard:

just a word for you. Don't despise the days of little beginning

Thank you
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

My opinion.

obviously u failed it.... if that were to be the case id be working in one of the best place in Nigeria
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
toyosiArewa:
Too small! You didn't spend 4/5years in the university, feeding & accommodating yourself only to be paid 20k. These employers are just taking advantage of ppl, the least a graduate shd earn is 30k.

Even NYSC is 20k

You are not far from the truth, but my dear, its better than nothing and its not where or how u start, but how u end
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
queenfav:
lwkmd...You amaze me really.My first job as a lawyer called to the Nigerian bar was with no pay..I was getting 10k as tfare and I wasn't living with anyone neither was anyone footing my bills.I took the job to gain experience but i didn't stop working and praying for a better opportunity..
And oh,by the way I made a 2.1 from university,2.2 from Nigerian law school. So pls eh...wake up!The class of degree u graduate with or what you study is of no consequence. A masters degree holder I know has been jobless for 2 years..He was begging me last week to help him talk to my boss, to employ him as a law office Liberian (25k salary).
The race is not for the swift uncle,good grades guarantee you nothing!

i second you

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by EMXTAN1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
paulGrundy:

Guy give me the site you applied to, so I can apply.
really? no site application sha, tis just happened to be the neighbourhood
Re: A Graduate Offered A 20k Job... Ridiculous Or Well Just Manage? by Doyin400l(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2016
I'm short of words, you take it bro and atleast you will see money to buy recharge card, buy subscription to browse better paid job, barb ur hair, buy one or two clothes to look good. It is still better than to rely or keep begging your parents or relatives for all these. Don't mind those people that said you should not take it; just ask them to help u with 1k to feed they won't. Life is in stages pls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Received This Message. / PLAC Internship Interview 2019. Drop Important Updates Here. / Globacom Customer Representative Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.